Why delete harmless birthday thread?

Grimes

I know ruggbutt has rubbed some of the moderators the wrong way in the past, but why delete a thread wishing him a happy birthday? IMO, the birthday threads are part wishing someone a happy birthday and part recognition for a members contributions to the community whatever they may be. Rugg has contributed substantially to the community via is LockOn Machinema and aircraft textures. His texture work on the SimMod A-10 is a perfect public example of what he has done. Now I admit not every post in the thread basically said, "Happy Birthday Rugg!", however I would argue that it was 90% "happy birthday" and 10% "Other Ruggbutt related topics." Since that ratio is pretty accurate and the feelings the moderator team has for him, I would be perfectly ok with it if you had deleted the 10% of the posts. But no, you deleted the whole thing. Seriously, you dislike him that much that you must delete anything positive said about him? Grow up. It was wishing him a happy birthday, apparently goodwill is dead.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have to say I agree with Grimes and I think this thing has gone bit too far... why can't this be forgotten, after all issues that made all this resentments happened years ago? And I have another serious question... what happens when someone who is banned on these forums (for example Ruggbut or Cali) pre-purchases DCS A-10C, does that person get granted access to beta forums?

No longer active in DCS...