My request for pilots who report bugs or ED for retitling subforums

VZ_342

I’ve noticed that every aircraft has a “bugs” subforum. This creates a difficulty when reading about new bugs, because often the report title is a simple description of the bug, but not the aircraft involved.

For example, one might see “cockpit lights flash when firing guns” and it’s listed in the “bugs” subforum. The aircraft is not readily identified, so I have to click on it to find out which plane it is.

As interesting as that might sound, I’d rather not read bug reports unless it’s of a plane that I fly (and of course no one knows which those might be;) ) And if I was a dev, it’d be nice to be able to quickly see that a bug was related to a product that my company makes.

So my request is that we start putting the aircraft name in the title, and/or that ED change the name of the subforum “bugs” to include the aircraft name.

Thank you.

I agree ... and since its really unlikely that every user will prefix its thread like that, it seems more practical that an ED Moderator adds the aircraft name to each "Bugs" subforum.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well, if I'm not mistaking, every thread of a module you click on has a subforum for reporting bugs. Obviously that subforum is about the module you just clicked on. Unless I'm overlooking your point here?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Obviously that subforum is about the module you just clicked on. Unless I'm overlooking your point here?

Yes, you are overlooking the fact that most people uses the "New Posts" search to check on what's new since your last visit ... and there the Bugs look like this:

ky6GOpx.jpg

To what aircraft does it refer? :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, you are overlooking the fact that most people uses the "New Posts" search to check on what's new since your last visit ... and there the Bugs look like this:

ky6GOpx.jpg

To what aircraft does it refer? :)

Viggen :smilewink:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Viggen :smilewink:

How did you infer that from the information given??

Only module with Terrain Avoidance Mode atm.

But I do agree though, when using 'New Posts' feature, then you are missing some forum information. Another column with the parent forum name would be good.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |