MAC Point System?

Foogle

Here's what I feel... MAC is a good entry point but would work best if supported by good advertising. Most of the folks here are right in saying that if a player has War Thunder or other sim-cade games, why would they even consider MAC? Will they even KNOW of MAC? Who really buys and reads magazines? The simmers will have their own sources, and the sim/arcade players will likely follow their friends or online "influencers" or whatever.

The other games are visually more stunning, with dramatic voice-overs (which adds to the "dramatic" feeling of air combat) and don't try to dive into the sim side of things. Trying to emulate them would result in DCS losing its heritage and its special personality. Plus... most of the RedFor aircraft only have SARH missiles... that's gonna be an eye-opener for arcade gamers!

Many of us have been associated with ED since the Flanker / LOMAC days. We progressed over the decades through FC, FC2, DCS Black Shark, and are now on DCS:W. I hail from the Red camp and have been an FC3 user primarily because of the modern Russian jets. I do know how different it is to fly an Su-33 vs the F/A-18C!

And that's why one of the concerns I had was with the possible case of a server having both MAC and DCS-level versions of the same plane... the MiG-21, F-5 or others. The MAC version would definitely have an advantage due to it being simpler to use. And if you don't allow MAC aircraft on servers with other aircraft, then we lose the ability to have battles between Blue and Red aircraft! You would still need your Su-27s and MiG-29s and Su-25A/Ts to present opponents to the Blue Forces... but should you disable the other airframes? And if we disable the other airframes... what's the difference between FC3 and MAC?

MAC makes sense for ED as it allows them to diversify a bit. But we, as the DCS community, need to think of how best it integrates with our servers, maps, games. If MAC has small sections of existing maps, I doubt that strictly MAC players will be able to join our servers. DCS + MAC players will, but that doesn't help the new MAC players, right?

Edited by Wolve03
Edited to remove extraneous line breaks

The other games are visually more stunning, with dramatic voice-overs (which adds to the "dramatic" feeling of air combat) and don't try to dive into the sim side of things. Trying to emulate them would result in DCS losing its heritage and its special personality. Plus... most of the RedFor aircraft only have SARH missiles... that's gonna be an eye-opener for arcade gamers!

Unless MAC includes F-22 and PAK-FA it's a no go :)

That's why I think it will be more like FC3 with more playability features towards new wanna-be pilots rather than all-arcade hot-head shooters.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Without wishing to be mean

Very seriously you really think that arcade player will come on DCS for MAC?

While there is Wor*d of Warpla*e, Wa* Thund*r arcade mod and Ac* C*mbat 7!

In the video game industry who know MAC appart the DCS players?

Personally I find this an error of going to the arcade, people do not come on DCS for that!

FC4 with 4 new planes that's a great idee (MiG-31, F-16A, Su-30, Tornado..). People from DCS WOLRD will buy for that

Cordially

that was my tought as well, there already "well known" and "qualified" arcade flying games out there , it is my personal opinion that MAC will be a huge waste of resources and money.

The only way for ED to make some money is release FC4 or call it MAC, with new airplanes at FC3 level, like su30, su34, mig25 ettc etc.

Nobody from DCS community will buy MAC as a standolone, those of us playing DCS will continue to play DCS .:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Nobody from DCS community will buy MAC as a standolone, those of us playing DCS will continue to play DCS .:thumbup:

As we see it's not entirely true. Nevertheless MAC is clearly catered toward new players not DCS veterans.

According to this classification:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_flight_simulation_game

FC3 is far from arcade and more than just survey so I wouldn't expect MAC to be much lower than that thus not exactly compete with arcade genre.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

MAC maybe more ... War Thunder like !?

Hi,

Maybe, just maybe ED realized that other arcade-MMOs like WT (not to speak of that "space-sim" for the very rich) generate quite a lot of cash ?

As long as they keep improving DCS World too, I am 100% in favor of MAC.:thumbup:

As we see it's not entirely true. Nevertheless MAC is clearly catered toward new players not DCS veterans.

According to this classification:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_flight_simulation_game

FC3 is far from arcade and more than just survey so I wouldn't expect MAC to be much lower than that thus not exactly compete with arcade genre.

well, speaking for myself, I will enjoy it,,, and am not a new player... :joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Ha, maybe MAC will outrun DCS in sales so that in 3 years from now DCS is a small step daughter and MAC the big dog. If money rules, and it mostly does, it's an option among many.

:cry:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

that was my tought as well, there already "well known" and "qualified" arcade flying games out there , it is my personal opinion that MAC will be a huge waste of resources and money.

The only way for ED to make some money is release FC4 or call it MAC, with new airplanes at FC3 level, like su30, su34, mig25 ettc etc.

+1

They have to challenge themselves and canceled MAC. Stop losing money and time for nothing!

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]