THE MOTION PICTURE THREAD

leafer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior

I've always enjoyed Bruce Lee, Jacky Chan, Jet Li and others. Tony Jaa's martial arts are just incredibly awesome!

This peek at some of his training shouldn't spoil the fun too much. Just be aware that the movie is pretty brutal and nowhere near as funny as Chan's movies tend to be.

I didn't enjoy Ong-Bak 2 as much as the first one, though, and haven't yet watched Ong-Bak 3.

In any case, the upcoming movie Skin Trade starring Dolph Lundgren and Tony Jaa looks promising.

Edited by Yurgon
Replaced Skin Trade trailer; old one disappeared from YT

Gravity

When I watched it in cinema, I knew nothing about the movie beforehand. And I think that's the most enjoyable way to watch this movie.

I think the trailer gives too much away already, but if you want to take a look, here it is:

In any case, be aware that it starts in Earth's orbit, so if you're afraid of heights this might not be for you.

Gravity in the Internet Movie Database

Chronicle (surprisingly good)

i-M5Qx57_UU

I'm a sci-fi guy who couldn't get into any of the Star Trek films until Abrams directed it. That trailer you posted already has more suspense than the Lucas' three. I'm gonna watch VII at theater alone and be a kid again. :)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Good one Leafer !!

Let me share this one which I found was good until some point...

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Pandorum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEhkTxs3_E

How the heck did you guys put the video in there?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'm a sci-fi guy who couldn't get into any of the Star Trek films until Abrams directed it. That trailer you posted already has more suspense than the Lucas' three. I'm gonna watch VII at theater alone and be a kid again. :)

I'm fairly certain that you mean Star Wars. Sci-fi guy...:doh:

:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, I meant Star Trek. :P I was responding to Call911's post where he hoped disney doesn't ruin Star Wars. I was just saying Abrams made Star Trek quite entertaining for me so I trust he'll do the same with episode VII. :P

:D

Yes, Pandorum was awesome!

Did someone say Star Trek? Of course it used to be some of the best SciFi until JJ ruined it! :D

This is by far my favorite of all Star Trek movies:

I just knew there were some Trekies in here :D

Yeah kinda hard to stomach Star Wars not being done by Lucas. guess i just can't imagine it bein done by anyone else beings i grew up with em(original like 1977 or so) man i'm gettin old.

@Sabre now theres ome classics in there. i just the other day watched In Harms Way on netflix

Edited by Call911

nooo Yurgon... JJ Abrams did the series a huge favour by rebooting it, (it had nowhere to go and was stale) and he did a brilliant job doing it

but, for the fond of heart...

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

nooo Yurgon... JJ Abrams did the series a huge favour by rebooting it, (it had nowhere to go and was stale) and he did a brilliant job doing it

but, for the fond of heart...

Too bad this isn't the place for a heated discussion about JJ's abuse of what Star Trek used to be (although I admit that "Into Darkness" had some very strong character moments and both movies feature exceptional actors). :D

In any case, I think that fan film is so much more true to the heart of Star Trek than JJ's reboot has ever been, that would have been the way to go. I hadn't previously watched this, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

(On a side note, I'm not a fan of Voyager; I think Garret Wang's performance in "Of Gods and Men" easily surpassed anything he did in those seven years; damn B&B for taking the joy out of such great actors).

Hi,

I've just watched this movie and enjoyed it a lot.

So, I just wanted to bring your attention to it and share it with you, hoping you will like it too.

Cheers

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. This is a fabulous surprise. If you like action movie then this is goooood. The plot is paper thin but it everything from dialog, pacing and action just felt right on. Especially the action.

John Wick (Keanu Reeves)

2AUmvWm5ZDQ

Also, saw Keanu Reeves in LA once, really nice guy.

Sounds good, leafer! Just the other day I'd been wondering if Keanu Reeves was still in business. :)

So, 47 posts on a flight sim forum and we haven't yet mentioned Flight? I'm proud of you guys!

So let me be the one to say that the movie is utterly boring. It has little to do with flying, and that little bit is exaggerated. If you're into movies about alcoholics and drug addicts, this one is for you. Just don't watch it expecting to see something interesting about aviation.

Or just don't waste more than two hours of your life, the trailer nicely condenses the movie:

Or just don't waste more than two hours of your life, the trailer nicely condenses the movie:

Where were you two years ago?! :cry:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Where were you two years ago?! :cry:

a) not in cinema (at least not for this one)

b) in Germany, where there wasn't any Netflix back then

And it still requires a bit of fidgeting around to be able to watch it on Netflix now that we have it. That's why I thought I'd finally watch this (apparently) interestingly themed movie. Well, shoulda watched House of Cards instead. Which, BTW, is what I'm going to do right now. See you guys in 2 hours after I finish the season 3 finale. :D

Edit: Finished. Woah. Awesome show!

Edited by Yurgon