[RESOLVED] AWG-9 snaps to center when switching modes

mrkline

When switching radar modes, the AWG-9 suddenly ignores any azimuth or elevation controls and snaps to the centerline. But as soon as you touch the azimuth or elevation controls again, it snaps back to its previous position.

Edited by IronMike

This is still present in the latest OB, but seems to only show up in multiplayer. In singleplayer, the radar doesn't jump at all:

I'm assuming this makes it some sort of network sync issue as the RIO transitions radar modes.

This is still present in the latest OB, but seems to only show up in multiplayer. In singleplayer, the radar doesn't jump at all:

I'm assuming this makes it some sort of network sync issue as the RIO transitions radar modes.

That's an interesting observation! I hope that helps the devs to track this down. Btw, has this problem even been acknowledged by HB so far?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This affects supersearch too:

When commanding supersearch with a HCU half-action, elevation snaps back to center until the user futzes with azimuth or elevation controls.

Watch the antenna elevation meter.

This affects supersearch too:

When commanding supersearch with a HCU half-action, elevation snaps back to center until the user futzes with azimuth or elevation controls.

Watch the antenna elevation meter.

Nice to know, I thought it either was expected behaviour or it was me doing something wrong and it was driving me mad and very poorly self-confident in my RIO skills. :music_whistling:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

That feeling when you didn't realize you could steer it that far left and right lol!

All we need now is for Jester to figure it out also...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, center-snapping is still an issue!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The April 10 Open Beta still seems to show the following behavior in multiplayer:

• Radar volume snaps to center whenever switching modes, then returns to the desired AZ/EL once those controls are touched.
  • Supersearch seems to ignore EL knob (but does respect the vernier thumbwheel) until AZ/EL controls are touched.

• 2 weeks later...

Both supersearch and the normal scans still jump back to center in 2.5.4.30038. Watch how the azimuth and elevation settings zero themselves whenever switching modes, or when commanding supersearch with an HCU half-action:

Did this miss the release window and get slated for the next OB?

Edited by mrkline

• 2 weeks later...

Still present in DCS 2.5.4.30386:

This is fixed internally now, seems to have been only for multicrew. Unclear when it will make it into a DCS release, should be within two weeks.

Was this fix backed out of the internal build? Are all Tomcat fixes on hold for this OB?

Edited by mrkline