TOP GUN R3 - 2016

Dutch Baron

I have read the rules and was surprised to find there Mirage-2000c fighters available.

A few days ago I conducted test flights of the Su-27 vs M2000 and aerobatic capabilities of M2000C. Mirage2000C very very very beta version. It does not meet the characteristics of maneuverability. He has a very inflated characteristics turn and thrust-inflated. Better all available craft on tournament. M2000 - UFO aerodynamic. :)

F-15C based on PFM and now realised module. :smilewink:

Su-27 based on PFM but in beta mode and have some problems in close combat and aerobatic capabilities. :huh:

Other planes with standard flight models. :noexpression:

In this scenario, the tournament did not reveal a better pilot. The results can be very strange. ((

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The presence of Mirage 2000 deprives competition of seriousness. Players of the Russian community have tested this aircraft and came to the conclusion that his flight model at about the level of Ace combat (though we love this game :)). There is no hope that the model will be improved, because the Mirage 2000 is little information on aerodynamics and performance.

In addition, there is another obvious problem is the lack of anti-cheat checks in the DCS. I don't think everyone will want to fly in this competition honestly. The developers promise to restore validation in the short term, but the exact date is not known.

I'd have to agree on this as well, the Mirages flight model seems very dubious to me. Once you're at 200 knots IAS you can just pull the stick all the way back and turn 30°/sec horizontally without loosing one knot airspeed. It's laughable to say the least...

The presence of Mirage 2000 deprives competition of seriousness. Players of the Russian community have tested this aircraft and came to the conclusion that his flight model at about the level of Ace combat (though we love this game :)). There is no hope that the model will be improved, because the Mirage 2000 is little information on aerodynamics and performance.

In addition, there is another obvious problem is the lack of anti-cheat checks in the DCS. I don't think everyone will want to fly in this competition honestly. The developers promise to restore validation in the short term, but the exact date is not known.

The mirage is definitely still in Beta, but what makes you so sure that the flight model will be permanently inaccurate? There are plenty of former and current Mirage pilots out there to help them fine tune it, and there are lots of flight and performance data out there despite your assertion.

I have read the rules and was surprised to find there Mirage-2000c fighters available.

A few days ago I conducted test flights of the Su-27 vs M2000 and aerobatic capabilities of M2000C. Mirage2000C very very very beta version. It does not meet the characteristics of maneuverability. He has a very inflated characteristics turn and thrust-inflated. Better all available craft on tournament. M2000 - UFO aerodynamic. :)

F-15C based on PFM and now realised module. :smilewink:

Su-27 based on PFM but in beta mode and have some problems in close combat and aerobatic capabilities. :huh:

Other planes with standard flight models. :noexpression:

In this scenario, the tournament did not reveal a better pilot. The results can be very strange. ((

I agree, the maneuverability of the mirage in the game is very inflated.

Yesterday I found a problem of sync fighting against a M2000C in the 104th server, I shot him with a R-73 and visually confirm the kill (the same in tacview and track), but the real thing was that the server lost the sync with the client player, the M2000 kept flying straight in game for all other players, but in fact the guy with the M2000 was alive in his PC and shot down others players while invisible in radars

And the flanker does? ;)The ACS switch in the Su-27 is hilarious. I can see your point but every FM in DCS has its flaws.. This tournament is to bring ppl together and have fun.. Sure there should be some kind of fair and equal competition but that will never happen if ppl fly different aircraft.

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

And the flanker does? ;)The ACS switch in the Su-27 is hilarious. I can see your point but every FM in DCS has its flaws.. This tournament is to bring ppl together and have fun.. Sure there should be some kind of fair and equal competition but that will never happen if ppl fly different aircraft.

You mean that the aircraft control switch do not exists in the real SU-27?

Ahhhh you're right!! :pilotfly:

In fact there are two buttons in the real one, the ACS (DCM) and the AoA+G limiter, when we press the S button we are turning off both! :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134851&page=2

:shocking: This incorrect understanding of functions of the specified systems.

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

The mirage is definitely still in Beta, but what makes you so sure that the flight model will be permanently inaccurate? There are plenty of former and current Mirage pilots out there to help them fine tune it, and there are lots of flight and performance data out there despite your assertion.

Well well... :)

Where can I see performance data? :)

Signed up for 1vs1 and will start working on my BFM skills somewhere in MP

About the cheats ? That is why we have (hopefully) good referees to monitor and analyse data if any doubts are there..

I hope it will be great fun and that I learn on what to improve on.

See you all there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome Tello!

No cheating will be possible since every pilot must submit own in game track if requested by an admin and the result of the match can be overruled if any issues, so the integrity check will be us admins :-D

Regarding flight models, the vast majority of those who signed up chose either su-27 or F-15, only 6 chose M2000 and nobody picked an SFM aircraft.

A decision on whether to keep the Mirage or not will be taken today.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I think just as a extra security measure I will disable my MODS(as if I even survive first round no matter how many cheats I could think of :P ) But yeah better be on the safe side.

Die Trying !

Welcome Tello!

No cheating will be possible since every pilot must submit own in game track if requested by an admin and the result of the match can be overruled if any issues, so the integrity check will be us admins :-D

Regarding flight models, the vast majority of those who signed up chose either su-27 or F-15, only 6 chose M2000 and nobody picked an SFM aircraft.

A decision on whether to keep the Mirage or not will be taken today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello all,

The M2000C, MIG29 and SU33 are removed from available aircraft.

All M2000C jocks are contacted and some have responded already and changed or cancelled their entry.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully these models will have PFM before TOP GUN R4 and an updated, realistic flying M2000C.

See you guys soon!

• Like 1
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Hello all,

All M2000C jocks are contacted and some have responded already and changed or cancelled their entry.

Hopefully these models will have PFM before TOP GUN R4 and an updated, realistic flying M2000C.

See you guys soon!

+1

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

We keep heading that way and we'll end up with an one aircraft contest.

Aside from Direct Control, the Flanker's FM is years ahead of the Mirage.

Moreover, the Su-27 was also flying in TG2 and could not stop the Eagle from dominating the competition. We're set now for a good tourney!

Hello all,

See you guys soon!

Good to hear that there are plans for TG4. I'm out next weekend and will miss TG3.

For future competitions, will there be F-86 vs. Mig-15 or other airframes?

Hi Rage!

Its difficult to come up with exact times now since we have not closed the sign up yet but as a general rule, event will kick off around 1700z for everyone then it will keep going for those who keep winning with the final around 21:30/2200z...of course you can leave as soon as you lost your match.

S!

Hi Flank. Unfortunately I wont make the 9th. In the evening im busy so please delete my entry. Assuming the 16th is at a similar time though Ill be able to make the 2v2s.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22