F-86F - Every Man a Tiger mini Campaign

catt42

Hello everybody,

this is my first attempt at making a SP campaign. It’s set in 1957 at Nellis AFB and puts the player in the boots of a Fighter Weapons School student.

attachment.php?attachmentid=175987&d=1515732485

The missions are heavily scripted, so please make sure that you closely follow the instructions. It comes with the following features:

• 4 SP missions.
  • 10 custom NDBs for navigation.
  • Documentation including mission orders and maps.
  • Custom kneeboards with mission orders.
  • 230 voice-overs.

Many aspects are at an amateur level, that’s because I had no idea of what I was getting into at first, and I started worked on dialogs way before completing the research phase (which took about 7 months). As I started learning about tactics, radio procedures, aviation in general and LUA scripting, I realized my mistake, but I couldn’t change much without trashing the voice-overs that were already done (and other people’s free work can’t be trashed).

attachment.php?attachmentid=175988&d=1515732485

Anyway, I believe that this campaign can still be fun and contains some interesting features. I also included some of the books that I used for research in the download. Hope you enjoy it!

I thank Datek, Feefifofum and MasterZelgadis for the help, patience, suggestions and voices that they provided. I appreciated it.

Download it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3111981/

***F-86F and NTTR modules are required.

Immagine1.thumb.jpg.162cb959f912eb14b857b00bd639b3e6.jpg

252608356_NTTRMAP.thumb.jpg.4efa4208728d1435165ea44e4c78c4ca.jpg

Edited by catt42
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you very much. Really enjoyed the missions, recommend to anyone interested in the F-86.

Question: the Gass Peak Departure and Recover are they based on anything historical?

Regards,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad to hear that you liked it.

The departure and recovery procedure aren't historical, I couldn't find much material from the 50s. I tried to create something easy enough for the navigation equipment of the Sabre.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• 5 months later...

I posted this on the download page but this might be a better place to give it visibility. Thanks catt42! :)

"

Thanks so much for this great campaign! I find it really immersive.

However I can't progress from M02. After the first engagement (the 3000' one) the leader orders to rejoin and go back to Mt Irish. It starts to orbit at a really low speed (about 120kt) . I fly close to him but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Also a small suggestion for M01. As I understand it, the prison is the visual reference for Nixon, however the trigger zone does not include it. I find this quite confusing and that lead me to a failed mission. Maybe the zone should be a bit bigger?

"

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I posted this on the download page but this might be a better place to give it visibility. Thanks catt42! :)

"

Thanks so much for this great campaign! I find it really immersive.

However I can't progress from M02. After the first engagement (the 3000' one) the leader orders to rejoin and go back to Mt Irish. It starts to orbit at a really low speed (about 120kt) . I fly close to him but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Also a small suggestion for M01. As I understand it, the prison is the visual reference for Nixon, however the trigger zone does not include it. I find this quite confusing and that lead me to a failed mission. Maybe the zone should be a bit bigger?

"

Hi, I'm really glad that you liked it and I'm sorry for the late reply, as I don't get notifications when someone post on the download page.

Anyway the navpoint Nixon is not on the prison but right to the north, on the other side of highway 95. You should be able to see it on the map.

Regarding the problem you noticed in mission 2, it's probably because the way Dcs handles tasks since is pretty bugged since 2.1, and when you issue a task using a lua script, AI goes somehow stupid and wont execute anything issued via the mission editor.

Fixing the issue would mean rewriting the whole mission and frankly it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, as it was my first experiment , I would probably have a very hard time understanding what I meant with the code that I wrote at the time.

Anyway I'm currently working on a similar campaign for the mig-21, you can find an example here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206758

Inviato dal mio S2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for your candid reply. I understand. I will give it another try to see how it goes and I'll make sure to try your 21 mission too. Looks cool!

Hi, I'm really glad that you liked it and I'm sorry for the late reply, as I don't get notifications when someone post on the download page.

Anyway the navpoint Nixon is not on the prison but right to the north, on the other side of highway 95. You should be able to see it on the map.

Regarding the problem you noticed in mission 2, it's probably because the way Dcs handles tasks since is pretty bugged since 2.1, and when you issue a task using a lua script, AI goes somehow stupid and wont execute anything issued via the mission editor.

Fixing the issue would mean rewriting the whole mission and frankly it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, as it was my first experiment , I would probably have a very hard time understanding what I meant with the code that I wrote at the time.

Anyway I'm currently working on a similar campaign for the mig-21, you can find an example here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206758

Inviato dal mio S2 utilizzando Tapatalk

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

• 3 years later...

Just recently downloaded this campaign and played mission 1. A fantastic first mission, hopefully more to come in the next 3.

You can see a video of my 2nd attempt at mission 1 here: 

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png