Ln's fourth jet after F-14: Mig-23 or Su-22?

Jaktaz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viggen and Cat are top priorities right now. :)

We work many years ahead, especially since we've grown the team considerably in the past few years. I've said it before; wishlist threads are, in general, not useless-- but we already have a good indication of what is out there for us to build, and we've chosen projects based on this.

It's difficult to balance how realistic it is to build something, versus your own passion and goals.

the main topic of this thread is what's the next project after F-14 (and ajs), so cobra you didn't answer this question and only repeat the words you've said before.

dude, just tell us what's the lucky boy you've already chosen.

• Like 1

the main topic of this thread is what's the next project after F-14 (and ajs), so cobra you didn't answer this question and only repeat the words you've said before.

The question was ask, and LN chose to not give an answer. The modules they are working on right now are not even ready yet. I wouldn't expect a list or any sort of teasers of future modules until the Viggen and Tomcat are out at the very least.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

This thread should have been closed with Cobra's answer.

They don't have to tell us anything about future plans.

Since this is yet another wish and speculations thread maybe to make it constructive lets see if anyone from LN will like to comment on it.

And yes, as probably a lot of other people I would love to have Su-17/22 or MiG-23 (in this order) but the number of threads and posts about it, is not directly proportional to the amount of lines of code being created for that modules :music_whistling:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Since this is yet another wish and speculations thread maybe to make it constructive lets see if anyone from LN will like to comment on it.

And yes, as probably a lot of other people I would love to have Su-17/22 or MiG-23 (in this order) but the number of threads and posts about it, is not directly proportional to the amount of lines of code being created for that modules :music_whistling:

Cobra already put in his word on this thread.

The man has a point. It's not about LNS, but it's a fact that others than Belsimtek we have only western devs. Access to Russian data is harder for them than NATO's. Add to it that they expect western aircrafts to sell more...

I don't blame LNS, it's sad not to have the same amount of devs from Russia. There are very talented programmers passionate of aviation out here! Pity!!

The man has a point. It's not about LNS, but it's a fact that others than Belsimtek we have only western devs. Access to Russian data is harder for them than NATO's. Add to it that they expect western aircrafts to sell more...

I don't blame LNS, it's sad not to have the same amount of devs from Russia. There are very talented programmers passionate of aviation out here! Pity!!

That doesn't really follow. A great number of Russian birds are sold to anyone who throws cash at Russia. They're in the hands of so many nations getting data or even a real world pilot/crew member/technician/etc. can't be all that difficult to do. And manuals/data certainly aren't that hard to come by. That may not be the case with the more current and advanced birds, but those don't tend to (for good reason) find their way into the sim anyway. As well they shouldn't.

I'd wager getting data on something like the F-14, F/A-18, A-10C, F-15E, etc. is far, FAR harder than on some of the slightly dated Russian aircraft. Probably even some of the more current ones.

As to selling more, that may be the case. But I am not sure to what extent. We're getting flooded and drowned in western birds. I'd pay a lot for the Tomcat or some of the coming western planes, but I'd pay twice as much for a proper Russian counterpart to mix it up with the western planes online. Even one or two of the Chinese fighters though they'd be quite a bit harder to get data on than the Russian planes. Really the only viable Russian plane for combat that we have that's modeled at any level of realism as far as workload is the MiG-21, which won't compete in any way with some of the coming and current western aircraft. Even just a properly done "DCS" level Su-27 or MiG-29 would rake in decent cash right now.

Edit: As would a properly done "DCS" level Su-33/Russian carrier ops to compete with the coming US carrier ops.

Edited by OneBlueSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That doesn't really follow. A great number of Russian birds are sold to anyone who throws cash at Russia. They're in the hands of so many nations getting data or even a real world pilot/crew member/technician/etc. can't be all that difficult to do. And manuals/data certainly aren't that hard to come by. That may not be the case with the more current and advanced birds, but those don't tend to (for good reason) find their way into the sim anyway. As well they shouldn't.

I'd wager getting data on something like the F-14, F/A-18, A-10C, F-15E, etc. is far, FAR harder than on some of the slightly dated Russian aircraft. Probably even some of the more current ones.

As to selling more, that may be the case. But I am not sure to what extent. We're getting flooded and drowned in western birds. I'd pay a lot for the Tomcat or some of the coming western planes, but I'd pay twice as much for a proper Russian counterpart to mix it up with the western planes online. Even one or two of the Chinese fighters though they'd be quite a bit harder to get data on than the Russian planes. Really the only viable Russian plane for combat that we have that's modeled at any level of realism as far as workload is the MiG-21, which won't compete in any way with some of the coming and current western aircraft. Even just a properly done "DCS" level Su-27 or MiG-29 would rake in decent cash right now.

Edit: As would a properly done "DCS" level Su-33/Russian carrier ops to compete with the coming US carrier ops.

Countries having acquired data about Russian planes after the Cold War doesn't mean that those data is public data.

You certainly share the same enthusiasm as me about diverse and Eastern technology but that's not the case of western masses. These are ready to pay for NATO planes much more than Russian ones. Russian gamers would buy Russian planes but if you knew the prices in the Russian store you would laugh. Devs are startups and companies. Many do this for living and nothing else. It's legitimate that they look to do planes that are more profitable.

Otherwise could you explain me why there is 0 Russian planes in the road maps of all western devs ? Even Belsimtek has only a Mi24 in development.

hard to get old 2nd/3rd gen(5 gen for all) fighter's data?

dude, after 1991 the fall of soviet, this data never be secret.

america has all series of mig (except 31) from iraq.

east german, polish and eygpt had became western country with a bunch of eastern weapon and retired them. secret for what?

And what everyone is forgetting is that even if they HAVE the data required, one cease and desist letter from the parent company of whatever plane you want to sell will kill the project immediately.. You have to obtain PERMISSION to simulate someone else' intellectual property.. Why do you think they go to such lengths to obtain agreements with these companies?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

hard to get old 2nd/3rd gen(5 gen for all) fighter's data?

dude, after 1991 the fall of soviet, this data never be secret.

america has all series of mig (except 31) from iraq.

east german, polish and eygpt had became western country with a bunch of eastern weapon and retired them. secret for what?

I said you can get it but it's usually in Russian and you gave to search for it. Same as older American technology.

That's why I said it's a pity than we don't have Russian devs

I said you can get it but it's usually in Russian and you gave to search for it. Same as older American technology.

That's why I said it's a pity than we don't have Russian devs

ED is Russian and BelsimTek is Belarussian. What?

ED is Russian and BelsimTek is Belarussian. What?

You obviously didn't read my previous posts and jumping to answer. I said 2 posts ago" except Belsimtek". They produced mig15, mi8 and having mi24 on the roadmap.

3 modules vs 1 module from Western devs. Don't you see the obvious correlation between origin of devs and modules ?

And I am talking about what's been produced and announced. There 0 new Russian planes from western devs.

And what everyone is forgetting is that even if they HAVE the data required, one cease and desist letter from the parent company of whatever plane you want to sell will kill the project immediately.. You have to obtain PERMISSION to simulate someone else' intellectual property.. Why do you think they go to such lengths to obtain agreements with these companies?

This is the main point. Getting the documentation, flight manuals and performance data is actually secondary. Assuming that it's possible to collect them the project will not be started without getting the permission. Opposite, once an official contact is established, permission granted and contract agreed the data and information can be obtained from the source.

A good example is the Eurofighter Typhoon.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all