RAZBAM MiG-19

OverStratos

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were to get the MiG-19p and s, any possibility of an additional MiG-19pm in an even farther future? I know I'm just asking and asking for moar, MOAR MiG-19!

I wouldn't imagine that making 3 variants would be too difficult. Maybe as difficult as adding the radar variant of the AV-8B? The avionics of that time would be much simpler, but I'm probably asking fot too much.

Anyways 2 variants will be more than enough for me, and if we were to get 2, I would prefer the option you have chosen. The MiG-19s would offer a lighter missile-less aircraft for dogfighting, and the MiG-19p would offer a bit heavier all weather interceptor for sneaking and IR-ing in the mountains. And if we were to only get one, i would prefer the MiG-19p for it's bigger array of ordinance and all-weather capabilities.

So in short, I like the way you decided to do things. Thanks for bringing such an awesome bird to life in DCS!

AFAIK no one confirmed the "S" variant. :(

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

So glad this forgotten jet is being made. No one ever really talks about it since it's the transition between two iconic soviet fighters: the MiG-15 and 21. F-5s will have a tough time turnfighting this thing once it gets released.

If we were to get the MiG-19p and s, any possibility of an additional MiG-19pm in an even farther future? I know I'm just asking and asking for moar, MOAR MiG-19!

I wouldn't imagine that making 3 variants would be too difficult. Maybe as difficult as adding the radar variant of the AV-8B? The avionics of that time would be much simpler, but I'm probably asking fot too much.

Anyways 2 variants will be more than enough for me, and if we were to get 2, I would prefer the option you have chosen. The MiG-19s would offer a lighter missile-less aircraft for dogfighting, and the MiG-19p would offer a bit heavier all weather interceptor for sneaking and IR-ing in the mountains. And if we were to only get one, i would prefer the MiG-19p for it's bigger array of ordinance and all-weather capabilities.

So in short, I like the way you decided to do things. Thanks for bringing such an awesome bird to life in DCS!

Definitely would like to have more variants if it isn't too much to ask. You know what they say, the more the merrier!

Found some cool photos and thought I'd share them here :thumbup::

MiG-19 aerial refueling through the wingtip.

9wkBSeu.jpg

MiG-19 SM-12 prototype (it's not a MiG-21). Almost like the 19 and 21 had a baby.

mig_sm-12.jpg

mig_sm-12_1.jpg

mig_sm-12_2.jpg

sm12-3v.jpg

1415269517_sm-12.jpg

sm-12-3.jpg

Here's a link if you want to read more about it

http://www.aviastar.org/air/russia/mig_sm-12.php

Edited by AlQaholic

The best action in all circumstances: set your hopes as low as possible, so that you will be even more pleasantly surprised, or disappointed less, at what comes out in the end.

Though keeping expectations low with your amazing work really is hard, I will try and be even more blown away with the result!

This is just nit-picking, but note that i said: "If we were to get the MiG-19p and s," not, "when we get the MiG-19p and s." Like I said, just nit-picking. Sorry if I sounded too sure of that, time will tell if we get one or two of these awesome birds.

Those definitely are cool photos, thanks for sharing, ALQaholic!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Up to now, only MiG-19P.

Regarding the S I was thinking that it would be cool to have the best performing (and known) variant and a very powerful gunfighter, but those are only my thoughts. We have to see the possibility once the P is finished.

I know that many of you like the PM, but you need to understand that with that variant you will be restricted to only 4 underperforming missiles. No AG, no guns, it´s a very limited aircraft.

If we get another variant in addition to the MiG-19P, it should be the MiG-19SF since it is the same plane as the MiG-19S but with a better engine. According to this article (http://www.airvectors.net/avmig15_3.html) the MiG-19SF had 10% more dry thrust than the S version and a better afterburner system. Also the MiG-19PM is more of a gimmick plane than anything else.

Edited by AlQaholic

Up to now, only MiG-19P.

Regarding the S I was thinking that it would be cool to have the best performing (and known) variant and a very powerful gunfighter, but those are only my thoughts. We have to see the possibility once the P is finished.

