Uncommanded Rudder Inputs

flynavy154

I feel certain this is likely a problem with my rudder pedals or their settings and not the module, but in the L-39 I'm experiencing sudden uncommanded rudder inputs. For example, I can be in a left standard-bank turn with some slight left rudder applied and suddenly the rudder will snap to the full right position obviously causing a violent yaw and then oscillation while recovering. Any thoughts?

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm having the very same issue.

The L-39 will yaw abruptly, seemingly at random, in normal, even straight and level flight.

I'm certain it has nothing to do with the controllers as this is not an issue in any other module.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'll check my axis commands again when I get home...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm having the very same issue.

The L-39 will yaw abruptly, seemingly at random, in normal, even straight and level flight.

I'm certain it has nothing to do with the controllers as this is not an issue in any other module.

Moin-Moin!

As NeilWillis says: check your Options / Controls for multiple bindings (e.g. joystick, throttle, pedals) to the same axes! By default DCS binds axes for every new module to every one of your input devices; and you have to clear out all the unwanted ones.

I'm 99% sure that's the origin of your problem.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5