D

When I am flying at 61'hg Manifold Pressure the sound is realy nice, you can feel the power, but sometimes you need more power.

So I expect that when I engage WEP the sudden jump from 61' to 67'hg would be quite audible, just as it is in the standard DCS.

But with your mod I cannot feel much difference if any between 61' and 67'hg power settings.

Ok thanks , ive looked into it already , with original sound its just an increase in volume and not much , not some hidden SDEF that I missed, never noticed it my self as ive never used war power.

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

109?? :P

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Lastly look out over the coming weeks for thread title "M"in the Spitfire section :santa:

Cheers

Jafa

5bbd595ed375e796d3890507e7dba0a9.jpg

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jafa thanks so much for releasing this mod! Finally get to hear it for myself, I love the fly by sounds, you nailed those :thumbup:

Quick question though, is it just me or is there no sound when firing the HVARS? I know everyone has a different sound set up and probably DCS slider settings but what might your recommended in game slider settings be for audio?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great news! Thanks.

Yeah a proper DB605 sound would be great.

Stuka's sound mod is very good for that.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It's not bad, and probably the best mod available atm but there are somw areas where it seems to me at least to be wrong (particularly idle). 5tuka even said himself there are some limitations he couldn't manage to get around. The ones in the other sim also seem to be much more true to life than in DCS. Particularly the throaty periodic idle noises of the 605.

Edited by DefaultFace

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Hi Jafa thanks so much for releasing this mod! Finally get to hear it for myself, I love the fly by sounds, you nailed those :thumbup:

Quick question though, is it just me or is there no sound when firing the HVARS? I know everyone has a different sound set up and probably DCS slider settings but what might your recommended in game slider settings be for audio?

Go into my mod and follow path - SOUNDS/SDEF/WEAPONS...AND DELETE FILE "MissileLaunchIn" . this should give you original in game sound back.

Cheers

Jafa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I can't help but feel like there is a distinct lack of volume and/or engine noise when the camera is in front of the Mustang, on the ground. It sounds a bit more natural in the sky, but it's strange on the ground.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I can't help but feel like there is a distinct lack of volume and/or engine noise when the camera is in front of the Mustang, on the ground. It sounds a bit more natural in the sky, but it's strange on the ground.

A couple of patches ago ED made some adjustments to prop, exhaust and propwash volume levels when rotating external cams, adjustments for worse in my opinion.

Anyway, since both Jafa's mods were made before these adjustments, they're not quite "compatible" with recent game versions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A couple of patches ago ED made some adjustments to prop, exhaust and propwash volume levels when rotating external cams, adjustments for worse in my opinion.

Anyway, since both Jafa's mods were made before these adjustments, they're not quite "compatible" with recent game versions.

Havent looked at my merlins for a long time , when I get some time ill take a look and see if there is anything I can do.

Cheers

Jafa

Havent looked at my merlins for a long time , when I get some time ill take a look and see if there is anything I can do.

Cheers

Jafa

I confirm that in the external view in front of the aircraft the sound of the Merlin is very low, if you take a look at your mod would be a great thing because the sounds are really excellent compared to those of default.

Thank you.

:thumbup: