Weird light behaviour

kontiuka

This is strange. I was doing the "night flight" quick mission and turned my taxi lights on. That was all good. Then I started taxiing and after a few seconds, one of the taxi lights went out quickly followed by the other. My position lights also went out. Track attached.

I've been able to repeat this a few times in a row.

weird light behaviour.trk

I did a night flight (2AM) last night and had all exterior lights on (anti-collision, formation, flashing position, taxi) after spooling up the engine. I took a look at the exterior (F2) view and noticed that all lights except formation were off. When I jumped back into the cockpit (F1), all exterior lights appeared off. I could see the taxi lights through the cockpit glass before I changed views. This makes navigating a dark airport quite hard!

Just ran some more tests. The problem only happens with the high beam (landing lights), not the low beam (taxi lights). So maybe this is expected behaviour if the lights overheat?

Also, when the right landing light goes out, so do the position lights. Are they on the same electrical circuit so that one breaker kills both sets of lights?