DCS Map: Normandy 1944 by Ugra Media + WWII Assets Pack

phant

• 1 month later...

attachment.php?attachmentid=221195&stc=1&d=1573829428

Spitfire Sound Updates

We have greatly improved all the Spitfire LF Mk.IX engine and propeller sounds. New sounds were recorded from an actual Spitfire Mk.IX and added to the game. Our sound engine factors in altitude, airspeed, engine RPM, manifold pressure, and many other elements. You can hear the dramatic difference from within the cockpit and outside the aircraft. The update is available in the current Open Beta and will be available in today’s Stable version!

Enjoy this video highlighting the updated sounds.

MDR1KdC26pQ

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Ultime news per la WWII:

• The P-47 is looking beautiful inside and out and our flight model engineers have been very busy tuning the flight dynamics to match the real aircraft based on excellent references and first-hand pilot experience.
  • The visual effects of the new WWII damage model are now getting most of the focus because the internal damage effects and the physics are nearly complete. It’s just as important for the damage to look correct as the impact on systems and aircraft performance.

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

attachment.php?attachmentid=222889&stc=1&d=1576248399

Development Report #8

Damage Model - As we enter the home stretch on the new Damage Model for WWII Fighters, we are working hard to create and tune new effects for all aspects. We are excited to show you how they are looking so far, and how they will look even more incredible when you finally see it for yourself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222869&stc=1&d=1576221260 attachment.php?attachmentid=222871&stc=1&d=1576221260 attachment.php?attachmentid=222872&stc=1&d=1576221260

Bye

Phant

AMVI

attachment.php?attachmentid=223381&stc=1&d=1576849743

Development Update #9

Normandy Map Update - Our friends at Ugra Media have also provided a free update to their Normandy map for DCS World! This is a great home for the DCS warbirds. The update adds many new airfields and famous landmarks, a new tree and forest system, and more detail around existing airfields and urban areas.

We will be working closely with Ugra Media to make additional improvements to this work-in-progress.

• Textures massive update for fields, cities and towns, villages, airfields
    Added four new regions in France that includes:
    • Cana district
      Quarantine estuary
      Coasts north of the Utah landing zone
      The Mont Saint-Michel area

Included seven new airfields (The total number of airfields has been increased to 38 ):

• Argentan is a single-lane track
    Barville is a two-lane dirt track
    Essay is a single-lane grass track
    Goulet is a single-lane grass track
    Hauterive is a single-lane grass track
    Vrigny is a single-lane grass track
    Conches is a single-lane concrete track

Airfields have a significant increase in detail with many more objects.

Trees and forests have been updated to use SpeedTree, with 20 unique types of trees.

More detailed Atlantic Wall:

• Added costal anti-tank hedgehogs, barbed wire, etc.
    8 zones were added that includes artillery batteries.

New, detailed scenery has been added that includes:

• Le Mont-Saint-Michel
    Jumièges Abbey
    Cathedral of Notre-Dame de Rouen
    Rouen-Rive-Droite Station
    More detail was also added objects in the original map

The vector data was significantly improved over 20,000 sq kms.

Additional bug fixes and performance optimizations.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Header2019_720-EN.jpg

Development Report #10

DCS: WWII Asset Pack - Work continues on this highly anticipated update to the WWII asset pack, one of the final items we are working on is the addition of torpedoes to DCS World. Torpedoes will be available for the Ju-88A-4, U-boat and E-boat. This will give Mission Creators and users the possibility to take part in hunting and/or defending shipping lines in the recently updated Normandy Map. This addition opens up many future possibilities for DCS World. Once this update is ready it will add the following:

• A-20 Boston AI aircraft
  • Ju-88A-4 AI Aircraft
  • 8.8cm Flak Gun 41
  • Siemens Flakscheinwerfer 37 projector plus Generator
  • E-boat Schnellboot type S-100
  • U-boat type 7
  • Stug III Tank Destroyer
  • M10 Tank Destroyer
  • Mk VIII Centaur IV Tank
  • Elefant self-propelled artillery
  • Mk IV Churchill VII Tank
  • Torpedoes for aircraft and sea vessels

S-Boot-01.jpg S-Boot-02.jpg S-Boot-03.jpg

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• 2 weeks later...

Header2020_720-EN.png

DCS: World War II Assets Pack

Header_WWIIUnitsRev.png

Work continues on the World War II assets pack, with the addition of several important air, ground, and naval units including:

• Ju-88A-4 medium bomber
  • A-20 Boston medium bomber
  • C-47 transport
  • MK.VIII Centaur IV tank
  • Mk.IV Churchill VII tank
  • Elefant self-propelled artillery
  • Stug III tank destroyer
  • M10 tank destroyer
  • QF 3.7-inch AA gun
  • 37 mm Gun M1
  • M45 Quadmount that can be used on different platforms
  • 8.8 cm Flak 41 AAA
  • Flakscheinwerfer 37 and generator support unit
  • Schnellboot Type S-100 E-Boat
  • Type VII U-Boat

We are also looking at adding some exciting new features to the Asset pack, which include Torpedoes, Paratroopers and functional searchlights.

Damage Modeling

Header_DM.png

Another new feature of DCS World 2.5.6 will be the initial release of the improved damage system for the WWII fighters in DCS. As we have discussed in prior newsletters, this system includes a complex and realistic accounting of damage to aircraft systems, round trajectory and penetration, deflection, and localized damage. We have also added substantially enhanced visual damage effects that include missing structural components, fuel and hydraulic leaks. The new damage model will provide a much more engrossing and realistic experience.

Once we and our clients are happy with the warbirds damage model system, we will implement this new damage modelling to the more modern aircraft, ground units, and naval units.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• 2 weeks later...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225703&stc=1&d=1579877096

Development Report #11

• 2.5.6 Open Beta - This month we have been working to complete DCS version 2.5.6. Some extra time was needed to ensure a smooth transition from 2.5.5 both by our team and our 3rd Parties. You can expect to see the first 2.5.6 Open Beta in early February. We look forward to sharing it with you in the near future.
  • P-47D-30 Progress - We are nearly ready to unleash the ‘Jug’ on DCS World! We are finalizing the 3D model and cockpit; making improvements to the fuselage, cowling, and air intakes; and working on externals stores like fuel tanks and bombs.
  • Ju-88 AI - Some of you eagle-eyed fans may have spotted the Ju-88 in the recent Lunar Sale video. Here are some more lovely images as we work on the finishing touches before release.
  • Fi-103 V1 Flying Bomb - We are excited to announce the V1 will be coming to the DCS: WWII Asset Pack! This is an iconic weapon, and it is a great addition for use with the upcoming DCS: Channel Map. It should be available as a static object when the DCS: Channel Map releases, and later as an operational unit.
  • Searchlights - Work continues on the addition of searchlights for the DCS: WWII Asset pack. Below you can see the effort going into these lights and associated effects.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225689&stc=1&d=1579854192 attachment.php?attachmentid=225690&stc=1&d=1579854192 attachment.php?attachmentid=225691&stc=1&d=1579854192 attachment.php?attachmentid=225686&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225687&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225688&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225692&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225693&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225694&stc=1&d=1579854287 attachment.php?attachmentid=225702&stc=1&d=1579877096 attachment.php?attachmentid=225701&d=1579877107 attachment.php?attachmentid=225700&stc=1&d=1579877096

Bye

Phant

AMVI

cavoli qui si stanno muovendo parecchio per il wwii ...bene!

Già, tanta roba veramente, un indubbio segnale che la WWII in DCS sta prendendo finalmente quella piega che tutti coloro appassionati di questo periodo storico auspicavano, come si dice ne vedremo delle belle :)

Già, tanta roba veramente, un indubbio segnale che la WWII in DCS sta prendendo finalmente quella piega che tutti coloro appassionati di questo periodo storico auspicavano, come si dice ne vedremo delle belle :)

e finalmente da quello che vedo si potranno azzardare operazioni e bombardamenti notturni

e finalmente da quello che vedo si potranno azzardare operazioni e bombardamenti notturni

Si così pare, e a mio parere saranno anche molto interessanti, essere inquadrato da una searchlight con la contraerea che ti spara deve essere un'effetto per niente piacevole ma appunto molto coinvolgente nel contesto dello scenario...:)

• 2 weeks later...
può anche essere che usi un altro aereo come placeholder....

Può essere ma penso anch'io che la ED molto probabilmente ha fornito a questo creatore di missioni una versione Beta dell'aeroplano, magari una delle versioni in uso ai beta tester tale da permettere appunto di iniziare i lavori sulla campagna SP, chissà se sull'attuale Normandia piuttosto che non sulla nuova Channel..

E se così fosse, naturalmente siamo nel campo delle ipotesi, non dovrebbe mancare molto al preordine di uno e dell'altra...

I would say that I fly most canned dogfight missions, well at least one of them a couple of times every other night. I can't wait for you guys to get the DM (of course I want it to be as good as you guys also deserve). Tonight, it was the 2 Spits vs 2 109s. I am of course a horrible wingman, and the last thing I heard from my wingman was "Bingo Fuel!" as he streamed into the ground with a cloud of fuel following him.

I took out his attacker as he followed my wingman towards the ground, although I am not sure how long it took for him to ditch, last I saw of him he was stream oil and water. His buddy, pictured here danced for a little while, he got a few rounds into my outer wing with no real damage, I hit him with cannons just before this picture (below), he suffered an oil and major water leak, as I turned in to finish him, I lost sight, I thought he pulled off an AI miracle move but turns out the 109 doesn't like flying with either out water, without oil or both, his engine shut down and he was done.

It sure adds to the immersion knowing you can do critical damage to these guys and their aircraft figure it out a short time later. I know it has been a long wait, and I know this is phil style's favourite word... but soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227180&stc=1&d=1581487830

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao ragazzi.. la mappa della Normandia è l'unica che non possiedo.. anche perchè ho letto diversi pareri negativi (rallenta il gioco, occupa molto spazio su hard disk, ci sono bug, ecc.).

