SU33 - WEP (EMERGENY WAR POWER)

Goa

i did same procedure and tried it multiple times but it didin't work

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm also trying to map it on the throttle, but the key just doesn't work .. rpm keeps at 100% and no light lits ... I even tried to assign a different key combination to the command, but still no joy :(

In the controls for the Su-33 what is the function called for (LShift-E):

• "Special Afterburner mode" for the new PFM
  • "War emergency Power" for old SFM

So if it doesn't say "Special Afterburner mode" then:

1. You don't have the new SU-33 PFM update of DCS 1.57.10175
  2. You need to delete your Su-33 keyboard and / or joystick directories out of the user saved games config directory, re-run DCS and re-setup your joystick config and let DCS load the defaults for all keyboard commands, etc.
  3. And you better not be running any modscry.gif
  4. Run a DCS clean and repair.
  5. Retest Su-33 systems in mission.

Let me know how you go.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions ... will try them out today and let you know how it went.

What I wanted was to divide my throttle travel on 4 sections, taking advantage of three detents that my TM Cougar has:

stop - idle - military power - specialAB

... the first is to shutdown the engines (in combination with the joystick paddle button), the second is to start the engines, the third is the normal throttle (plus the AB on when at the top of its travel), its the fourth the one that I cant get it to work :(

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If you keybindings aren't working for the new features:

• Backup your controller input config files for the Su-33 to some where else.
  • Delete the folder:- c:\Users\YourUSERNAME\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\su-33\
  • Reload DCS and reconfigure the Su-33 axis Controls and some keys so that it makes a new set of defaults for the Su-33 aircraft.
  • Retry mission with Su-33 to see if (Special after burner mode) is working.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks a lot, this fixed my problem and now the special AB works fine :)

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

i think i have found the culprit. my throttle doesn't go 100%, its z axis stays at "3", it must be "0"

i tried to use anther axis as trust and wep worked.

do you have any idea for getting around this problem?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

i think i have found the culprit. my throttle doesn't go 100%, its z axis stays at "3", it must be "0"

do you have any idea for getting around this problem?

Re-calibrate it in Control Panel, Devices and Printers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

calibration doesn't solve the problem, always stucks at 3

Youtube

calibration doesn't solve the problem, always stucks at 3
Which brand of throttle do you use?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Do you have any idea for getting around this problem?

Had similar issues with my Saitek X52 pro sometimes with the Z axis not going to 100%, solution for that joystick is to unplug it with computer going, and plug it back in again, which auto calibrates all axis.

Depending on what joystick you have, the only way to fix it would be:

1. First question is, does this happen in most of your other plane modules, or just the Su-33 module ?, if answer is all modules then solution would be calibrate joystick at windows level, if specific to Su-33 only then solution most likely conflict in DCS controller config.
  2. Try unplugging joystick in question and let windows re-detect it and hopefully re-calibrate the axis.
  3. Re-calibrate and / or test the axis with in windows control panel -> Devices and Printers or with software that came with joystick and make sure the Z axis is going full range (0-100).
  4. If all axis are traveling full range in the windows calibrate test, Go into the DCS controller menu for Su-33 Joystick axis and make sure that the Z axis is still traveling full range (0-100) and isn't inadvertently cross linked with another joystick, game pad or steering wheel controller axis as these can have auto centered axis and cause you grief, check there are no weird curves or limitations assigned to the Z axis.
  5. Last resort if that hasn't fixed issue, uninstall joystick software and unplug joystick, reboot computer and re-install joystick software and plug in joystick when requested to, then go through steps 2-3 again.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

i think i have found the culprit. my throttle doesn't go 100%

Oh man, that reminds me of my old CH Pro Throttle. Same thing back then happened to me - regardless of calibration (wouldn't even go full idle, for that matter).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The updated Su-33 english manual (dcs v1.57.10175 stable) is in the games installed directory:

• ..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Doc\Su-33 DCS Flaming Cliffs Flight Manual EN.pdf

Pics of exert on Su-33 (Some features) from Page 135 attached:

If you keybindings aren't working for the new features:

• Backup your controller input config files for the Su-33 to some where else.
  • Delete the folder:- c:\Users\YourUSERNAME\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\su-33\
  • Reload DCS and reconfigure the Su-33 axis Controls and some keys so that it makes a new set of defaults for the Su-33 aircraft.
  • Retry mission with Su-33 to see if (Special after burner mode) is working.

Regards, Ian.

Thx MadDog-IC!

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

Which brand of throttle do you use?

Oh man, that reminds me of my old CH Pro Throttle. Same thing back then happened to me - regardless of calibration (wouldn't even go full idle, for that matter).

yes i am using ancient pro throttle. i hope a good throttle will come out some day. i don't want to use warthog throttle since it is very a-10c specific and i am not very keen on tm twcs.

Youtube

Ah - well I found a link to a new Su-33 manual on the russian side of the forum.

But I don't know if its an unauthorized leak. Nor do I know whether the manual is complete or still WIP....I kind of hope its the latter, because many aspects of it quite frankly leave something to be desired :)

Hi can you please share the link from the Russian side of the forum?

Cheers,

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Hi can you please share the link from the Russian side of the forum?

Cheers,

No because I can't find it again.

But it was a link to a post on reddit.com, so if you google: "reddit su-33 pfm manual", then you should find it quickly.

JJ