Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #111
Thadiun Okona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
Hi guys!

Regarding the MongoosT-50 brake lever, it is an axis only, no physical button is present. But is it interpreted as a button by the TM Warthog base and can be configured as an axis/button on the MongoosT-50 base!

That's correct. Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!

People who pre-order the MongoosT-50 grip will also be first in line for the MongoosT-50 base and receive preferential pricing!

It is free to be added onto the pre-order list. We will be contacting all pre-order customers in the near future to confirm all details.

The prices are excluding customs and local taxes. In the future we will be opening additional distribution centers, the first of which will be in the EU and prices will be adjusted accordingly.

At first we will be shipping from Belarus via EMS. I'll be able to confirm the weights/shipping info etc etc in the near future so this will all become clear before payment is taken!
Does it use a pot with a rotary momentary switch built into it or is this something that is processed on the pcb? Having looked at the drawing again I see it was the lower spring catch I thought was a microswitch is really just part of the grip body.
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #112
FeistyLemur

So, the grip + TMW adapter allows you to use the grip on the warthog base? Would this then also work on the BRD-N with WH adapter which the WH grip directly attaches to and works with?
FeistyLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:17 AM   #113
Winston 60

Regarding the VPC Mongoos T-50 Base & Mechanics, from the Virpil website: "The maximum stick deflection is 15º+15º on both axes which provides a sufficient travel range for high levels of accuracy without compromising practicality".

Now this seems perfect for center mounted use with an extension, but does this seem enough deflection to use this base/gimbal with a side mounted stick/no extended handle?

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit
VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti
FTW
MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080
MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit
GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset
Winston 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #114
McMicha

Hello Cypher,

is there MongoosT-50 grip without Warthog adapter and electronics to buy?

I want to build the with a Leo Bodnar, or similar controller, to a Microsoft SideWinder FFB2.

What are additional costs (taxes, shipping costs) when the handle is delivered to germany?

Micha
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software
Deutscher Forums Thread
English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM
McMicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #115
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadiun Okona View Post
Does it use a pot with a rotary momentary switch built into it or is this something that is processed on the pcb? Having looked at the drawing again I see it was the lower spring catch I thought was a microswitch is really just part of the grip body.
Nope no switch, it's processed by the PCB. There's quite a bit of clever electrical wizardry going on thanks to mega_mozg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyLemur View Post
So, the grip + TMW adapter allows you to use the grip on the warthog base? Would this then also work on the BRD-N with WH adapter which the WH grip directly attaches to and works with?
I can't say for sure as I don't have a BRD base to test with. I've passed this on to our engineers who should be able to provide a solid answer soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston 60 View Post
Regarding the VPC Mongoos T-50 Base & Mechanics, from the Virpil website: "The maximum stick deflection is 15º+15º on both axes which provides a sufficient travel range for high levels of accuracy without compromising practicality".

Now this seems perfect for center mounted use with an extension, but does this seem enough deflection to use this base/gimbal with a side mounted stick/no extended handle?
As the VPC MongoosT-50 is designed to be a high-end, professional flightstick, you've correctly stated that it is perfect for center mounting with an extension!

However, I don't feel as though the stick is hindered in anyway when used as a sidestick or without the extension. Of course there is an element of subjectivity and personal preference with these things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMicha View Post
Hello Cypher,

is there MongoosT-50 grip without Warthog adapter and electronics to buy?

I want to build the with a Leo Bodnar, or similar controller, to a Microsoft SideWinder FFB2.

What are additional costs (taxes, shipping costs) when the handle is delivered to germany?

Micha
Unfortunately the VPC MongoosT-50 grip will not be sold without the electronics.

I will PM you some estimates on the shipping to prevent this thread getting flooded with shipping estimates to different countries!

More solid figures on shipping etc will be confirmed with all our pre-order customers in the near future.

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Last edited by Cyph3r; 01-20-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #116
bouncerj21

Hi

Really interested in this product. Will there be any video's published showing features ?

Especially how the Dual-stage Trigger and Folding Trigger work and are recognized ?

Thanks
bouncerj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #117
Aviators

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncerj21 View Post
Hi

Really interested in this product. Will there be any video's published showing features ?

Especially how the Dual-stage Trigger and Folding Trigger work and are recognized ?

Thanks
+1
Old 01-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #118
MPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!
Is this the only TM Warthog adapter that is planned? Or will there be an adaptor to go the other way, i.e. use the TM Warthog handle on the Mongoos base?

Apologies if this has already been answered, I haven't been through the whole thread yet.
MPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #119
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK View Post
Is this the only TM Warthog adapter that is planned? Or will there be an adaptor to go the other way, i.e. use the TM Warthog handle on the Mongoos base?
Answer in the first topic message - at end (announcement #6):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180448
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #120
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncerj21 View Post
Hi

Thanks
We'll be working on getting a video together very soon!

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc