NARROW SCREEN, Cant get full screen back no matter what I do, Please Help a noobie.

ab52h

Please Help a Noobie, here is the message I sent to support, and hopefully someone here would like to help me out also:

Hi,

Please help. While I am new to this simulator, and after downloading the Nevada Terrain, along with F-15 RF campaign, and A-10 Campaign, etc. I had problems with game freezing at end when crashing an aircraft, but HERE IS MY REAL PROBLEM NOW:

After trying different view settings, I clicked on a view/ resolution which I think was mfd, mffd, mddf ? and now the screen looks like the attached pics. and I cant get the original view back like full screen.

I tried just about everything, uninstall with everything including registry settings, deleting all browser history, cache, cookies, everything and I still get the same screen when starting. I cant change the RES/ view, because the screen is so narrow. I cant do restore (restore points were deleted somehow by another program? or windows) I have already spent about $100 on this simulation and love it, do want to give it up so Please help, how do I get the original setting back, like my first install.

By the way, I am using WIN 7-64, 4.00ghz quad core intel, 16GB MEM, GTX980 4GB VRAM.

thanks for your time for this great program,

Tom in Ca.

20160308_161354.thumb.jpg.1121d843fbc08b7c2d1237608a65b93a.jpg

20160308_161321.thumb.jpg.06f88a209036c139e73fadba1ae460ab.jpg

I don't have the sim in front of me for reference but if you delete the config folder under Saved Games\DCS\, it should fix your problem.

There is a file in the config folder that is really the one you are after but I don't recall the file name at the moment.

Welcome to the forum, btw. :)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, my friend, you are 100% right. What was wrong with me, never ever did that cross my mind. And I built this PC, LOL!!! Im an idiot for sure on this one.

Now I hope I can get all my Modules back and the campaigns, along with terrain I have already purchased. I hope so, I have all the serial numbers.

Thanks so much for the help, I will be the first to admit I am an idiot , at least with this Sim, lol. (and others)

Nothing you have installed has been lost. All you deleted are any settings and joystick/controller configs.

You are quite welcome. Glad I could help.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: