Saitek pro flight regular vs combat pedals?

Any worthwhile difference between Saitek pro flight and pro flight combat rudder pedals? Worth the extra $100 or just paying for the combat moniker? Thanks for the input.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I bought both and returned the combat pedals. While it looks better, the toe brakes were way too sensitive causing jitters even when barely touching them. It's possible I got a lemon but I think the regular pedal is better built.

You can order both from Amazon and try them out then return the one you don't like.

Edited by <((((><

Thanks for your help, I'm using g940 pedals but they glitch too much. Takoffs are an adventure with them and they have sent me into a bunch of spins without my input. I need something reliable for trying to tanker refuel.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I'm using the combat pedals and are very happy with them. I can see where <((((>< is coming from, but for me it was just getting used to.

Combat pedals here too. I guess the brakes are touchy but then these are the only pedals I have used. As for differences between the two, I just decided once I had the Warthog on the desk, it had to be the combat pedals on the floor!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have the combat pedals, and the toe brakes do take a bit of getting used to. As a backup, I have mapped wheel brakes to one of my gaming mouse buttons, so that is my "back up" braking system in case I get lazy.

W7Ux64|i7 980X @ 4.14GHz|12GB RAM|EVGA Classified Mobo|2 EVGA OC'd GTX 580's in SLI|Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600|Assorted HDD's @ 7.2 & 10K (no SSD)|TM HOTAS Warthog|Saitek Combat Pro Rudders|TrackIr 5|Logitech G-13|Logitech G510|Logitech G700

Combat rudders here. I have not used the other ones that you speak of so I can't comment on them but the combat rudders are spot on when configured correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

• 5 years later...

Both saitek pro flight and saitek combat pedals are fairly sub par imo. They feel like toys to me. I was able to get reasonable accuracy out of them for general flying, and taxiing, but aiming the GAU-8 on the A-10, or for helicopters they is frustrating to use. I feel like I'm fighting the controls.

They are better than not having pedals, but if you are able to afford/justify something more expensive then it's definitely worth it for something like VBK etc

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I recently switched from CH pedals to the MFG Crosswind pedals.

I also switched from my other CH products stuff to the a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog setup.

Wouw what A difference incredible it seems like a compleet new simulator.

A good HOTAS Joystick and Throttle are very important but good pedals also make a huge difference.

Find a good MFG Crosswind pedals review here:

You can buy the MFG Crosswind pedals here:

http://mfg.simundza.com/products

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Well I already have the Saitek Combat Pedals and they are fine for me. They are not a top quality product but they also didn't cost me as much as the premium pedals cost nowadays.

I've had my Saitek Combat pedals since 2011. I bought them when they were $180 U.S. dollars. They've always worked perfectly compared to my old Thrustmaster ones which kept breaking springs, and my Saitek Pro's which would often come off the track if pushed to end of their travel.

You have to understand these are not $360 Crosswinds, they are medium priced pedals made of plastic and aluminum. Mine work as good now as they did when they were new 6 years ago, no problems. The toe brakes are a bit sensitive and the springs for the toe brakes are too light. Other than that I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately they are nearly impossible to find new, and the price is too high when you do. Logitec/Saitek will no longer repair them if you have a failure, so you'll have to tear them apart yourself. Found this out when a friends Combat pedals failed after years of hard use.

And be careful who you listen to about reviewing Saitek products. Listen to owners and previous owners only. Often comments come from those who don't even own Saitek but just want to jump on the bashing train for some of their known issues. I'd buy another pair if the price was right, but I don't see that happening. I don't know how long my 6 year old pedals will continue to work so I'm putting some cash away here and there for Crosswinds. :thumbup:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Anybody still using these in 2017.

To simplify, after Logitech bough Saitek time ago, Combat pedal was discontinued, keeping only the PRO model.

https://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/flight-simulation

If you find a used Combat in good condition * for fair price no reason to don't "use in 2017". :thumbup:

* The Achilles Heel of Saitek's is the low cost potentiomter in all axes - pot is limited life span devices, virtually impossible to buy replacements (games controller use "joystick potentiometer" and not conventional 270/360 degrees pontentiometers).