Sto iniziando però a volare con gli aeroplani WWII e ci sto facendo un pensierino. Per chi la possiede già, me la consigliereste? E' vero che è abbastanza esosa in termini di utilizzo risorse ed ha un frame rate più basso?

Inoltre, ha senso usarla anche con gli aerei moderni?

io la possiedo da parecchio...ti dico che in termini di risorse è uguale alle altre...mai notato differenze...pero' ti dico anche che ha zero senso usarla con aerei moderni...Lo scenario è palesemente anni 40....con piste in terra battuta e casolari rustici...poi chiaro puoi fare quello che vuoi anche far decollare un f-18 da le havre....ma secondo me ha zero senso

Di bug poi non ne ho notati sinceramente...è una mappa come le altre ,... unico difetto è che per negligenza nn hanno fatto le stagioni...poi ce l'hanno venduta come "per esigenze di periodo storico, in inverno ormai gli inglesi avevano gia' vinto e ...bla bla bla" ; pero' di fatto vuol dire che nn avevano voglia di farlo

Edited by Lordfacker84

Anch'io ce l'ho da quando l'hanno fatta uscire e devo dire che per quanto mi riguarda non ho notato i problemi che descrivi relativamente a calo di fps o di altra natura parlando di funzionalità, tra l'altro recentemente è stata anche aggiornata ed è migliorata qualitativamente parlando, anche le sue dimensioni sono più che accettabili e non porta via chissà quale spazio sull' HD/SSD, se ricordo bene il download è di circa 8Gb, quindi sensibilmente inferiore per dire a quella del Golfo Persico che invece nella stessa condizione è di circa 17Gb.

In abbinamento a questa mappa secondo me è caldamente consigliato anche l'Assets Pack dedicato, specie se si vuole fare dell'attività con aeroplani WWII, usarla con velivoli moderni invece non ha senso così come per analogia non ce l'ha volare con un Mustang sul Golfo Persico, per capirci per ambientazione, strutture, ecc.. è da intendersi come una mappa espressamente dedicata alla WWII piuttosto che non una "general purpose", poi certo si può anche usare con aeroplani moderni ma la cosa, per quanto mi riguarda, non ha molto senso anzi non ce l'ha proprio a dirla tutta..

Piuttosto personalmente farei una riflessione, e cioè quanto conviene adesso investire su questa mappa con la Channel Map alle porte, cioè un'altra mappa realizzata dalla ED e non da una terza parte come la Normandia, che da quanto si è visto in quello che hanno fatto vedere è davvero di un'altra categoria per qualità, ecc..., presumibilmente per non dire quasi una certezza quando uscirà chi vola WWII migrerà senz'altro su quest'ultima e probabilmente la Normandia farà la fine del Nevada..

• 1 month later...
Piuttosto personalmente farei una riflessione, e cioè quanto conviene adesso investire su questa mappa con la Channel Map alle porte, cioè un'altra mappa realizzata dalla ED e non da una terza parte come la Normandia, che da quanto si è visto in quello che hanno fatto vedere è davvero di un'altra categoria per qualità, ecc..., presumibilmente per non dire quasi una certezza quando uscirà chi vola WWII migrerà senz'altro su quest'ultima e probabilmente la Normandia farà la fine del Nevada..

Beh, personalmente il Nevada ce l'ho e non evito di consigliarlo solo perchè non è molto usato in multiplayer, anche perchè lo trovo una bellissima mappa anche per un eventuale uso civile / elicotteristico; insomma a me piace molto! Non ho invece la Normandy, per quanto non mi dispiacerebbe provare dcs ww2, ma in questo caso vale il discorso di falcoblu: probabilmente aspetterò la channel map e il p47, considerato anche che gli aerei alleati attualmente presenti sono più votati all'AA ed a me invece diverte di più l'AG; ciò non toglie che se decidessi comunque di provare la ww2 sfruttando gli sconti attuali finirei per prendere la normandy, a maggior ragione se poi non occupa troppo spazio sull'ssd.

Beh, personalmente il Nevada ce l'ho e non evito di consigliarlo solo perchè non è molto usato in multiplayer, anche perchè lo trovo una bellissima mappa anche per un eventuale uso civile / elicotteristico; insomma a me piace molto! Non ho invece la Normandy, per quanto non mi dispiacerebbe provare dcs ww2, ma in questo caso vale il discorso di falcoblu: probabilmente aspetterò la channel map e il p47, considerato anche che gli aerei alleati attualmente presenti sono più votati all'AA ed a me invece diverte di più l'AG; ciò non toglie che se decidessi comunque di provare la ww2 sfruttando gli sconti attuali finirei per prendere la normandy, a maggior ragione se poi non occupa troppo spazio sull'ssd.

Se la volessi prendere occupa 14GB da sola più 3GB circa l'asset pack.

Cmq io la trovo fatta davvero molto bene e sinceramente non capisco chi la bistratta cosa ci trova di fatto male... Non ho nessun calo di fps o problemi vari, si comporta come tutte le altre mappe...

Edited by Viper79

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde