Get a check trim warning after a landing on carrier.

tifafan

• 1 month later...

met same problem.

1# the problem appear after landing on carrier and later takoff again.

2# in my edit mission, BLT autopilot engaging will pull up 18's head.

after depress to disengage BLT AP, 18's rudder stay left and can not be moved by stick input. and pitch up untill crash. I fly same mission for month many times without any problem, untill yesterday. maybe another problem? maybe the same?

anyone met the same problem? how to resolve?

Thank you!

T/O trim always sets to 12 degrees. This is fine for normal runways, but it needs to be more on the carrier. In which case you have to manually add the rest after you push T/O trim button. There is a chart somewhere that states what trim is needed depending on weight. Personally I just put it to 16 and have no problem... gets rid of the check trim warning as well.

T/O trim always sets to 12 degrees. This is fine for normal runways, but it needs to be more on the carrier. In which case you have to manually add the rest after you push T/O trim button. There is a chart somewhere that states what trim is needed depending on weight. Personally I just put it to 16 and have no problem... gets rid of the check trim warning as well.

I fly same mission for month many times without any problem, untill yesterday. I did nothing change on that mission. why?

And, is the 2# problem in my post also caused by what you said?

please help

I fly same mission for month many times without any problem, untill yesterday. I did nothing change on that mission. why?

And, is the 2# problem in my post also caused by what you said?

please help

1. The check-trim warning always triggers when you don't have the trim set appropriately. Always check/set your trim based off the chart a few posts up on every carrier takeoff. Keep in mind that hot starts already have it set, but if you hot start, come back, land, and re-launch you will have to set it.

2. I don't know about this one. Are you perhaps holding down the disengage button? It also acts as the G-limit override when held down so that would cause issues... but even then that shouldn't result in what you described so idk.

Edited by Mad_Max2

• 2 months later...

Check Trim warning how to reset?

The check trim warning is present in the DDI.. this presents a problem when trying to view the bottom setting or what ever information is in the lower left of the DDI The point is; I can not figure out how to reset or just make that warning go away! any help?

16th mojeaux out!

Edited by Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The check trim warning is present in the DDI.. this presents a problem when trying to view the bottom setting or what ever information is in the lower left of the DDI The point is; I can not figure out how to reset or just make that warning go away! any help?

16th mojeaux out!

Make sure your trim is 16-19 depending on weight.

16th mojeaux out!

This indicator is due to the lack of proper trim on the a/c prior to take off. Hitting the T/O trim button is not enough as that only sets your trim to 12° nose up. Takeoff trim settings are based off of the current weight of the a/c prior to takeoff. You can find your current a/c weight by selecting the cheklist (CKHKLST) page on any one of your DDI's. I have included a trim chart for reference.

If you forget to trim properly and you get this warning while airborne you can reset it by:

1) Reduce speed to 250kts (or less).

2) Set flaps to full and lower your gear.

3) Press and hold the trim reset button until TRIM ADVISORY is displayed on the DDI and it should remove the warning.

4) Clean up the jet and continue flying.

Weights.JPG.a173cb4a64d6bdbdf8d989d0abbca94d.JPG

Edited by Layzie

• 2 weeks later...

hi all. i'm having this issue as well but during flight. i have tried changing my trim up and down but the trim warning and "master caution" light stays on. is there a way to reset the trim?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Maybe you could read the post immediately above yours, for a clue?

you know maybe i could! :doh:

next question is what is the trim reset button. i tried searching the controls for "reset" but didn't see it

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

See Chuck’s F/A-18C Guide for a plethora of information. The Trim is located on the left panel just behind the throttles.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212282

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

you have to see how everyone's instructions are confusing. i get it now, but there are two buttons very close to each other. neither of which are "Trim Reset"

1) T/O Trim Button

2) FCS Reset Button

in the above instructions it says:

"3) Press and hold the trim reset button"

i know now he meant the T/O Trim Button. mystery solved!

Takeoff trim for carrier is minimum 16 not 12 , therefor the warning :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This.

That's right out of the NATOPS.

Yep minimum 16 :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"