F-15s Unrealistic flight model & turn rate at slow airspeeds

jc005e

ED you guys seriously need to fix this planes flight model. In the aerobatic server i have seen an f-15 do 30 degree of AOA in a high alpha.. Also in 104th server I have seen F-15s Pulling these quick tight turns at slow airspeeds even with wing tanks. Lastly A buddy of mines was able to perform a cobra in the F-15...

Since when did the F-15 fly like a F-18/F-16/Su-27?? I mean this damn plane is doing tighter turns than an su-27 like for real? Its like you guys want the red side to suffer and blue side to have an easier fight :mad::mad: Get your together ED.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity
  • Like 6

ED you guys seriously need to fix this planes flight model. In the aerobatic server i have seen an f-15 do 30 degree of AOA in a high alpha.. Also in 104th server I have seen F-15s Pulling these quick tight turns at slow airspeeds even with wing tanks. Lastly A buddy of mines was able to perform a cobra in the F-15...

Since when did the F-15 fly like a F-18/F-16/Su-27?? I mean this damn plane is doing tighter turns than an su-27 like for real? Its like you guys want the red side to suffer and blue side to have an easier fight :mad::mad: Get your shit together ED.

If your claims are based on factual evidence against aircraft performance data then I would suggest you replace your current bather with said arguments.

It is useless to post angry opinion pieces based on "I feel like" as basis for flight model improvement.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Since when did the F-15 fly like a F-18/F-16/Su-27?? I mean this damn plane is doing tighter turns than an su-27 like for real? Its like you guys want the red side to suffer and blue side to have an easier fight :mad::mad: Get your shit together ED.

I've seen F-15's turn on a dime in the overhead. They are spectacular!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Also, AOA and alpha is the same thing.

They aren't or rather rather they needn't be. There is true and local AOA as the air flow around the sensor, wing edge, etc. can be different than the overall angle between the airframe and free stream.

Then the increment in the cockpit gauge might be "units" and not degrees. And "20 units of AOA" might not be "20 degrees of AOA." And so one should not expect in general for a cockpit AOA gauge to agree exactly with the DCS F2 bar readout.

ED you guys seriously need to fix this planes flight model. In the aerobatic server i have seen an f-15 do 30 degree of AOA in a high alpha..

Maybe you should go yell at the 'unrealistic' real F-15's turning with over 40 degrees of Alpha ...

Also in 104th server I have seen F-15s Pulling these quick tight turns at slow airspeeds even with wing tanks.

That's really a non-issue. A slow aircraft can appear to turn very quickly, and there are tricks to make it go a little faster even. The bags might be empty - I mean so what if they have bags on the wings?

Maybe its your own flying that needs analysis? :D

Lastly A buddy of mines was able to perform a cobra in the F-15...

No he wasn't. I suspect you don't understand what a cobra is :)

Since when did the F-15 fly like a F-18/F-16/Su-27??

Never. It flies like an F-15.

I mean this damn plane is doing tighter turns than an su-27 like for real?

I don't know, I want to say 'L2BFM' but instead of being mean, I'll say that you can easily out-turn a Su-27 when you know what you're doing and the Su-27 pilot doesn't.

Its like you guys want the red side to suffer and blue side to have an easier fight :mad::mad: Get your shit together ED.

How about you prove that something is wrong instead of ranting :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is a Perfect Example of a non constructive rant.

No Actual Data Given, No Accurate Description of the Problem vs Real World Data,

Just a "it's Broke, FIX it Rant".

//Thread Closed.

Credit Lunaticfringe:

Right out of the 325th TTW student guidance:

attachment.php?attachmentid=167589&stc=1&d=1502824010

20770197_10213495793930242_251287926410987099_n.thumb.jpg.ff41c2b48674a3742774aa8fadca9c2a.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs