Turn off warning sound

Simicro

Hi,

I am a comrade ;) transitioning from the Mi-8 to the Huey.

In Mount Elbrus mission I get a continous warning sound after take-off.

I believe it is related to the 20 min fuel caution.

I tried the R key which turned off the caution light on the front panel but I cannot stop the sound warning?

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Actually, right from the beginning* I get the audio warning, even with no collective.

* I choose the hot start for the mission.

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Actually, right from the beginning* I get the audio warning, even with no collective.

* I choose the hot start for the mission.

Is throttle fully open and N2 at operating range?

"R Control - W" ?

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks for jumping in Chic.

I will check that.

For your information I also tried to flip the low audio RPM switch to OFF, but it won't stay on OFF.

- Tony -

Yes throttle is fully open and N2 in range.

I don't have the RPM LIMIT warning light.

If I diminish throttle then I have a RPM LIMIT warning light, plus a new warning sound.

So I think the first audio warning is something else.

The only warning lights I have are:

1) MASTER CAUTION

2) 20 MIN FUEL

- Tony -

Interesting. Unaware of any other audio alarms. BTW, the low rpm audio alarm is electrically held in off position. Maybe a CB or inverter issue?? Just a thought.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

The Low RPM warning reverts to on once the RPM reaches the green zone. This is intended and makes sure that you get the proper warning, after switching it off during startup.

Have you considered that the sound you are hearing might be the rescue beacon? Just lower the volume on the radio and/or switch it off while you are not actively trying to track.

It is an aggressive and continuous warning sound ; it's not the rescue beacon on the FM I believe. Anyway, thanks.

- Tony -

Well, I just tried the mission again and that's the only thing I get. But it is in fact a continuous and aggressive warning sound. To amend my earlier advice, though: you can also just turn down the volume of the FM radio and thus keep homing in on the beacon without that annoyance.

• Like 1

But it is in fact a continuous and aggressive warning sound.

Understood.

turn down the volume of the FM radio and thus keep homing in on the beacon without that annoyance.

Tricky :thumbup:

Thanks for your time and advice!

- Tony -