I know that many of you like the PM, but you need to understand that with that variant you will be restricted to only 4 underperforming missiles. No AG, no guns, it´s a very limited aircraft.

Ok, good to have it cleared up!

So we are getting the most desirable variant, at least for me, of an awesome aircraft. With the very small added possibility of getting a, better in BFM but less well rounded, variant as a bonus in the future. Sounds great to me!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

No AG

Actually, it could use its missiles in AG mode, a fun fact that little know. Not that it would be any accurate, but it worked.

System wise, it shouldn't be that different from P either.

But hey, it's a lot of work either way, I understand that ^^ keep up the good work, you guys are doing a really good job bringing this bird to life.

• 2 weeks later...
About the fantasy stuff, Kh-66 used exactly the same guidance system as RS-2us, which was the main armament of bis for "everyday use". So no, Kh-66 is not fantasy.

Bis NEVER used RS-2US because it could not. RP-22SMA (or 22 in general) in beam mode shoots two beams, one being offset a couple degrees down. The seeker of RS-2US and in fact KH-66 is adjusted for a single beam. Meaning that if fired, and you`d try to guide the missile, it would go like a pendulum between the two beams until it either flew completely off the gimbals of both beams, or only managed to stay with one. So no, it would not work.

Fantasy loadouts on Mig21Bis are following: RN-24/28, RS-2US, KH-66, SPS pod, Gunpods. These are confirmed both by devs and real life sources. Nothing to argue about.

Enough derailing.

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

Last post is almost 10 months ago! Tell me this project is not dead... Waiting eagerly to add this plane to my missions.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Bis NEVER used RS-2US because it could not. RP-22SMA (or 22 in general) in beam mode shoots two beams, one being offset a couple degrees down. The seeker of RS-2US and in fact KH-66 is adjusted for a single beam. Meaning that if fired, and you`d try to guide the missile, it would go like a pendulum between the two beams until it either flew completely off the gimbals of both beams, or only managed to stay with one. So no, it would not work.

Fantasy loadouts on Mig21Bis are following: RN-24/28, RS-2US, KH-66, SPS pod, Gunpods. These are confirmed both by devs and real life sources. Nothing to argue about.

Enough derailing.

Im sorry bit this 1 bit has to be addressed and somewhat rectified.

There are sources that do say some Mig21 series are specially modified Or could be with the Nuclear panel and carry Nuclear ordinance like the rn24. Unlike someone il kindly list them.

http://www.mig-21.de/english/technicaldataarmament.htm

https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/244n-soviet-nuclear-bomb

This source specifically points out to a versions of Mig21's that carried nukes, One of them including a variation of the Mig21BIS ( Type 75N) The N representing the designation that its modded version ( addition of that associated avionics panel, and wiring of the center pylon for the nuke) capable of Nuclear carry.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=cK7vCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT72&lpg=PT72&dq=nuclear+capable+mig21%27s&source=bl&ots=U2jEk_zSF1&sig=S9gOJsA80z0xcWWHGuv7GzdM6Is&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEjeT5-LDaAhUk_4MKHeqeD7kQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=nuclear%20capable%20mig21's&f=false

You dont carry nukes , you dont get an avionics Panel with it and then its a "standard " Mig21BIS ( non N) nuke.

The Warpact exported versions of the Mig21BIs were the 75A. So you can nitpick all you want about miniscule differences, and the Mig21BIs not being 100% strickly 1 type of modification. but its in no way far fetched fantasy as you claim at least not when flying under USSR colors for the nuclear capability given the circumstances.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Nice wip pit pictures of the -19 on FB today, but as someone who over time gets any add-on just to support the whole DCS market, I'd rather get updates for stuff that I already paid for instead.

No one needs to explain the "EA is not for everyone" and the fact of parallel development processes to me, but devs need to be reminded daily that month- or even yearlong standstill on released unfinished stuff kills their reputation, trust in them, and enjoyment of their EA products.

*rant over*

Edited by Shadoga