59th Ravens HARRIER EVENT ( The Jack Jackson Exercise)

=DECOY=

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AwesomestMaximus

UTC+02:00

A-10C

i7-6700K || 64 GB DDR4 || GTX TITAN X 12 GB || TM Warthog HOTAS ||

TheAwesomePedals || OpenTrack-Custom clip || Logitech G13 and G35

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

Caucasus | Nevada NTTR | Persian Gulf

If you can build it why not!!!

Just to make sure, that I do understand this correctly, we will take off or airstart, armed with bombs rockets and gun and then expend the stores in listed way right ?

So we will do the strafing run with rockets and bombs still attached ?

And the sooner we have the gun ammo amount the better ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Just to make sure, that I do understand this correctly, we will take off or airstart, armed with bombs rockets and gun and then expend the stores in listed way right ?

So we will do the strafing run with rockets and bombs still attached ?

And the sooner we have the gun ammo amount the better ! :D

Air start due to timing and to stop load out changes

Follow to:

WP1 for gun run

WP2 for rockets

Wp3 for bombs

Wp4 to land

Stores list will be posted later aswell as a demo video showing the route and targets

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Boys I gotta withdraw. Forgot we had plans that day. (159th_Scooter)

Have fun! :pilotfly:

Thanks for letting us know :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Air start due to timing and to stop load out changes

Follow to:

WP1 for gun run

WP2 for rockets

Wp3 for bombs

Wp4 to land

Stores list will be posted later aswell as a demo video showing the route and targets

I recommend to up the percentage on the ammo load for the mirage to 15%.

Due to the double cannon setup ammo load gets rounded to the next lowest even load.

So 14% is actually 34 rounds and 15% puts the mirage at 36 rounds equal to the gsh301 equipped planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recommend to up the percentage on the ammo load for the mirage to 15%.

Due to the double cannon setup ammo load gets rounded to the next lowest even load.

So 14% is actually 34 rounds and 15% puts the mirage at 36 rounds equal to the gsh301 equipped planes.

Interesting, That i didnt know.

Thank you

Order of battle has been added to Post 2, if you wish to change your plane please edit your registration post.

Mission will hopefully be uploaded shortly for practice

Thank you

2 more questions came up during discussion with other pilots who signed up.

Does 1 pass per target literally mean you get one run in and no further runs, if not all munitions have been expended, or is one allowed to basically drop singleton mk82 and do 2 approaches on WP3 ?

Same for rockets, are multiple single burst passes allowed within stores limits or is it viggen style empty all stores in one go per target ?

Also for the bomb deviation from target calculation, will be the last bomb position in the game world be taken for that or the closest passing point to the vehicle ?

Because if you put retarded fuze on it does pass the target and moves away from the vehicle again. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 more questions came up during discussion with other pilots who signed up.

Does 1 pass per target literally mean you get one run in and no further runs, if not all munitions have been expended, or is one allowed to basically drop singleton mk82 and do 2 approaches on WP3 ?

Same for rockets, are multiple single burst passes allowed within stores limits or is it viggen style empty all stores in one go per target ?

Also for the bomb deviation from target calculation, will be the last bomb position in the game world be taken for that or the closest passing point to the vehicle ?

Because if you put retarded fuze on it does pass the target and moves away from the vehicle again. :)

Good questions,

In regards to your runs, we will have 5 pilots within a 20 min slot. Due to timing, conducting a single run on each target is the aim.

However if a failed weapons release occurs you are ok making a 2nd pass on a target, simply speak to the Ref who is in game with you. Due to the length of the competition we have to keep timing tight.

We will be providing the actual mission shortly for you to practice during this coming week. as well as a video showing the run and scoring system.

In regards to the bomb / rocket impacts, each bomb / rocket you use will score on your table. the closest is the one that counts.

So for example lets say you launch all your rockets, with a range from bulls of say 1 meter to 10 meters. The closest rockets ( the 1 Meter one) will count as your final rocket score)

same for the bombs, lets say the 1st is 4 meters from the bulls and the 2nd is 7 meters from bulls. The first bomb (4 meter one) is the final Bomb score

The scoring is based on impact on the target , not explosion. so even a practice round will create a score.

I Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.