Waypoint set to Infinity

hypermav

Good Evening,

After a number of months away I have returned to the A10C (on DCS World Open Beta) and I am encountering a number of issues.

Firstly, I am under the impression that when a waypoint is input, it is over a fixed point on the ground, irrespective of whether it is a bridge or lake and as you draw closer the marker drops down the HUD until you overfly it. Am I understanding correctly? Currently my waypoints seem to hover about 3-5 degrees above the horizon and irrespective of distance remains there.

Secondly, and I think this maybe tied into the above, I cannot get Mavericks to lock onto anything or even to release.

Any input will be appreciated

It sounds like you waypoint is at altitude. Verify that waypoint's altitude is at ground level.

As for the Mavericks, they won't launch without a lock.

I assume you mean IR guided mavericks, as that's what 99% of pilots use 99% of the time.

You WP problem shouldn't have any effect on mavs, though.

Not sure what the problem is there, I haven't flown the 'hog in a while.

Make a short track and let us see what your doing/ talking about and probably can help you easier

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

For the mavericks, if you are slewing them to a waypoint, markpoint, or SPI and don't get a lock right away, try giving it a TMS up short to lock target (I think of it as "giving it a nudge") much easier than trying to move the camera around a bit and get it to re-acquire as I've seen some do. The maverick wont target lock if the waypoint is at altitude or undefined, as it is looking at open air.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrench, lahsoldier, Emmy, Faelwolf, USMC Trev & Master Degadis,

Thanks for your response and advise- yes, it was me being a plank for not setting the elevation. As to the Mavericks, I think I need to refer to YouTube tuition more....the one for dummies!