109 and general DCS questions?

Hub

1. I use to have to prime the 109 before starting. Now it starts without doing it. Was this changed?

2. When I look up using track IR onto my lift vector, I end up staring at the metal housing on the cockpit. Is there anyway to change a setting, so when I look up I am scooted forward and can keep my eye on my lift vector and not the metal crosspiece in the cockpit?

3. I know there are similar threads for this, what, other then "practice" can I do , to see and spot the planes in DCS ? I have objects on large, but constantly lose the p-51's as I am

On there dead six! I lose them

In ground clutter! I have a good PC. And it seems others can find me and chase me no problem!!?????

Getting frustrated and near bagging the whole thing , even though I bought the spitty. Any suggestions would

Be appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Turning antialiasing down will help with the spotting, especially in the latest patch.

As far as the cockpit bars I would recommend trying to set a custom seat position with the snap views function (ralt num 0) and fiddle with trackir. If the snap views thing gets too messed up you can always reset by deleting the file under: saved games->DCS->config->views

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

maybe youre going too fast?

this may sound stupid but are you talking general spotting or MP spotting? As far as AI spotting and engagement, theyre pretty much underpowered and predictable. For humanoids, there is a reason to hug the floor which is contrast. I'm sure you know this.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I will try turning down the anti-aliasing . Thought spotting would be better with it turned on?

I am talking MP spotting, and I understand the contrast by staying low, however that goes against all aspects of keeping and using energy in fighting.

I confirm no priming needed. Weird that little red pump handle but I guess cool.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.