Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #101
Cyph3r

17th January 2017 // Announcement No. 06
► VPC Pre-Orders Now Open! (And a Special Announcement!)

VPC are now accepting pre-orders!

Available to pre-order:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter
• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)
• VPC Desk Mount
- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)

We are offering a huge 15% discount for our pre-order customers. VPC Founders Club Members also receive an additional 5% discount on all purchases - including pre-orders! Sign up at www.virpil.com before February 1st to join.

We would also like to remind all our pre-order customers that liking and following the VirPil Controls Facebook page will automatically enter you into our prize draw for a chance to win your pre-order!

All pre-order customers will be contacted in the near future to confirm their order.

https://virpil.com/en/preorder

Pre-orders close on 31.01.2017!

**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**

Due to a high volume of requests - and our determination to provide the Flight Sim community with the best solutions possible, VPC are very pleased to announce we will be providing a TMW Grip adapter and cams set for the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

The TMWM Grip adapter and cams set will be available in March just in time for the release of the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

Stay tuned for more info at www.virpil.com

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Last edited by Cyph3r; 01-17-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #102
ram0506

Great decision to provide an adapter for the Warthog.
I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift CV1
ram0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #103
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram0506 View Post
Great decision to provide an adapter for the Warthog.
Agreed! Makes my decision tougher now...

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #104
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
Weird as in rather impractical as it might get in the way of the axis.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=61
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #105
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post
That doesn't say there's a physical button; it means you can configure the axis to act as an axis or as a key press through their software.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #106
Thadiun Okona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
That doesn't say there's a physical button; it means you can configure the axis to act as an axis or as a key press through their software.
I can assure you there is a physical button inside the grip, I've seen the drawings with my own eyes plus the designers of the stick/VPC have publicly stated as much when I and others asked.

The button is actuated at the end of the brake lever travel, similarly to how Warthog pinky paddle actuated, except this button is internal and a projected 'heel' strikes it and the mechanism is hidden from view. The entire lever travel is picked up by a potentiometer as well, but unless on the VPC base there is nothing to process the signal however the button stays active in either case.
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #107
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Well, a Shift Register board based on 3x CD4021 - like in TMW - is able to handle 24 buttons.

IN TMW is used 23, in T-50 seems 20 - considering the lever only a axis - so are more 4 buttons position possible to use.

For TMW base - due their axis limitation - is more cheap ad a extra switch pressed be lever simultaneous with pot than add a circuit for convert the analog input in (digital) button press.

But his is easy to do, was used for POV HAT in old TM FCS, due gameport buttons limitations the HAT is connected to a axis, though resistors dividing this axis in bands, the controller firmware translate this bands in HAT movements.

Today even the cheap MMJoy2 controller can handle up to 120 buttons.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #108
portman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
Available to pre-order:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter
• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)
• VPC Desk Mount
- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)
So I can't preorder the whole HOTAS right now? Which is the only thing that would make sense for me
portman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #109
tintifaxl

You could preorder the available parts now at a discount and buy the base later. Or you wait until the complete package is available and miss out on the discount.

As there is currently no info about delivery cost, customs and VAT, I will not preorder.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #110
Cyph3r

Hi guys!

Regarding the MongoosT-50 brake lever, it is an axis only, no physical button is present. But is it interpreted as a button by the TM Warthog base and can be configured as an axis/button on the MongoosT-50 base!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portman View Post
So I can't preorder the whole HOTAS right now? Which is the only thing that would make sense for me
That's correct. Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!

People who pre-order the MongoosT-50 grip will also be first in line for the MongoosT-50 base and receive preferential pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
You could preorder the available parts now at a discount and buy the base later. Or you wait until the complete package is available and miss out on the discount.

As there is currently no info about delivery cost, customs and VAT, I will not preorder.
It is free to be added onto the pre-order list. We will be contacting all pre-order customers in the near future to confirm all details.

The prices are excluding customs and local taxes. In the future we will be opening additional distribution centers, the first of which will be in the EU and prices will be adjusted accordingly.

At first we will be shipping from Belarus via EMS. I'll be able to confirm the weights/shipping info etc etc in the near future so this will all become clear before payment is taken!

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Last edited by Cyph3r; 01-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc