NEW KA50 ??? > Ka-50Sh or Ka-50N

Hello,

I have a question, is a modernized version of the KA50 planned?

In DCS we have the basic version, but there are several that could revive interest in this magnificent helicopter.

Ka-50 Basic

1340067095-ka50_04.jpg

Ка-50Sh (or Ka-50Шin Russian), equipped with a FLIR turret for night ops and a Shkval for day ops... addition of GPS/GLONASS positioning systems, cockpit redesign, advanced navigation systems.

1340067094-hokum8_0.jpg

Ka-50N (or Ka-50H) new FLIR sighting system. (Russian name «Самшит-50Т»)

1340067095-Ka-50n.jpg

Thank you for your response

• Like 1

There is nothing more I would love to see as a current KA-50 Pilot,,, but Im not holding my breath for that. Probably way to much other development occurring for that to happen.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hello,

No, it's not.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm willing to pay for this ka50 upgrade.

One can imagine a module like" DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: Mi-8MTV2".

It still won't happen.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guys you don't get it, do you ?

It is not if you are willing to pay for it, or even other people.

First of all not everyone shares your opinion... but besides that.

They can't just pull these features out of their a***s, it is not like they can just slap a flir camera on it and call it a day.

They need to have access to the documentation, which are most certainly not available.

It is not that simple to create a simulation, which ED is aiming to do. This is not an arcade game, where if they don't have the info for it they can improvise.

And, not it is not simple to create this stuff. If you want it so bad, go ahead and try to calculate the flight characteristics yourself, and even if you do it, don't forget to put it in code so it can be playable.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

If we were going to get anything along these lines, it would be a Ka-52, not a Ka-50 sub-variant.

There were only a couple dozen Ka-50s built in the first place and it's largely accepted as having been supplanted by the 52. It's almost, but not quite prototype level, and the subvariants would most DEFINITELY be prototypes.

Regardless, it's unlikely that even if they had the opportunity that they would devote the time, money, and general bs involved to making something so similar to an already existing aircraft, especially on a very old module (Ka-50 actually being their first)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'm personally happy with my KA-50 as is. They've done a phenomenal job creating and refining the bird. If they decide to put effort into creating a 2 seat attack chopper, I think my vote would go to the AH-64 instead of the KA-52. The notion does put a fear in me though. I will, very likely, lose my job and my marriage if ED puts out an Apache module.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

A FLIR would be nice. Were KA-50's upgraded to SHAR FLIR system?

KA-52, was procured as 50 airframe order. I think they were intended to be part of Russian Navy / Naval Infatry, and operate off now cancelled French built LHA type vessels. Russian Army and RuAF went with MI-28N Night hunter as main attack helicopter.

Afaik this is even more complicated, ED would need an allowance from the Russian authorities to do this, which is not gonna happen, from what we have been informed.

Only a non Russia-based developer team could do this but then without any detail information from the actual owner --> bad, not DCS style, not gonna happen, never. Pure guesswork has no right of existence in DCS World I may say. YOu would not find enough buyers and ED may never give their OK as well, if the model is too far off.

I wish there were more Ka-50's to choose from, I'd also pay, but I am realistic in my expectations knowing the circumstances a little.( from this forum ).

With the current political climate, this got even harder, next to 0 chance :(

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if there's any attack heli that would feature FLIR, RWR, LWR and maybe even a MWS that wouldn't be too contemporary to be classified.

AH-64-A, BlockII Last one was taken out of service July 2012. Im sure enough material is available and not classified. Capable of Night attack, not classified and has FLIR. Plus tandem now that two pilot modules are available.

I don't remember what day I lost my job, my house, my cars, or my wife. I don't even know if today is shower day.

I can tell you the launch date of DCS: AH-64 Apache though. Ahh what a glorious day!

