sooo

Kev2go

so leatherneck split.

heatblur - Viggen and F14 tomcat

And Magnitude hold on to mig21bis ownership ?

SO what projects will this team hold on to, or work on in the absense of the other stuff? the Corsair and Pacific theatre of war?

any plans for jet modules? or just ww2 stuff fpr the time being?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Corsair and Pacific Theater is with MAGNITUDE 3 LLC

The pacific theatre is dead in the water according to Magnitude 3's Q&A. They're doing the Corsair, having been given the license by ED as part of the split, but they have no immediate plans for the Iwo Jima map.

So, don't hold your breathe for that aspect of things.

Normandy will be a decent theater for the F4U. The FAA operated several Corsairs squadrons from home fleet carriers in summer 1944. Thus unlike the Bf-109K or Fw190D9, Corsairs could actually have appeared above Normandy if required.

But I sill hope to see the Pacific Theater sometime in the not to distant future. The F4U was first hinted in the January 1 2015 new update. Back then they hoped to release the Corsair and map in late 2015, also when it appeared in the steam database. From the WIP snippets posted over the years it looks like substantial work on supporting assets was already done in the last few years.

Maybe some fake water map with two small islands and airfields on each one is a more realistic mid term perspective than modeling an entire armada of USN ships needed for Iwo Jima or any realistic scenario. Just like the first Pacific map for old Il-2 which was released in winter 2003.

Man I hope the Iwo is not the map that would be coming out for the Pacific lol...how tiny is that place?? I was hoping for Okinawa or Philippines, somewhere you can "spread you wings" a little, so to speak.

Since the Iwo Jima map is no longer being worked on, you don't have to worry.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Iwo wasnt a bad idea, it was a test for Okinawa which was supposed to follow. While island itself is might seem small, it is not all that tiny. There were two large airfields and third under construction, plus plenty of AA defense and other objects to strike.

F5GSve.jpg

Would make a nice bundle coming with Corsair, even though in June-July 1944 strikes none participated and all were carried by Hellcats. Maybe if Corsair will sell well we could get it back on track. For now I'd focus on getting that Corsair and another module after it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hey guys,

apart from what's being said in previous posts, let me say that we have our surprises.

Apart from the Corsair and MiG bugs, I can't tell you what we are working on at the moment. Maybe it's best not to think about it too much, since we can't announce anything until we get the contract. If the situation was bit better, we might just had it so far.

I wish we did.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so leatherneck split.

heatblur - Viggen and F14 tomcat

And Magnitude hold on to mig21bis ownership ?

SO what projects will this team hold on to, or work on in the absense of the other stuff? the Corsair and Pacific theatre of war?

any plans for jet modules? or just ww2 stuff fpr the time being?

"sooo"... was it really worth to clutter just freshly created forum sub-section with a thread related to questions that has been clearly already answered before?

For someone who is as active the forums as you are Kev, I've no idea how you've missed Dolphin's post from the LN Organisational Changes thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3076813&postcount=76

+1.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

The pacific theatre is dead in the water according to Magnitude 3's Q&A. They're doing the Corsair, having been given the license by ED as part of the split, but they have no immediate plans for the Iwo Jima map.

So, don't hold your breathe for that aspect of things.

It's perhaps the saddest news about all of this. But considering the amount of time required to create a theater ecosystem, and difficulties to polish the last long running MiG-21 issues, it sounds more reasonable that way.

I remember that it was announced some time ago that the F-14 development would bring stuff probably related to module programming and modeling, and both future and past released modules would be enhanced by these. Since the team split, how the M3 team is impacted with this potential loss of effectiveness ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I remember that it was announced some time ago that the F-14 development would bring stuff probably related to module programming and modeling, and both future and past released modules would be enhanced by these. Since the team split, how the M3 team is impacted with this potential loss of effectiveness ?

There are no loses in M3. We are in the loop for long time, we learned a lot: progress is faster then before, thus effectiveness is actually increased.

We could use few contracted people to help us with certain things, but before we start looking for them, we have to do other things.

No worries, all is fine.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries, all is fine.

OK, I hope everything will go smoothly. Remember, you're responsible of my favorite module ;)

any plan after f4u?

Please man :doh: the answer is in this topic…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

"sooo"... was it really worth to clutter just freshly created forum sub-section with a thread related to questions that has been clearly already answered before?

+1.

yes, although there was no disclaimer or notifcation here within this subsection. I learnt through Cobra's announcement on the "heatblur section"

For someone who is as active the forums as you are Kev, I've no idea how you've missed Dolphin's post from the LN Organisational Changes thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3076813&postcount=76

your words not mine, IM not as active as you think.

Frankly, for me i never noticed until the day the LN section was gone, and i noticed 2 new developers, and i learnt though Heatblur, because they actually kept the announcement.

Anyways the Devs have already clarified things here.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD