F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll  

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More RUS/EU/UK dtuff is in order me thinks..

But if a F-4 does show up I wouldn't pause for a second...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Want it, but voted no on account of immature poll options.

:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Slagging of modules that don't fit your taste as "lame trainers" and "far flung" isn't just immature, it's out right insulting towards the devs who've put a lot of effort into them.

You wanna hop over to the VEAO sub forum and tell them more to their face that you don't want their "lame trainer"? And then onto BST and/or ED to tell them you don't want their Huey and/or P-51D because it's "far flung" and without "historical opposition"?

It's one thing to write semi serious poll options, but you're just slagging off the people who put a lot of very hard work on giving us more modules and keeping DCS alive. Major attitude problem.

• Like 2

would be a great complement for the 'Nam scenario!

Honestly, I'll buy most anything in this DSCW mix! (I own them all at this point, and heck, I'll buy all the others!) :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

F-4E Please...

The concept of being gun-less is the same reason I don't fly FSX.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Pretty sure that more than one dev team or maybe even ED have already conisdered the F-4 as a viable future option after the MiG-21 was announced. We´ll have to see how soon 2 seaters can be implemented and even then such a module would take some time to be finished. I think it´s more a question of "when".

heck, I'll buy all the others!

A most sensible attitude. :)

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Voted Yes, F-4E please

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

I love the way it looks like it's just not built quite right, like the wings were an afterthought and they couldn't quite work out where the CG was.

It's a good looking aircraft and probably a lot of fun to use.

However I think Leatherneck should do whatever they feel qualified to do the most.

Yes, voicing my disagreement with something is immature...that makes loads of sense. I have a right to disagree with, and voice my disagreement with the choice of modules the "devs" have put out. Or are you of the opinion that their work is sacrosanct? Why would I balk at telling the devs that I think their trainer is stupid? I think it is a stupid choice of aircraft to make. This is a business. I am a customer. I would naturally prefer that they companies at large make something I enjoy. While I admire all of the DCS modules for their level of fidelity, I think that trainers are boring. I never said the devs who made these modules are untalented...alas, I cannot make such things myself. I OWN P-51, and will be buying Mig-21 and Eurofighter. Doesn't mean I don't feel or shouldn't voice my displeasure about modules I don't like. It is because I DO like planes like the Mig-21 that I feel it needs its most important historical foe as a module. I'm not slagging off anyone. So far as your concerned, I should get on my knees before the Dev Gods and beg their almighty forgiveness for disagreeing with their plane choice.... Yeah, they put alot of hard work into their modules....so they could make money. Passion is no doubt involved, but since when can someone not criticize a consumer product? If I say I don't like the corvette you gonna get on me for insulting the engineers who "put hard work" into it? Gimme a ****ing break.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Lets' go ahead and tone it down a notch gents. :)

We're all passionate simmers here, no need to foster resentment among each other.

Keep it respectful!

From the LS perspective:

We love the F-4E. Really, who doesn't?

However, I think it goes without any saying how difficult building an aircraft such as the F-4 really is.

Not only is it an incredibly complex aircraft, but just the additional gameplay considerations that have to be accounted for as well: like building an AI RIO for you when you're flying Solo.

Right now we have already partially transitioned into our next project.

Some of you will be pleased, some of you will be very disappointed and some of you will, without a doubt, want our heads on a pike.

In many ways, creation of FS aircraft is comparable to art.

If we were driven by market demand alone, the F-4 would probably be at the top of our list.

However, it is important for us to follow our passion, vision and if we are to invest thousands upon thousands of man hours into building DCS aircraft, we need to do something we genuinely care about.

It is the only way to ensure that everyone really wins.

The future has never been as bright for DCS or Flight Simulation in general as it is right now.

I'm excited, and you should be too.

We're here to stay, hope you will stick with us. :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Right now we have already partially transitioned into our next project.

Some of you will be pleased, some of you will be very disappointed and some of you will, without a doubt, want our heads on a pike.

Tell me more..... :D

I am looking forward to seeing what is next in line. I love the Mig 21 and the way it looks...can't wait to fly it. I am REALLY interested in knowing what's next on the list. About when will we find that information out? Just curious. Good luck guys!

Well said Nicholas ! Most of us have passion for DCS, and i would truly love a F-4E, hopefully one day we might get one.......there lots more coming as well, keep it up.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE