FM Homeing - Why doesn't it work? What am I doing wrong?

leonsilver

Hello!

I've ben trying to fix my problem for days, with not much success.

I would like to use the FM Homeing's navigation, but as you can see in the video, I can't.

Why? What am I doing wrong? I've tried to do the mission called "Elbrus rescue" which is

related to the Huey and it workes perfectly here.

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am sorry the commentary did not record. I think shadowplay must need looked at.

I hope that you get the idea from the video. Most units can be made to transmit but you will have to find an .ogg or .wav file that suits your purposes. Open the attached mission with 7zip and you can get the soundfile from it to use again.

FM Homing.miz

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much Cibit!

That helped a bit, but it's not what I was thinking about.

For every airport there is a certain FM frequency.

Anapa: 38.4; Krasnodar center: 38.6; Krymsk: 39.0 etc etc

My problem is if I set up one (Gudauta 40.2 for example) and turn it on, nothing happens.

Look at this video. After 2:24 the FM starts.

It sets up, turns on and finds the airports.

That's what I want, I set it up, turn it on, and then nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you look through the comments, near the top, you will see one that mentions that's a mission where he has set up a beacon.

The beacon would transmit continuously so it can be tracked.

ATC only transmits when they are speaking to you.

In the German WWII aircraft you can tune in to the ATC frequencies and see the instruments work only when ATC is transmitting.

Does the same thing happen in the Huey? if you tune into an ATC FM frequency, do the instruments work while they are talking to you?

I tried last night to call up ATC in the huey using the FM freq given in the F10 map. There was no response, so no broadcast and nothing for the AN/ARC-131 to pick up on.

The work around is to make a mission with a ground unit at every airport you want to use with a frequency to match the F10 map and an .ogg or .wav file broadcasting:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

In the mission "Stray Eagle," the ELT homing beacon doesn't work. The CDI needle doesn't deflect at all. I've flown all around the stray eagle after he says he's activating it, but the needle never deflects and I have to find him by the smoke. In the Mt. Elbus rescue mission, the needle deflects. It's frustrating in Stray Eagle.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

In the mission "Stray Eagle," the ELT homing beacon doesn't work. The CDI needle doesn't deflect at all.

The stray eagle mission has a missing ELT-Tone.ogg file for the radio transmission on the Pilot (Transmission will not work unless you give it a sound to play).

Find attached a fixed version with the sound file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnl68mr0v9jjjow/Huey%20Single%20Player%20Missions.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thank you very much Sir! As a Noob in DCS, I need all the help I can get with navigation. I've downloaded your single missions files and will try them. Were there any changes to the Rebel Base and Mt Elbrus Rescue files or just the Stray Eagle?

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Thank you very much Sir! As a Noob in DCS, I need all the help I can get with navigation.

I've downloaded your single missions files and will try them. Were there any changes to the Rebel Base and Mt Elbrus Rescue files or just the Stray Eagle?

Honestly, I can't remember if I had fixed anything in the other missions (They are saved in the newer 1.5x format also, the originals are not), so I just included them for completeness.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.