Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #81
Sarge55

Great mission, feedback during and after flight is very helpful.

Thanks Bankler

i7 3770K OC 4.4GHZ / H100 Cooler / 120GB & 240GB SSD's & 1TB HDD / ASUS Sabertooth MB / GTX 980 / 16GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog
Sarge55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:23 PM   #82
Bankler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy View Post
Bankler, this is brilliant; I never tried a carrier landing before tonight and landed 3 of 4 times (sloppy but on the deck). Between this exercise and Jabbers’ Case I recovery video I've got a much clearer understanding of the process.

Only suggestion for us noobs;
**give us a another 3-5 miles to get our TACAN and other shit together...display these details earlier and longer.
**set the DDIs up for landing; I can't imagine any reason to prepare for a landing with the radar and store mgmt page being displayed

Thank you so much for your efforts, this is greatly appreciated and a supreme example of how good this DCS community is at helping others by sharing their experience and talents.
Thanks a lot for the nice words and feedback. Much appreciated!

Regarding the cockpit setup. Are you running the newest version (2.0.0)? In this version the cockpit should be setup automatically. HSI scale, TCN, CRS line, Hook override, anti-skid off, rdr alt. The only thing you need to do yourself is lower the hook.

It only works in SP (and for the host in MP) and only right after loading the mission. So if you're playing single player and trap, but don't wanna take off but instead start over from behind the boat, please press ESC, Exit, and Fly Again to reload the mission. If you just pick another slot, the auto-cockpit-setup won't happen.
Bankler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:03 AM   #83
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankler View Post
VERSION 2.0.0

Hi guys!

First of all, thank you so much for all the love and feedback! So happy that you guys enjoy the mission! More than 600 of you have downloaded version 1.0.0 and I think that's incredible!

I decided to make some updates (and I might have some more stuff coming). You can now download version 2.0.0 in the Original Post.

Shoutouts to Jabbers and Lex for awesome feedback. Also big thanks to funkyfranky on the Moose team for all the help!

CHANGE LOG

* For SP (and for the host in MP) the cockpit is now automatically setup when you start the mission (not after changing slot). You still need to lower the hook, and tweak the radar alt settings as you require.
* Allowing more distance from the boat when upwind, which should eliminate some uncalled-for aborts.
* Now looking at the glideslope angle, rather than the altitude when determining how well you perform when entering the groove. Aim for 3.5 degree glideslope instead of 300 feet altitude.
* Moved the ships on the port and starboard side of the carrier farther out, so you don't get into the habit of using them as visual cues.
* Implemented rudimentary LSO callouts in the groove (text only for now).
* The boat will now turn and go back south after around 4 hours, making the mission suitable for hosted MP servers. (Thanks funkyfranky for the assistance!)
* Moved the whole mission further east, so you can see some land in the distance as you fly.
* Renamed Upwind to Break Entry.

Enjoy!
Appreciated!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #84
Tundra

I fly VR and the feedback is manageable during the pattern; let´s say it´s a bit offset.
However, for the "get back 4 miles and start again" command, I would like an audio tone or message so I don´t have to constantly check whether if I ruined it or not staring at the right upper zone.
I think this thing of the feedback message being posted a bit far of the center of view arear is only an issue for VR users.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:37 PM   #85
laumaya

Great mission

My score at the first landing 72/140

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #86
Bankler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I fly VR and the feedback is manageable during the pattern; let´s say it´s a bit offset.
However, for the "get back 4 miles and start again" command, I would like an audio tone or message so I don´t have to constantly check whether if I ruined it or not staring at the right upper zone.
I think this thing of the feedback message being posted a bit far of the center of view arear is only an issue for VR users.
That makes a lot of sense. I'll try adding some audio feedback for that. Thanks for the feedback!
Bankler is offline   Reply With Quote