FLIM's A-10 build

Flim

Ok 3 things. Number one what is MDF? Is it like Google sketchup? Number two. Why use the thrustmaster MFD's? Just use Helios for that. By using those your throwinng off your scale, your adding more wires, and spending more money. Third where did you get that seat? Thanks.

The entire pit is mdf, including seat. You can see the seat in my UMC pics.

The above pics are renders, not the real thing, and who knows when I might build it.... I do have The UMC and Helios and they are working really well.

Physical Seat

acesA-10-1.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Edited by Flim

Answer for #1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard

Not my favorit building material but it has a nice finish and paints well.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Thanks Deadman. You answered my question. What did you use to render that 3d mockup Flim?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice setup so far Flim :thumbup:

Should the front panel/bezels ever come to fruition, is it something you guys would consider selling via SCS? Would be a neat thing to buy (I have a child on the way so my pit building days are numbered! ;) ) along with one of your seats and maybe even a UMC!

Ya, I will prob offer a DIY kit for the A-10 and f-16 for a reasonable cost. I'm trying to make the pit compact as possible for space, but keep the original size consoles and front panel. I still need to draw up the panels, but If someone has files... I could trade for a full set of laser engraved panels and alum backplates.

Edited by Flim

Here is a different way I might go... I have been going back and forth on using my UMC frame as a base for the A-10 physical setup. I will make the front and side consoles and attach them to the frame. This will make each console easy to work on because they will unbolt from the main frame.

Concept

A_10f.png

Okay, I decided to build the structure today... the structure consist of .25 and half inch mdf all cnc'd. I built panels that come off which will make it easy to work on and wire up electronics.

IMG_0326.jpg

I plan on using 2- 8 inch lcd's and 1- 5 incher for the RWR. The rest will be functional gauges via steppers and servo's. Later this week I will build and engrave the panels... then it is engine gauge building time. I will need to make a servo mount for 12 servos... FUN!

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Edited by Flim

Are we being modest FLIM? lol Great work and ability..always amazes me what pit builders can do, myself, well I rely on your offerings.. i am happy with that, for now.....lol always room for more.....Cheers , Jim

by the way, nice kitchen counters too, lmao!!!Your Wife must really love you...My pit is in the Garage, lol

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Well, thanks...

I have been doing this a while, my problem is I like to have it now!

Yes, Don't we all want it now, can I just have the A-10 in my yard..I promise to be quite???:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

hey FLIM, what ya want for such a CNC build kit for DIY assembling?) looking really good! interested in havin one for myself..!)

cheers on your steps forward..

SCUD

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couple of pics of a VSI gauge... Gadroc and I had some cheap steppers with large steps, but we have some better ones on the way.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Also, here is a video of flying our real cub around... if your interested seeing some low flying!

Edited by Flim