X-55 radial dial as a mode switch?

Trying to figure out if this is possible or not.

I want to have one of my radial dials on my throttle to act as a mode switch for when I press a single mic ptt.

So I want it to be set up where all the way forward is one radio, center is another, and all the way back is the last. Then, when I press my ptt button, it activates the ptt for whatever radio is currently selected.

So is there a way to set up some sort of "if, then" command? Like "if rotary switch is between 0-30%, button X = key press Y"

Thanks

Trying to figure out if this is possible or not.

I want to have one of my radial dials on my throttle to act as a mode switch for when I press a single mic ptt.

So I want it to be set up where all the way forward is one radio, center is another, and all the way back is the last. Then, when I press my ptt button, it activates the ptt for whatever radio is currently selected.

So is there a way to set up some sort of "if, then" command? Like "if rotary switch is between 0-30%, button X = key press Y". Thanks

In general, I don't think so. I mean, all you can do is divide the axis into bands for triggering some key combination depending on the position. So, if a module had some radio select rotary control and a single PTT button, it would work, but if not, in general, you'd need some scripting support and the SST doesn't provide any of that, unfortunately.

At the very least, I wish they included the tempo option in the SST (for long presses) and the ability to toggle through a defined set of commands with each press.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!