DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hi Ciribob,

something is wrong with the keymap of SR.

keymap_error.jpg.12aedfe99bbf75cc5b77395c9b872609.jpg

I fly A-10C, and When I press the button 3 , none of the radio is selected. ARC-186 AM is selected if the button 4 is pressed while ARC-164 is selected if I press the button 5. ARC-186 FM couldn't be selected.

It is OK in the previous version.

Button 3 is for ARC-186AM, button 5 is for ARC-164 and button 2 is for ARC-186FM

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Hi Ciribob,

something is wrong with the keymap of SR.

[ATTACH]146370[/ATTACH]

I fly A-10C, and When I press the button 3 , none of the radio is selected. ARC-186 AM is selected if the button 4 is pressed while ARC-164 is selected if I press the button 5. ARC-186 FM couldn't be selected.

It is OK in the previous version.

Button 3 is for ARC-186AM, button 5 is for ARC-164 and button 2 is for ARC-186FM

Good spot! Thats because I reordered the Radios and the Intercom is now Radio 0... Will release an update now.

Thanks for reporting! Told you it was a big update and there might be bugs... :D

Edit: Fixed below - Thanks for reporting!!!

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Good spot! Thats because I reordered the Radios and the Intercom is now Radio 0... Will release an update now.

Thanks for reporting! Told you it was a big update and there might be bugs... :D

Edit: Fixed below - Thanks for reporting!!!

Thank you! I have update to 1.1.7.0 and everything is OK now : - )

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Bugs in the "guard section of the radios" of the lua regarding the Mi-8 and the Huey due to the "reorganization of the radios".

The KA-50 lacks the guard channel.

PM sent with the afected lines.

Ah bugger, thought I got them all... Will fix in the next hour ! Thanks for spotting :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Nice nice nice, are these different versions client/server compatible? Like 1.1.5.0 and 1.1.7.0? I was able to connect with 1.1.6.0 to a 1.1.5.0 server for example.

You'll probably be able to connect but only server and clients with version 1.1.6+ will be able to actually hear each other.

Apologies, I managed to make a mistake in the 1.1.7.0 release with the Guards frequencies. Update 1.1.8.0 imminent but third times a charm so fingers crossed I didnt break anything else... It was a big update in my defence :D

New Release - Version v1.1.8.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to use the installer to install / update or manually update.

Note: v1.1.6.0/ 1.1.7.0 - Versions were pulled due to reported input bug fixed in this release. Apologies for the inconvenience if you just updated! Thanks to RglsPhoto for the report and Tarres for the Guard Radio

Change Log:

• Added Overlay Encryption Controls
  • Ability to change encryption Key on F-15C, A-10A, Gazelle, Mirage
  • Encryption added to F-15C, A-10A, Gazelle, Mirage
  • Fixed Ping function to keep open audio channel
  • Rewrote audio handling to filter server-side - Better for bandwidth
  • Reduce Audio Sample to 16000hz - Better for bandwidth
  • Fixed Radio stutter for multiple radios receiving at once - I hope
  • Added new dedicated Intercom section ready for Gazelle Multicrew
  • Fixed Hawk Radio Names
  • Added C-101 incockpit radios
  • Mi-8 - Radio / Intercom (ICS) switch must be set to Radio!
  • Radio Receiving indicator will work if more than one radio is receiving
  • DCS in-game position synced to Clients - Ready for Distance + LOS calculations :thumbsup:
  • Increased SRS overall audio boost maximum
  • KA50 Volume for Radio taken from VHF Volume
  • Bug fixes for the installer
  • Radio auto transmits on connect so you don't have to press PTT before you can hear :)

This is quite a big release as many parts of the system have been rewritten or changed so please report if you have any bugs! The most important fix is Audio is now filtered server side so this release is much more bandwidth friendly. There is now a jitter buffer as well so you shouldn't have the stutter when receiving on multiple radios anymore either.

Attached a sceenshot showing you what position your radio selector needs to be in on the Mi8 to be able to transmit. Set the Radio/ICS switch Down to Radio :)

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Server Hosting Instructions

Run SR-Server.exe (no need to run installer or add scripts!) and make sure UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002 are open. It does NOT need to be on a PC running DCS.

As always - Please let me know if you have issues so I can help solve them! :)

Finally - I need your help!

If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

New Wiki

Thanks to Nossarian, there is now a Wiki here which will eventually be a central place for all documentation. Big thank you for the help! :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/wiki

1734767771_Mi8-radio.JPG.4f5d4491baf7fb332088be3445dee892.JPG

Current iteration is totally borked. PTT buttons are not working correctly, totally mixed up beyond recognition. Also, audio channel separation does not work properly or is also mixed up.

I'd uninstall and then reinstall from the link above to make sure you've got the latest version. Right click on the exe and go to properties to verify.

An earlier one I posted had an issue with radio selectors being off by one but the one above works fine.

Tested with a few people and not seeing that with 1.1.8.0

If you do have the latest version, make sure all the scripts are up to date as well in the scripts folder if you installed manually or you'll have issues.

Again scripts in Dcs/scripts will have 1.1.8.0 at the top of both scripts.

You can uninstall using the installer which'll also wipe the registry settings and clear anything broken there.

Let me know if you're still having issues after trying that :)

Edit: the sound separation I'll need to double check, there might be a bug there were only the first two radios have the settings apply? Is that what you're seeing? Won't be able to do a release for a few days if so, sorry.

Edited by Ciribob

Well, that's exactly what I did. I'll retry but it started after you distured our nice little final session. ;P

Sorry didn't have much time... :)

If you did it right after restart the version above is newer :)

It says 1.1.8.0. Any internal revision visible somewhere to compare?

On the properties? Then it's the latest. Try the other steps to make sure scripts are good and reset keybindings

Any word on when when the audio cues for secure voice in the A-10 will be implemented?

Thanks for all your hard work Ciribob!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Any word on when when the audio cues for secure voice in the A-10 will be implemented?

Thanks for all your hard work Ciribob!

I reckon I'll do it after the line of Sight and Distance calculations, so hopefully within the next two weeks time permitting.

Made some good progress on line of sight so I may actually do an interim release without distance limitations but with line of sight limitations :)

Found it. "Radio Switch works as PTT" was unchecked. In the aftermath it actually made sense it wasn't working. Still trying to check the audio channel issue.

Glad to hear its working fine. I might get time to do a release tonight that'll be a very small update adding the audio separation option to the intercom

The radio is working for the MiG- 21bis ? I could not make it work.

Thats a mistake in the lua, try the attached one. Thanks for reporting!

TAW SRS server is updated to 1.1.8.0. Set IP address in Simple Radio client to 37.59.10.136. You can play on any of our 4 servers. :pilotfly:

Thanks HiJack!

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

We were just testing SR now. 1.1.8.0. It appears the radio order is messed up in the "Settings". What you set doesn't correspond with the radio stack order or what you hear.

EDIT: We rolled back to the older version and the problem disappears.

Edited by Zomba

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

What is the Intercom for? L-39? And how does the encryption actually work? Couldn't find anything about these features.

Yes for the L-39 and soon to be for the Gazelle and any other multi-crew aircraft when its released. Check the first post for a bit of an overview of the encryption. Haven't had time to update the Wiki / Docs yet

We were just testing SR now. 1.1.8.0. It appears the radio order is messed up in the "Settings". What you set doesn't correspond with the radio stack order or what you hear.

EDIT: We rolled back to the older version and the problem disappears.

Yes its an off by 1 bug due to the radio re-ordering. I've fixed internally but I'm going to try to get the Line of Sight done so it will be fixed in that update.

Currently in 1.1.8.0

Radio 1 Seperation controls Intercom

Radio 2 Seperation controls Radio 1

Radio 3 Seperation Controls Radio 2 + 3

I'd recommend using 1.1.8.0 anyway as it has a load more fixes which hopefully outweighs this bug. Also means you'll be able to connect to any public server.

It was a very big update but apologies for not catching this!

Ciribob will you be adding filters to have that static sound when talking to other players?

Eventually, need to find out how various radios sound when transmitting :)

• Like 2