C-101 update

Vibora

So did the left and right brake axis work in the past? Because currently they have no effect, other than moving the pedals in the cockpit.

I did a quick cross-check with the second throttle axis (RZ) mapped to the left brake, still no effect.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmm, if it is a caster and differential brakes (left and right) like with the Hawk you won't have any effect when using the rudder. If it is a single brake-axis where the rudder adjusts the pressure distribution to the cylinders (like in the L-39C or MiG-21) you need the rudder and the brake-axis in parallel for changing direction.

It's just a caster wheel where you use differential braking to move the nosewheel, to do that you press the toe brakes in the pedals. There's no effect when using rudder unless you have enough aerodynamic pressure in the vertical tail (vertical stabilizer plus rudder), which happens at or above around 40 kts.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

The story went off track a bit. I'm not getting any braking when I apply pressure to the rudder pedal toes. I've tried it selecting Invert, and then Slider then both together and then neither. I've tried using Saturation in both X and Y. I've created a large Dead Zone and no Dead Zone. Nothing works. I have several other DCS aircraft and they all work as advertised. It's just the C-101 that doesn't. Does anyone have this working? Or is it just me? I looked using buttons rather than axis. Those two items are not selectable for any of my controllers.

Two Rigs (CH Products Pro Rudders and TM Warthog Rudders). Any help is appreciated.

Bonz

..., but there's braking action when using toe brakes set to an axis.

Currently there seems to be none, at least not in 2.5 Openbeta. Both pedals inside the cockpit move, but testing it yesterday, there was no noticable braking effect.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The story went off track a bit. I'm not getting any braking when I apply pressure to the rudder pedal toes. I've tried it selecting Invert, and then Slider then both together and then neither. I've tried using Saturation in both X and Y. I've created a large Dead Zone and no Dead Zone. Nothing works. I have several other DCS aircraft and they all work as advertised. It's just the C-101 that doesn't. Does anyone have this working? Or is it just me? I looked using buttons rather than axis. Those two items are not selectable for any of my controllers.

Two Rigs (CH Products Pro Rudders and TM Warthog Rudders). Any help is appreciated.

Bonz

No, you are not the only one. I had the same testing the brake axis' yesterday.

Shagrat

It's just a caster wheel where you use differential braking to move the nosewheel, to do that you press the toe brakes in the pedals. There's no effect when using rudder unless you have enough aerodynamic pressure in the vertical tail (vertical stabilizer plus rudder), which happens at or above around 40 kts.

Yep. Like in the Hawk.

Shagrat

Currently there seems to be none, at least not in 2.5 Openbeta. Both pedals inside the cockpit move, but testing it yesterday, there was no noticable braking effect.

Normal behavior for SFM, it's an SFM restriction, sorry. In fact the changelog we added on 04-22-2016 was: Toe brakes animation added.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Normal behavior for SFM, it's an SFM restriction, sorry. In fact the changelog we added on 04-22-2016 was: Toe brakes animation added.

Yes,that's what I said in the first place. I was astonished to see a mentioning of working brake axis assignment with SFM. :music_whistling:

I really hope you guys get the EFM implemented soonish. We really need a MP dual seat trainer with western avionics. :(

Shagrat

Are folks using a keyed button to brake the aircraft or just pulling the emergency brake at the end of the landing roll? I can switch to the back seat and fly the aircraft... Is in possible currently for someone else to jump in the backseat and fly? If so how?

Bonz...

Edited by Bonz

Are folks using a keyed button to brake the aircraft or just pulling the emergency brake at the end of the landing roll? I can switch to the back seat and fly the aircraft... Is in possible currently for someone else to jump in the backseat and fly? If so how?

Bonz...

I just use the [w] key to brake. Multiplayer is not yet supported.

I hope the AvioDev guys figure out multi-crew spot on just like Polychop-Simulations, they really seemed to know how to do it. Whenever the whole issue is fixed in multiplayer, we can look forward to flying together in the same plane. :D

It's simply an SFM restriction. Can't have dual cockpit in MP with SFM, it needs AFM. And we need some time to polish AFM before releasing it, right now it's just in alpha state.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CC is in ED's hands but with SFM ...

That's good to know, I'd love to fly on the CC even with SFM ... let's hope that ED validates her soon :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

:cry:

what weapons will be available?

Any idea of ​​how much longer?

Ya es mucho tiempo :cry_2::cry_2::cry_2:

Saludos

The ones already announced: cannon pods, rockets, unguided bombs, short range air-to-air missiles and anti-ship missile Sea Eagle.

Can't really say how long this will take as it depends on time available from our systems developer, it should be a few weeks, but it could also end up been a few months, time required for coding is a highly unknown and variable matter.

Lo antes posible.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]