Hey, does someone on your news crew have a sandwich or something? Yeah ok, I'll take off my VR goggles for a sandwich.

funny-camping-pictures-25.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

AH-64-A, BlockII Last one was taken out of service July 2012. Im sure enough material is available and not classified. Capable of Night attack, not classified and has FLIR. Plus tandem now that two pilot modules are available.

When you say block II what do you mean? The A models didn't really do blocks like that. More often they were referred to by engine or fire control computer modification number

Hello,

In DCS we have the basic version, but there are several that could revive interest in this magnificent helicopter.

DCS has a Modding Forum that used to be a lot of fun, even online. Guys made everything.

But the last couple years MP has a server side integrity check that limits certain mods use as "unfair advantage" .

Later Ka-50 development is tandem seating (side-by-side) !!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't remember what day I lost my job, my house, my cars, or my wife. I don't even know if today is shower day.

I can tell you the launch date of DCS: AH-64 Apache though. Ahh what a glorious day!

Hey, does someone on your news crew have a sandwich or something? Yeah ok, I'll take off my VR goggles for a sandwich.

My cats say I smell great! Walking in my neighborhood my cats always can find me, as to stink. The cats tend to know who the softies are as to free lunch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm speechless. I can't tell whether you're countering my joke with a wildly unrelated one, if you're mocking me, or if you might have a medical condition or a substance abuse problem. Regardless, you have my attention.

DCS has a Modding Forum that used to be a lot of fun, even online. Guys made everything.

i know that time, until the very vocal and very agressiv "Realism Police" arrived and kill all the fun :(

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

We don't care about how a HUD or an MFD is realistic or not. Kamov-50 is a prototype. Fact is that a prototype is produced to evolve considering the pilots feedback.

So when after 2000 h on it, I decide to change something on the HUD for example, I don't do it to cheat or anything but simply because after a long experience with the default system, practicing and practicing, I notice that something could be added to improve efficiency in combat, improve visibility of critical informations etc.

IRL it exactly works like this, engineer delivers the prototype, and then asks for feedbacks for stuff to improve. So the "realism police" can go *** itself, most of them didn't spend 10% the time I spent on the helicopter, learning everything, teaching it etc etc. When I spend time modding something, it is not to play more arcade or anything like this, but simply to fill the lacks of the prototype.

So Nero, we don't care about those guys, out there there are a lot of people who enjoy having new things on their Kamov, specially if they are well thought, practical, and efficient (Your former work on the Ka-50 overhaul was an impressive example). Personnally each time I mod something, would it be texture, system or else, I know that the ones who waited for it will be happy, and the others simply don't need to download.

That's not like if we painted pink panthers on the Shkval, we simply bring a prototype in a military form. Arguing about the fact that a prototype must not be modified is simply non sense.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

+ 1 :thumbup:

We don't care about how a HUD or an MFD is realistic or not. Kamov-50 is a prototype. Fact is that a prototype is produced to evolve considering the pilots feedback.

So when after 2000 h on it, I decide to change something on the HUD for example, I don't do it to cheat or anything but simply because after a long experience with the default system, practicing and practicing, I notice that something could be added to improve efficiency in combat, improve visibility of critical informations etc.

IRL it exactly works like this, engineer delivers the prototype, and then asks for feedbacks for stuff to improve. So the "realism police" can go *** itself, most of them didn't spend 10% the time I spent on the helicopter, learning everything, teaching it etc etc. When I spend time modding something, it is not to play more arcade or anything like this, but simply to fill the lacks of the prototype.

So Nero, we don't care about those guys, out there there are a lot of people who enjoy having new things on their Kamov, specially if they are well thought, practical, and efficient (Your former work on the Ka-50 overhaul was an impressive example). Personnally each time I mod something, would it be texture, system or else, I know that the ones who waited for it will be happy, and the others simply don't need to download.

That's not like if we painted pink panthers on the Shkval, we simply bring a prototype in a military form. Arguing about the fact that a prototype must not be modified is simply non sense.

Nicolas