Poll: JimMack Memorial Trophy 2017  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: JimMack Memorial Trophy 2017

• Bignewy for his forum presence
    • Bunyap for quality YouTube content
    • Charly_Owl for his excellent guides
    • Ciribob for SimpleRadio and Blueflag work
    • FlightControl for the framework "MOOSE"
    • Grimes for MIST, Hoggit scripting and so much more...
    • Mirknir for the Open Conflict server
    • xxjohnxx for quality YouTube content

All the people listed are hands down represent the best of the best of the DCS community.

If this trophy is for the person who best represents the spirit of actively contributing to the promotion and advancement of the sim community then this list is incomplete!

The list is missing Xcom!

There would be no Blue Flag without him and his brilliant work and sharing of his work on the stats capturing and analyzing has enabled stats to be posted on web pages of servers, such as burning skies and others and even the MOOSE Framework stats handling is based on his work. You can see the latest evolution of the stats analyzing here http://gadget.buddyspike.net/#

You opened the nomination post on May 17 and received only 10 replies. I didn't see this thread until now.

Crash, since you have only 8 nominees out of the 10 you were planning for your poll I hope you add him.

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Hey Viff!

Thanks for your message. Great you take this initiative.

Indeed, allow me also to agree with what you wrote.

The scripting community is actually one big contributing team.

By sharing code, documenting it, and sharing the ideas, people can contribute with each other, learn from each other, and continuously improve.

This benefits not only the people who are designing missions, but definitely the people who join those missions and execute the mission scenarios.

Good missions and simulations are about exciting graphics, high fps, stellar views, but, beyond those form factors, there is more. Simulation is very much about being able to design continuously more complex and challenging mission scenarios, co-op missions, share tasks, distribute tasks, follow-up the taskings, and achieve joint goals. Campaign management is only the tip of the iceberg here. The excitement comes when you as a team achieve a difficult goal. Without the scripting community people who have contributed so much, we would not have a stack of missions and servers available to the levels we are at today. And that includes also those people who modify DCS world (mods).

Many people are missing from this list. Personally, I have learned a lot from many people in this community. A lot of names to list here ...

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Honoured to be nominated, some great community members on that list.

Can only pick one so my vote went to Charly_Owl for his excellent guides.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have to agree, that especially the scripting and mission tools part is a gigantic team effort with lots of people actively contributing and helping each other and everyone who needs it.

As Sven (FlightControl) pointed out, many scripts are a combination or rewrite or addition to/of existing scripts and everybody learns from each other.

Anyway I voted for Moose, as Sven's approach is more than just a set of automations/simplification of tasks via scripting. It is a framework. A concept to enable others to contribute and develop their own ideas of automation/features.

As much as it is true, that he is not doing this alone and there is a brilliant team behind the whole thing now, but he put so much of his private time, energy and love into building this team, getting things started and growing it into a team effort!

That is why I voted for Moose.

...and I want to know all the other brilliant community members like Bignewy, Grimes, Ciribob, Chuck_owl, SithSpawn and all the ones I am too lazy to look up: "You guys rock and deserve to be noticed and should get an award for your work!"

This is a great community after all. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is coming to a close. We have to remember when this is for, had I realised this award back last year there is no doubt Xcom and Ciribob would have been tearing it up as the 'year of the Blue Flag team'. Didn't want to go on too much during the competion about my nominee or reasons were, I wish the "Blue Flag team" could have had their own award for 2015 to 2016 as they would have nailed it both times as a group. And Ciribob stood apart from those guys (for me) as an Individual with SRS, CTLD and numerous other scripting and community support back last year. hard to believe its an entire YEAR now since the SRS release from Ciaran.

Given 2017 (I suppose June 2016 to 2017?) has played out differently from the last two years my vote went to the individual who inspired me to learn LUA scripting for myself, inspire others and myself to do more with DCS under the hood and the knock on effect is seen is so many servers with admins putting out more detailed and interesting content than ever before.

There's no doubt this competition has only one winner and it's the same every year. The Community of DCS. I hate that it should be one person, that does seem unfair. There's just too many awesome folk here.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Pls allow me to say a few words.

I have mixed feelings about all this. reading the post of Viff, Pikey etc.

This should not be a competition. It is silly to make these kind of contributions a competition. These scripts are made for the enjoyment of others, nothing more, nothing less. People who like me code as a hobby, to make something that is liked and used by others.

Let me add the following. Ciribob, Xcom, Grimes without your endless efforts this famework would never have been established. There is a ton of advice, techniques and code that was there. Grimes because of MIST, and the fantastic documentation by the way, of the DCS API. Ciribob, I enjoyed your pop-ins from time to time on slack, and always at the moment when it was needed. Without you, the DESIGNATE class would never have have been completed. Xcom, who indeed I learned the basis of the event handling from. And many others who helped.

I would like to say however a big thank you to those many people who have joined the sharing site on slack, and have been helping with ideas, requirements, logo design, mission design, their questions, their answers, their continuous contributions.

If it was not for Pikey, Delta, Dutch Baron, Ironjockel, DwPenney, Stonehouse, Gunterlund, Wingthor, Beamrider, FunkyFranky, Easy, RobGraham, Greyecho!, Entropy, Afinegan, Alpenwolf, Alwandy, Birgersp, Ciribob, Craigowen, Dooom, Danny, Delta!, Dexa, Dr_Marianus, Dutch Baron!, Eno, Eric, Fubarbundy, Gecko, Hafody, Hijack, Homefries, Ignition, Lemoen, Loosecannon, Mechanist!, Midnite (he was the first to join :-)), Porcorosso (thanks for your testing yesterday and today!), Prof Hilactic, Raf_raven, Ripcord, Sage, Sithspawn, tuka, Tbear!, Vitormoura, Whiplash, ! And a thank to those I may have forgotten! (If I did forget, drop me a PM).

Look, I thought writing this polite email as a word of thanks.

And also to share what I've learned.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

And four persons I would like to thank additionally! I don't care if some may find this too much blah blah blach, but I have my reasons to write this down to the community!

@grey-echo: He developed BEACON and RADIO in the framework. These 2 classes are great, and are enabling beacons and radio communications within your mission scripting using OO principles.

On top, he was making a complete new documentation system that was almost finished. @grey-echo, if you ever read this, a big thanks to your contributions and even more. You designed a new release system for the framework!

@Pikey: You've been the most online at slack.com. You were all the time there to advice and help people with scripting issues. You learned lua to a level now that is fantastic to see how much you have evolved. Thank you!

@Delta: Same as Pikey, your continuous efforts on the slack site helping others! On top, your lua skills have sometimes kicked me during your tests. Your thorough reports and the complexity of your missions has helped to improve the framework and get the details smoothened out. The new event handling system is an example of that! Thank you!

@stonehouse: Been online with me for a couple of sessions, explaining me all about GCICAP. Helping me with the principles of the current solution, and shared the existing documentation. Thank you for your time, which I understand is very limited! I hope the new AI_A2A_DISPATCHER will become a big fun for the community as a result of this after release 2.2. of MOOSE.

This is not a one man show, that's all I wanna say.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Pls have a look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3222080&postcount=635

Sven

[/TABLE]

Well. I'm pretty sure you deserved this memorial trophy!

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2