Come In London! Are You There?

mytai01

Is London on this map?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

No

The map that you can fly over is this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=159197&d=1489768413

However, only the Normandy area itself has buildings, roads and similar. So in theory, yes you can fly over southern England, and there are runways there. Unfortunately there's nothing outside of those runways and the London area is just forrest. At least Greenpeace can smile.

For ref, ED always stated that they'd model only the Normandy area. The inclusion of any land beyond that was just a present to us.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew to England and I think [maybe not I'll recheck] I saw structures on the ground, it's clearly defined where the map ends and infinity begins. Really beautiful area to fly on both sides of the channel, much larger area to fly than I was expecting.

Edited by fitness88

• 4 weeks later...
I flew to England and I think [maybe not I'll recheck] I saw structures on the ground, it's clearly defined where the map ends and infinity begins. Really beautiful area to fly on both sides of the channel, much larger area to fly than I was expecting.

There is new stuff going on in Blighty. I have seen a couple of new villages and a small town ( maybe Portsmouth) last time I flew over.

The generic lonely farmhouses are also present.

However in the Solent area, both Southampton and Cowes are conspicuous by their absence.

It is heartening to see that there is still considerable work quietly going on in updating the map.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 2 months later...

I do wish they had either made more of both England and France. I was hoping to see London and Paris. But it's still a great map.

I noticed that Jersey and Guernsey look like they might have had a runway there, but it wasn't added.

If you look at the two islands in Sat view. You can see a slight outline for airfield area on the islands.

I do wish they had either made more of both England and France. I was hoping to see London and Paris. But it's still a great map.

I noticed that Jersey and Guernsey look like they might have had a runway there, but it wasn't added.

If you look at the two islands in Sat view. You can see a slight outline for airfield area on the islands.

It's really hard to know whetehr Normandy is complete or not. It certainly seems very incomplete but we've get precious little communicatino from ED about what is going on with this map.

Hormuz seems to be ED's darling right now. Normandy feels like the unwanted ugly sister.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

It's really hard to know whetehr Normandy is complete or not. It certainly seems very incomplete but we've get precious little communicatino from ED about what is going on with this map.

Hormuz seems to be ED's darling right now. Normandy feels like the unwanted ugly sister.

Ugra media are still working hard on Normandy and new additions are included with every ED update. Normandy is by no means being put on the back burner or regarded as complete.

That info came straight from Wags.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 3 months later...

I just hope that Ugra Media decides to add some real world accuracy to the map. For example: none of the Airports exihibit a layout that reflects how they appeared in WW2 (or today for that matter). With as much historical documentation as there is available, is baffling that the Dev’s decided to just make up their own designs!