THANK YOU BIG TIME!

GazAce

Hey there good people

I've only had Open Beta for a week or so now and I must say it's absolutely beautiful, I'm so impressed and experienced only minimal probs. I wish to send out a big thanks of appreciation to ED and all the Devs incl 3rd Party Devs, Testers and all who helped to create and bring this fantastic version forward and those tireless unsung hero peeps here in the Forum who help with answering questions and queries from comrades like me. I also want to send out a big thank you for incorporating a new A-10C Sturmovik campaign within this new Open Beta, I so love campaigns and I'm just about to embark on it after I finish this little speil. I'm also really enjoying these really nice textures, landscapes and graphics and not to mention the awesome new explosions. I've put together a few missions already and found no dramas at all and It's a real pleasure to slide all my settings to the right and max everything else out, and personally I reckon this vers actually performs better than the last one and I'm sure it will only get better as more issues are resolved. I really think this is a great achievement and I hope more peeps like me just have a little think of how much work and effort must go into something like this. Remember this is no multi bagillion $ outfit like EA, Ubisoft, Lucas etc that virtually has unlimited resources and 1K plus teams. Anyway without getting too bogged down in all that. I only wanted to say thank you big time to all concerned and show my appreciation here in the Forum with this post.

Cheers, peace out

Gaz thumbup.gif

Edited by GazAce
  • Like 3

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Thought you would like it Gazace.

Well said, I couldn't agree more with your comments, you have a great attitude.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

For real, I've been feeling this way, but that was definitely put the right way. I had some issues early on, but I am 99.9% sure it was the system I was running. Now...oh my. If I could add some "feel"; G forces, etc., I would almost not know I wasn't really doing it.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Long time DCS user though I did have my modules dormant.

So saw all the fuss about 2.5 and decided to reinstall on my iMac as it's the only computer I have at home at the moment.

Wasn't expecting a great deal given that an iMac is effectively a lap top with a 27" screen, so no real graphics card just a 680MX chip.

Anyways, I must say that I'm very impressed with just how well DCS works on such a machine. I get smooth, fast tracking with my TrackIR, the graphics are far superior to what I remember but also the frame rates are pretty good considering.

In short I'm having a blast with 2.5 Beta, so take your time and get the 2.5 release absolutely right...:thumbup:

Hopefully when GPU prices normalise I'll be able to get the components together for a dedicated VR machine but until then I'll just carry on enjoying the fruits of your expertise.

Throwing random people in to help out will not help. A flight simulator of this magnitude takes some serious expertise and passion to develop, and familiarity with the code at this point is a must.

My sincere thanks for all the work that is going into this release. I'm sure it will pay off in the end!

I'm flying the eurodelta's Mirage 2000 and Viggen in NTTR 2.5, and it's an incredible experience indeed! Best sim ever! I often keep flying around after a mission until bingo just to enjoy the absolutely breathtaking Nevada scenery! As I am a photography afficionado I just cannot stop pressing the Printscreen button to take truly amazing shots!

gnP62Y95nhk_xMvsa1iu76cA6LB6G8KfD_40JG2x9bbM2nhVriXyf_4_gFf7uINODQMqgrIsJRcWBzjwrkmc-qQQdeT8icXo88d0i7-2EWZPgneANGg2JUvUv7wQ7bNCZfKRzHTS2h18wa5Si6vpCf7jbsJ8YoHN9-6CHCWDv0WfSSqjnaOXSGtVgG2FmU2_OJYJw97ljciJVHXsucPWywabSciKDUx6gonbdE2bi2NTFTeAyNZbHpXG7XBjjeNXfzZ-Gv4fS2meGuoB9k1-ucypDNVgxniFWNmccq08y5D2d_F__oTPOAF0Lfvwmk4zoOsmUQAbKb4JjaW0q30LrWRD2Vd7SBtxJDn3qRMVEo8jkhKs2VaC4N7AJSxkfXoJcRGKH3nqabPuFdkYFdQaehCU8laUhA0BWRsnui6iePnPGgx_S13XA218633vdmqp343VQp5GB0hiosfVUVgS080e5uEEwBX4pDxGYoLPwcBQRRCGnZyK-dW1fZdyo8QipIYMEakaYud5wfgYDtWomBkITVbxzP_9vGy3nK5qIlCkbTstnrjRl68oWSOESq_XIhDlwK_7kFuZ7aCaqGW6zO7-X3xJCpPr=w1623-h914-no

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I got the new release 2.5 it worked seamlessly through the process. Well done the new map..:thumbup:

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Some companies create content to earn fast $$$$

Flight Sim companies usually do it out of their personal love for Flight and then Money.

Combat Flight with Jets is something 99% of us won't ever experience IRL ... so we need to create a descent simulation like DCS.

I used to play LOMAC in early times, and now with 2.5 it's amazing how far this game has progressed.

I am new to DCS and I feel the same as OP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just played my first mission in 2.5 on the Caucasus with the trusty old su25a frog.

Really great first impression. New map looks awesome too.

Thanks!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On