Thrustmaster's TQS throttle as stand-alone

Just ordered it... looking forward to not having a cable between the TQS and SSC.

I have the hall sensor mod already for the TQS, as well as the FSSB R2. I plan on the FSSB R3 Warthog when possible. Mainly, this is for future-proofing since Cougars aren't being produced anymore. :)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 1 month later...

Hello Mnemonic,

do you know if the throttle is still compatible with the TARGET Software?

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

It is not. You would have to make assignments in whatever sim you were flying. If you needed keystrokes, AutoHotkey is an option.

It works great, by the way.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Correct, it is not compatible with TARGET or FOXY when you use it through TUSBA, but it acts like a regular joystick in the system so you can bind axes and buttons within DCS or Falcon. I just set it up, and I plan to use it together with HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle, to have additionally authentic F-16 throttle (without connecting it with Cougar stick). And in general to have more axes and buttons in my setup.

I found Cougar Throttle much more ergonomic than Warthog one, and cursor thumb-joystick on Cougar throttle is much better and comfortable that Warthog one, also seems to have higher resolution with TUSBA.

Thanks for the quick replay :thumbup:

I think i´m gonna try it

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the TUSBA R1 and hooked it up this week and unfortunately I can't get the throttle working correctly.

The axis looks to be working correctly in the options but in game the throttle axis doesn't change the throttle but the range knob will increase/decrease thrust. I can't get this fixed so any help would be appreciated.

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

I have the TUSBA R1 and hooked it up this week and unfortunately I can't get the throttle working correctly.

The axis looks to be working correctly in the options but in game the throttle axis doesn't change the throttle but the range knob will increase/decrease thrust. I can't get this fixed so any help would be appreciated.

Well, it sounds like the default in-game axis assignments are not matching the TUSBA R1 ones. So, you have to manually reassign the axis in the game controller options for each plane (just modify it once and export the controller mapping for the TUSBA device and then import it for other planes).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!