Su 34 Module

FalcoGer

Yeah, I'd absolutely love the Su-34, or any modern Russian aircraft for that matter, but we can't legally get the info to make a full-fidelity module. I don't know about FC3 level, and I'd be happy with even just that, but ED doesn't like to do that any more. I don't even really know why exactly it is we can't get these things, but we can't, and we'll just have to live with that.

@FM

Stuff that's exported we probably can if a 3rd party wants to do it. Stuff that is not exported, or is otherwise tightly controlled by the RF gov right now is going to be difficult since ED have a majority of their personnel based there, leaving them subject to the whims of ''national security''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Iv'e been saying that a 3rd party could likely do a ful-fi mig29, it has been widely exported, operated and evaluated by literally everyone. It certainly won't be the most modern mig29, but even a cold war era 29A/S would be welcome for redfor, and it would still be more capable than the 21/23 that we have and are in the pipe. For the same reason its much more realistic to ask for SU-17 for a strike fighter, and yup, it will be an older one for the same reasons. Personally I'd much rather have more up-to-date aircraft, or a Su-27/33/J-11, but I also understand why those are basically non-starters.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Echoing the earlier points, and I do share your sadness for this subject however...

There’s the Aerosmith song called Dream On, dream until it comes true, a couple years we could never have guessed we would be blessed with JF-17

1A5703C8-6F70-470A-95C8-72E291975307.thumb.jpeg.7eb4e9a1f0b387e3adad9a2eae5c3a81.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Wags seemed to disagree with you on this one

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

As razor intimated, ED being a primarily Russian company will never get its hands on, or get a green light, to develop and publish study sims based on these front line aircraft. Nor will they try to end-around by using a third party to develop a module which they would then have to integrate.

No one at ED wants to wake up dead with their throat cut.

This is not really the case now, is it?

In an interview with Wags, he said two important things:

1. Its a no-go for ED as long as their primary studio is based in Russia; however he did say IF they opened another studio in another country, then that would be possible.

2. Their limitation does not impact 3rd parties if there was one that wanted to deliver it.

I agree, however, that Su-34 would be a no go for foreseeable future.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

@Trev

I doubt the Ka-50 is fictitious, since Kamov was involved in originally. As shitty as international relations are NOW, they weren't so bad 10-15 years ago, and in the aftermath of the Cold War were actually quite docile... that and the Russians would sell anything to anybody with a buck back in the 90s. Not that they're much better now, but they somewhat have a stick up their bum that tempers it.

I remember the first time I visited the Uralvagonzavod site and there were like ''Chat to a representative live'' pop ups while browsing T-72s. ''This is what the chic warlord of fall 2010 uses to crush peasants, it really brings out your golden Ak''

I'm quite convinced if you could pay cash, they'd help you sort out the legalities of privately owning a T-72.

Edited by zhukov032186

Invalid

@ USMC_Trev

You seen to contradict ED Executive Producer, as such I am not going into opinions clash with you on this subject.

However, applied logic as for the 3rd party is not valid as it is not ED who is integrator. From software development perspective, ED delivers platform and 3rd party integrates its products.

Slowly but surely we will get there as many countries are phasing out their fleets of MiG-29s not to mention other export types. If a third party is able to deliver -19, -21, -23, one day, one will deliver -29, or a Sukhoi.

I respect your interest and opinion, and at the same time I hope that ED or a 3rd party will prove you wrong.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

FC3 is not decided yet

I'd also like to see the FC3 version.

Yeah, and other people would too I guess. Since it is not yet determined if FC3 modules will receive any development (outside of bug fixes I understood), we are yet to see if FC3 will be phased out as a DCS product in favour of Modern Air Combat game or if further developed or in fact expanded.

In line responses below:

Yeah but how do explain the mi24 then? Its still in service. Yes its old. But most folks are realistically asking for "old" soviet era stuff. Also Raz is doing the mig23, external developer, external mig. My personal theory is that they have an "in" with the various russian helo manufacturers, and for whatever reason, they pissed of shukoi and/or mig making it a no-go.

Moreover, no one is gonna get their hands on some "modern" mig or sukhoi because they are still basically frontline fighters "somewhere". The only reason I think the mi29 is doable is because a) its old, b) its widely exported so someone somewhere can get their hands on one.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If Deka Ironworks can do a modern 4th-gen fighter with their JF-17, a third party developer with equal talent could do an export variant of a modernized Mig-29 as well. Just saying...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I wouldn't raise hopes on a Fullback as much as I'd love to see it happen. Never understood why the RU government is so tight lipped with even older gen aircraft like the Su-24M, MiG-27 and 23MLD. As has been pointed out, the MiG-29A and probably the S has been examined and studied by pretty much every country in NATO. There is nothing hidden anymore. It's practically the same with the Su-27S.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

They can. They don’t want to do it. Any FC3 level aircraft is not a problem. Some games companies already simulate Russian aircrafts with name, weapons and everything that show they are making a Su-34. Very suspected that here they said they can’t make modern Russian full simulated aircraft and at the same time they say they will not make new FC3 level aircrafts.

So they said they can’t because Russians bla bla bla and at the same time they close the door with the only option to bring modern Russian aircrafts as FC3 level.

go to the daycare with this story...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Deka Ironworks can do a modern 4th-gen fighter with their JF-17, a third party developer with equal talent could do an export variant of a modernized Mig-29 as well. Just saying...

The issue is access. Deka has access to the JF-17 somehow for whatever bizzare set of reasons that I don't understand but will happily accept. I don't think most users of modern Su-27's or mig-29's are going to be as accommodating. The only reason I think a mig29A could be done is that the documentation to do it already exists in the "west", mainly with the german/czech/polish air forces that operated them, but no longer do. That or maybe Cuba.

The MI 24 is explained because it has been widely exported and holds no secret tech or procedures or avionics.

I do agree that a Mig 29 A is very posible in the future, since NATO has some too. Not to mention Venezuela, Perú, Iraq, India, etc...

Su 34... (Insert Russian heavy accent: its not going to happen comrade).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, snowman[FR] said:

Keep faith, in numerous trailers, su 34 are sitting there in the back, waiting.As a cameo, a glimpse of the future.

it's already in the game as an AI unit... the catch is that the devs don't have access to the actual data for the plane.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snowman[FR] said:

Keep faith, in numerous trailers, su 34 are sitting there in the back, waiting.As a cameo, a glimpse of the future.

Yeah, as above. It's a recently refurbished AI model, so one of the best looking available. That's why it's in promotional material. They're not going to showcase the 35 poly Tu-95 from the 1990s.

• Like 2