JimMack

Printed tactical Map Options  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Printed tactical Map Options

• 1:600,000 folded not laminated
    • 1:600,000 flat, laminated
    • 1:500,000 flat, not laminated

• ED Team

We have been getting quotes from a variety of sources. The objective is to get the lowest price. To do this we need options where the whole process is automated for the printer.

Option 1

1:600,000 folded, not laminated, paper weight 100 g/sq m [Comment - printer can not auto fold laminated paper] - 1189mm x 841mm

Option 2

1:600,000 flat, laminated, paper weight 130 g/sq m [Comment, sent as a roll in a tube - user will have to fold] - 1189mm x 841mm

Option 3

1:500,000 flat, not laminated, paper weight 130 g/sq m [Comment, sent as a roll in a tube - user will have to laminate and fold] - 1400mm x 1100mm

Our preference is for Option 3 for the following reasons:

The size is aeronautical standard

The detail will be that much clearer than the smaller size

It is easy to apply the self adhesive film laminate (bought from most craft shops)

The user has freedom to decide how he wants the map to be folded.

In volume, the pricing of the options are very similar, around $12 - $15 (not including postage)

We can only get these prices because of volume, so will not be happy if we only sell a few hundred!

Edited by JimMack
more info

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I think option 3 is the way to go too, I'll purchase one.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I think 3 is good option. Price is acceptable for me too. I'll laminate it myself and decide to fold or hang on wall :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

1:500,000 flat, laminated!

and only this scale, 1:600000 are terribly scaled - not useful for pilots.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Consider this a pledge for a pair of #3's, assuming postage to uk mainland addresses isn't out of balance.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Topdog, postage to UK mainland should be relatively low, since one of the shipping centres would be in the UK. ;)

Just remember that this product is still being investigated, TFC does not yet know for sure if it will be financially viable to do this, but I'm hoping, since I'm definitely getting a few myself. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Count me as part of the interested.

Definitely interested ... but my concern is shipping cost. A tube to the U.S. has to be expensive, even if sent as Kon Tiki cargo! ;)

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

• ED Team
Definitely interested ... but my concern is shipping cost. A tube to the U.S. has to be expensive, even if sent as Kon Tiki cargo! ;)

I'll explore shipping costs and let you know. We may ship in bulk to Wags so he can send out in US. However, space in his last room will disappear!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Will these maps be like those that were included in Falcon 4 manual? (they came with the manual as an insert, which you pulled out and unfolded..)

as it is now, I printed a map for BlackShark, put it in a plastic sleeve, and can uise a grees pencil. But, it is very small, not much detail, and there is no scaling..

thanx..

the new map project sounds very nice.. :joystick:

btw, laminating a map yourself is cheap and easy...

but once it's laminated, there is no going back..

there are matt and clear lamination..

many choices..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Option #3 for me, 1:500,000 flat, not laminated. At list one copy. Now how big would this map be in centimeters?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

#3 here to, though it would be nice to have guidelines whit it as well on how

to laminate and fold it if you wanted to.

would also like to know what the size of the unfolded map will be in centimeters.

***edit*** maybe you can also make it available as a bundle whit the printed BS and FC2.0 manuals?

might pull some extra sails from people that where going to buy the manuals anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Would it not be possible to get a half mil flat laminated version?

A non-laminated chart would be silly and easy to wear out. While you're at it you might as well get the ED/TFC/DCS branded protractors, chino graph pencils, permanent markers and 'whizz wheels'.

If laminated charts are the ones produced then anyone using it may want this useful tidbit: Use a permanent marker to draw your lines and then you can remove any lines with some aftershave/cologne and a tissue. Or use your wife's perfume, whatever is cheaper. Deodorant sprays work well too. Nail varnish remover works most of the time but doesn't smell as good.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.