A very tiny, but very important Feature has to be added

K4nnix

I see little value in it. For the majority who fly in SP, it's irrelevant. It may be fun for the MP crowd, but I question the realism.

IRL, I don't think helmet customization is that common. I'm sure it may be in us navy, and I have a bunch to a lesser extent us air force and even less so in US army aviation....I keep saying us because I don't seem to remember seeing gaudy customized paint jobs on the helmets of rank&file pilots of other nations' flying branches

While it may be fun for some, I don't think it brings much to the table & I certainly wouldn't regard it as a "very important feature", but to each their own

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

IRL, I don't think helmet customization is that common. I'm sure it may be in us navy, and I have a bunch to a lesser extent us air force and even less so in US army aviation....I keep saying us because I don't seem to remember seeing gaudy customized paint jobs on the helmets of rank&file pilots of other nations' flying branches

In my country it's very common.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

If you want to get in that kind of vein, I would prefer something like personal nose-art that can be used with applicable planes. That would probably be easier to implement as well, as it could work in a manner akin to bord numbers, whereas a helmet would need to scale to a variety of pilot models.

In the U.K. it used to be quite common, until it was realised that a well camouflaged aircraft at low level is useless if the crew have highly visible domes.

The noseart shout is a good one though.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hey,

We need own Helmets on our Pilots !

Thinking about a customizeable PNG,JPG File that is linked to each Pilot/Account..

What do you think..

Useless stuff no one really needs. I hope ED is not wasting ressources on that and instead works on actual game mechanics.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's possible already with skins. It's not easy to do currently, and the ability for others to see it requires skin file sharing in advance.

Making an easy automated functionality for this is a tricky proposition. These customizations would have to be shared on pilot entry to a server, potentially causing lag, corruption, cheats, and other issues.

Then there's the issue of inappropriate content.

Skins01.thumb.jpg.13b71f09836cf54e462aad2df3f6610f.jpg

Edited by Paganus

Barbie Larpers? That's a new one to me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE