Closed Beta Forum?

Zakk

Anyone know where this secret highly classified forum is? I cut my left nut off for this game and want to be with the rest of the broke simmers.

why would there bea closed beta forum when this is an open beta

MSI Z170A G45, 32 GB DDR 4, 1080ti, I7 6700k, Trackir5, Warthog HOTAS. Microsoft FF2 Sidewinder

This is what is stated in my purchased area of A-10 "Please register at forums.eagle.ru to access a closed Beta forum."

And the following is from here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

"Pre-purchase of "DCS: A-10C Warthog" also provides access to Beta versions of the game and access to a closed Beta forum. Betas will be updated during development."

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

:helpsmilie: "Zakk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

E-mail addresses on DCS site and forums should be the same for correct user recognition. Please make sure you have the same e-mail's and after this go to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en and the push "Request access to a closed Beta forum" button.

:thumbup:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Once your email addresses match, and you've received and clicked on the link in the email address change confirmation email the forums generate, go to the download page for the game on digitalcombatsimulator.com and the link to the forums will have been replaced by a button you can use to get access to the beta forum.

Ok, i've matched my email address. Jumped through all the surprise hoops and such. Nothing works. No magic button appears. This is just craziness. Being a forum admin myself, I feel for the malay of insanity the moderators must be enduring right now because of this ultra wacky process we are being asked to do in order to access a beta forum.

As a usability engineer I have to point out that this workflow is completely unexpected. The problems and posts about this are not because we're all daft. It is because what we are being asked to do is completely out of the blue.

Instead, why not just provide purchasers of the beta with a code or a link to a hidden forum? What's with all the email address malarky?

Whoever set this up set up our moderators to work overtime, and for no reason. I feel your pain guys. I'm giving up now. Going to bed. Hopefully by morning I'll have access to this mystery forum.

Sim looks great though! I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it.

Edited by Smoky

Day 2. Still nothing here. No button.

It would be helpful if we could get a response of some sort. "We're working on it." or "It's not working correctly." etc so we know we're not skipping one of the mystery steps in this mystery process to reach the mystery forum. :D

Otherwise we'll just keeping posting and posting because we don't know what's going on.

I know the mods have jumped in to post links, but often that's the only reply we get. Sometimes it is a link to the forum where the help-thread is itself posted, which is very confusing. Sometimes the link that is posted is dead. Sometimes the link that is posted is to the very forum none of us can access.

1. Log in to your account at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

2. Click on the Payments button in the left hand menu.

3. Link for the forum activation will be displayed under your serial number for DCS: 10C Warthog.

If the text says "Open a closed Beta forum" then you already have access to the forum.

If it says something about registering at the forum, then your email address at the DCS site is different than your forums email address. Change one or the other so they match (for forums: User CP, Your details; for DCS site, click the Profile button).

Third option is that it'll give you a link or button to use to activate your forum access. Do that, and your forum account will be granted permission to view the open beta forum.