BTW - In between Slaw Viper and Saitek Combat prices you can bough Baur BRD F-3 pedal with Su-35 like footrest that looks "combat".

Edited by Sokol1_br

Well I already have the Saitek Combat Pedals and they are fine for me. They are not a top quality product but they also didn't cost me as much as the premium pedals cost nowadays.

I've had my Saitek Combat pedals since 2011. I bought them when they were $180 U.S. dollars. They've always worked perfectly compared to my old Thrustmaster ones which kept breaking springs, and my Saitek Pro's which would often come off the track if pushed to end of their travel.

You have to understand these are not $360 Crosswinds, they are medium priced pedals made of plastic and aluminum. Mine work as good now as they did when they were new 6 years ago, no problems. The toe brakes are a bit sensitive and the springs for the toe brakes are too light. Other than that I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately they are nearly impossible to find new, and the price is too high when you do. Logitec/Saitek will no longer repair them if you have a failure, so you'll have to tear them apart yourself. Found this out when a friends Combat pedals failed after years of hard use.

And be careful who you listen to about reviewing Saitek products. Listen to owners and previous owners only. Often comments come from those who don't even own Saitek but just want to jump on the bashing train for some of their known issues. I'd buy another pair if the price was right, but I don't see that happening. I don't know how long my 6 year old pedals will continue to work so I'm putting some cash away here and there for Crosswinds. :thumbup:

Sorry but I have also owned a Saitek pedel set and several other Saitek flight gear stuff when I was still flying FSX.

Compared to the CH product stuff the Saitek is not as good.

As for the pedals if you have the money go for the MFG Crosswinds!

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Compared to the CH product stuff the Saitek is not as good.

As for the pedals if you have the money go for the MFG Crosswinds!

I owned the CH pedals for 8 years and finally replaced them 6 months ago (they only lasted that long because they spend half their life in the closet). CH pedals are complete crap. I hated them after about a year of use, as I did my CH Combatstick. They are clunky, loud, inaccurate, the toe axis only uses about 50% of physical travel making them basically on/off only, look like piss, and the software like the pedals themselves is from 1995. I dremeled them last year to remove the awful centering, but the springs are still too weak and I didn't want to go through the hassle of finding stronger ones just to have slightly less crappy pedals. I can't imagine how the Saitek ones could be worse unless they just plain don't work.

It's easy to think CH makes good products when you've never experienced an actual good product. I actually think they are a despicable company for charging what they do with no desire to improve the products. Heck they could have replaced pots with hall effect 10 years ago for almost nothing so that customers would never have to worry about lost accuracy, but they don't give a crap about customers. They are an industrial company that makes this 20 year old equipment on the side. I'm sure farm tractors have better equipment than their joystick.

Never tried the Satek pedals but I was considering them (hoping they would be better) before I decided it was stupid to replace crap with slightly better crap wasting my money, and instead bought a crosswind that I will likely never need to replace.

You have to ask yourself, "do I want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that just sort of works ok, and then replace it a few years later when it breaks or I want something better? Or should I just spend that money now and have something that I actually enjoy and works properly that I'll likely never need to replace, or at least not for the next 15 years?"

Edited by Sideslip

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Yup I was right http://www.apem.com/int/ag-series-73.html

Hall effect sensors from CH for farm tractors, but not computer joysticks.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

This was a very good and helpful comment. Thank you

I bought a second hand pair for $300NZD and I cant wait to try them. I know they aren’t the Bentley of rudder pedals but I think they are the best alternative to high end ones.

As I have just got these I need to set them up. I read something about changing the registry so they work properly, do I still need to do this in 2017, or is there a firmware update that fixes what ever the issue was. Can somebody please explain how to do this step by step for dumbies.

And why was this needed in the first place.

Thanks