Airplanes destroyed on the ground strange behaviour

LeCuvier

Why is it that aircraft destroyed on the ground are so hard to destroy?

I have often seen that the aircraft was riddled with bullets and even had a wing broken off. But they hardly if ever blow up, and so they don't count as kills. Is the damage model different when they are on the ground?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Aircraft on the ground need to be "totally destroyed" to generate the death event. So when the model physically changes from the normal unit to the "crashed" model of it.

Sort of an oddity thats been around seemingly forever as far as I can remember. Will report it since it might be worth changing.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks Grimes!

Yesterday I was pursuing a P-51 and it managed to land before I could hit it. When it was taxying I had several runs at it and by the time I was out of ammo there wasn't much let of it, just the cockpit part of the fuselage and one wing. It did not count as destroyed. Yes, this has been around for a long time and maybe it's not the highest priority issue to fix; bit it would be nice...

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5