VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

ATTN: KEGETYS

ATTN: KEGETYS.

THANK YOU!!!! This mod is THE ONLY reason I can fly.

I got angry when 2.5.4 was released and broke your mod, rendering VR inoperable, AGAIN!

Constant Oculus compositor failures and CTD's even on low Graphics settings. AGAIN!

I did the Nvidia driver/ Metashader dance that we have all been through a million times,without success.

I came here and got the updated 2.5.4 version 3 days after the update. Now I can fly again.

Your work is invaluable to myself and many others.

Thank for this mod - FPS significantly improved in my Oculus. Is there any way how to enjoy it online? Aka servers are asking "pure client" :-(

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Today I updated dcs and re-installed (extracted) Kegetys shaders mod. Now when starting dcs I get this message:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10406

I don't know if this is related to the shaders mod, but as it is the only mod I'm using, I kinda assume it is. Does anyone recognize this and know what I can do about it?

I allready deleted the content in the fxo and metashaders2 folder but it didn't help.

Unfortunately I didn't backup the bazar\shaders folder. Anyone have any advise what I could try before having to reinstall everything?

Edit:

I do however have a "shaders" folder backup from an earlier dcs version. Would it help to copy this back over my current shaders folder, or would that cause even more harm?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If you installed DCS with Windows Start menu items, simply run a "Repair DCS World", it will reset to default version by downloading and replacing only the files detected as edited.

Do you maybe have any idea where I can find this repair option for the Steam version?

I can only find it for the stand alone version

Edit:

Found it... had to do a "Verify integrity of game cache" in Steam... sure hope it'll help though

Edit2:

Everything up and running again! I'm a happy person now :D

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Does the latest version pass integrity check?

i like to know this too, since i like to play on popular multiplayer servers!

also, since the last update was to have better VR performance, does the mod increase the performance on top of the improved update, for even more performance?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i like to know this too, since i like to play on popular multiplayer servers!

also, since the last update was to have better VR performance, does the mod increase the performance on top of the improved update, for even more performance?

There is a lot of confusion over the ED statement a week or so ago. There was never any date stated when the VR optimisation was going to occur. Nothing happened in the last update at all re VR as confirmed by NineLine in another thread.

We just need to be patient!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

thisssssss

Remove this files from the mod before applying it to the game and it passes IC:

bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl

bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl

bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Thanks but does it work without these files ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

There is a lot of confusion over the ED statement a week or so ago. There was never any date stated when the VR optimisation was going to occur. Nothing happened in the last update at all re VR as confirmed by NineLine in another thread.

We just need to be patient!

Just go with 6 months and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 2 weeks later...
I try the mod but for me there is quite a significant drop in visual quality. Some lighting & textures look very odd.

Yes, and one of the most recent I’ve noticed is that it causes the loss of ‘shallows’ in the PG and Normandy maps.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I try the mod but for me there is quite a significant drop in visual quality. Some lighting & textures look very odd.

Yeah, I noticed that on the Caucus Map the grass turns brownish/black while I taxi around airbases. It's like a circle around my plane.

Edited by EDawg109

Does anyone happen to know which shaders are responsible for the “shallow” detail under the water? I would like to run the mod while still keeping that underwater detail intact. Thanks

Edit: It was the ResolveDepth.fx

Edited by bigalsunit

Does anyone happen to know which shaders are responsible for the “shallow” detail under the water? I would like to run the mod while still keeping that underwater detail intact. Thanks

Edit: It was the ResolveDepth.fx

Hmm.. doesn't work for me. Replacing that file and re-compiling doesn't change anything. Still missing the 'shallows'.

I don't think the shallows exist on the caucasus map right now?

Correct. Most obvious in Normandy and Persian Gulf.