Alerax's LSO AI Script

Alerax, thanks for deciding to share this mod with the community. Also for the time and effort invested into developing it.

I could not recommend this highly enough to anyone flying carrier traps, awesome job!

I would also like to thank Highway, who I saw put more hours than he will admit, into testing this.

+1, Without Highway and you guys (VFMA 42), we definitely won't be where we are!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, that explains it.

Can the script support more than one carrier?

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Hi boNes-

The right location to put the script is in the mission file itself (see installation instruction). The easiest way to do this is 1) open your mission in the Mission Editor, 2) use the trigger panel, add a trigger (at mission start), 3) use the action (3rd column) "Do Script File", and select the "Alerax_LSO_Script_Release_v2.2.lua" script. Don't forget to load the sound files.

Alerax,

Thanks, I understood that but what I meant is when you select "Do a script file" it then asks you to browse to the file. I didn't know where I was supposed to browse to it, hence when I asked where the right place to put it in is so that I can browse to it.

What I've been doing in the meantime--and I don't know if this is correct or if I will break something--is to copy the script file to the "...\DCSWorld\Scripts folder. Then when I select "Do a script file" and it has me browse to the script file, I browse to there. Seems to work for now.

Or should I be doing something else?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Alerax,

Thanks, I understood that but what I meant is when you select "Do a script file" it then asks you to browse to the file. I didn't know where I was supposed to browse to it, hence when I asked where the right place to put it in is so that I can browse to it.

What I've been doing in the meantime--and I don't know if this is correct or if I will break something--is to copy the script file to the "...\DCSWorld\Scripts folder. Then when I select "Do a script file" and it has me browse to the script file, I browse to there. Seems to work for now.

Or should I be doing something else?

v6,

boNes

Ah- I misunderstood your question. Thanks for clarifying. Actually, you can save the file to any location you want. Once you use the trigger to "Do Script File" the script file itself actually gets saved into the mission (.miz) file and gets referenced from there instead. So technically, once you put "load" the LSO Script file in the Do Script File trigger and save your mission, you can delete the LSO Script file itself.

-Alerax

Personally, I keep mine in my Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Scripts folder which Keeps them nicely organized and separates them from any critical DCS files.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah- I misunderstood your question. Thanks for clarifying. Actually, you can save the file to any location you want. Once you use the trigger to "Do Script File" the script file itself actually gets saved into the mission (.miz) file and gets referenced from there instead. So technically, once you put "load" the LSO Script file in the Do Script File trigger and save your mission, you can delete the LSO Script file itself.

-Alerax

Keen!

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

How does this script deal with multiple groups (i.e., more than 4 aircraft in total)? I had two separate groups of Hornets, one airstart and one start on the CV catapults, and the CV catapults group could not get the LSO options on the radio menu.

In a multiplayer environment, you will see all of the aircraft in your group as F5-F8 and you will be F5 for dash 1, F6 for dash 2 and so on. If you're on your own in the group, you will only see F5 for your own aircraft (as will each other aircraft).

The script itself doesn't care if you're on your own or in a flight of 4, your requests are responded to independently.

For example, our server runs 8 slots, all of them are individual Hornets in their own groups. We're still able to check in as a section because the script is 'looking' for another aircraft within 200 feet of the requester to check you in as a pair, it doesn't care if that aircraft is part of the same group as you or not.

The reason the aircraft on the Cats couldn’t see it is because the script only recognises Airborne F/A-18C’s. Once they take off, the menus will appear.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are having like the same problem:

For some clients the F-10 menu does not show up at all.

All aircraft spawn cold (or hot, no difference) on the carrier deck.

All aircraft get airborne.

Some client aircraft are getting the F-10 menues, some not.

That issue does not only apply for this script, but for Wrenchs Carrier Script as well.

Any ideas?

@Alerax: Anything the script author can do about it?

It looks like for some clients that they just do not get any information to add the menu from the server. is there anything specific regarding adding menus in a MP-mission? It works fine for the server at any time and at least one client is getting the menu.

Btw. - when I fly holding hands with an aircraft who does not get the F-10 menu, I can check us in as 1 flight and he gets his individual callouts thereafter. But due to mentioned reason he can't check-in by himself - he does not have the menu.

Edit:

Found this, which sounds very similiar:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179057&page=1

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Painter, saw that as well. For time to time, only server gets the radio menu. For me, that's not related to LSO script, as I've got some other radio menu coming with a time more than few seconds, that're not showing up.

I need to test more.

We are having like the same problem:

For some clients the F-10 menu does not show up at all.

All aircraft spawn cold (or hot, no difference) on the carrier deck.

All aircraft get airborne.

Some client aircraft are getting the F-10 menues, some not.

That issue does not only apply for this script, but for Wrenchs Carrier Script as well.

Any ideas?

@Alerax: Anything the script author can do about it?

It looks like for some clients that they just do not get any information to add the menu from the server. is there anything specific regarding adding menus in a MP-mission? It works fine for the server at any time and at least one client is getting the menu.

Btw. - when I fly holding hands with an aircraft who does not get the F-10 menu, I can check us in as 1 flight and he gets his individual callouts thereafter. But due to mentioned reason he can't check-in by himself - he does not have the menu.

Edit:

Found this, which sounds very similiar:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179057&page=1

Hi Painter-

It sounds like there is some timing issue when a player loads into the game and when the menu is created. Can you try having the person without the F10 menu fly away from the Carrier pass 45NM mile then turn back in to see if the menu is recreated?

-Alerax

no change, did not work as well

Tried to load the script at mission start instead after a certain amount of time - no change as well.

Are the pilots experiencing the menu issues using Viacom?

I’ve noticed that my menus won’t appear until I’ve pressed one of the radio buttons recognised by Viacom, then they’re all good.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vaicom is a plugin for Voice attack that allows you to talk to DCS in simple terms, see here.

I use this and find that I cannot bring up any menus at all in DCS until I have pressed one of the configured radio inputs for the Vaicom / Voice Attack profile. Once I've pressed one of these buttons, even for a second, the radio menus can then be accessed for the rest of the session.

If as you say the pilots cannot bring up any menus, it's not a problem with this script, more of the DCS API interface itself that is causing the issue as mentioned in your linked post.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a suggestion (or is it already there?)

My buddy and I were flying and he trapped. For some reason he couldn't unhook from the wire so he was still on deck when I turned into the groove. The LSO never called foul deck waveoff...

Is there any way that can be added? That would be cool.

Thanks and great job.

v6,

boNes

Also, when your grade refers to at the start, in the middle, at the ramp, these are all position whilst in the groove, correct? If not, where?

v6,

boNes

9RTyWDx.png

Any idea what the diamonds with question marks are? I'm guessing I'm missing a font or something?

Yeah, right. You're just showing off your great trap!

Haha

v6,

boNes