VEAO Spitfire Mk XIV Dev Diary

Pman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I've been a life long sufferer, no cure yet!

I can confirm VH-Rock is a spitfire rivet counter, I have the PM's to prove it :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you guys, appreciate all the feedback. DonJosh, the cockpit layout will be very familiar to you if you know the IX. Despite the radical exterior design changes, the Spitfire cockpit really didn't change all that much.

thx rock for your feedback

so it is possible to ask ED for there IX-cockpit and update it to the XIV version? :P or is your cockpit finished?

thx rock for your feedback

so it is possible to ask ED for there IX-cockpit and update it to the XIV version? :P or is your cockpit finished?

We have our own cockpit :)

With regards to loadout, we have modelled the E wing so we will definitely see hispanos and 50 cals. Further armament options will have to be confirmed by somebody more in the know than me, I'm just the texture artist :)

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

As Rock said we have our own assets so our cockpit will be a completely new model and not based on the ED Spitfire model.

Regarding payloads, at the moment I have not made the final call on pylon weaponary. When that decision has been made I will convey it :)

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Did Griffon engined Spitfires have a lockable tailwheel, by the way?

Looking good so far!

I don't believe so. It was described to me that the left foot went forward as quickly as the throttle on the Griffons. I'm struggling with the MkIX as it is!

I don't believe so. It was described to me that the left foot went forward as quickly as the throttle on the Griffons. I'm struggling with the MkIX as it is!

Left foot? Uh Oh...this could be trouble!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10