Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Actually, I'd like to see ED pimping up the mesh for the coast, it reminds me so much of the current triangle mountains in caucasus...

I mean, Normandy is famous for the coasts, so please, there's still some room left ED...

• ED Team
Can we expect further paid content to operate in a similar way?

i.e. if I don't buy a module, will I be able to join a game that has that module active in its sever?

We hear you and understand where your concerns are coming from. Please understand though that if a player wants to join a mission, they must have the non-aircraft module(s) used in that mission (SP or MP). If they do not, they will be informed what they are missing and ideally a link to the download page. It is up to the player to purchase the module or not. We can only give so much away for free.

Because DCS World is a freeware product with modules/DLC as the sole source of revenue (which must be compensated for), this is the only practical option. This is particularly important as the product grows and more and more non-aircraft DCS modules are developed by 3rd parties that need to be separate purchases. This goes for any large development product with large manpower investments. It will be up to the players to decide what they do and do not purchase, how they wish to set up their missions, or which to join.

While we do realize that this is not a great solution (free low detail models, free client-only assets, and subscriptions pose greater problems and are not viable) for some, it is though the best solution.

Thanks

Edited by Wags

PS does this come down from steam when its available? automatic ?

or do I need to do something on a certain day ?

What you just purchased is incompatible with steam version of DCS. YOU will need DCS 2.0 from ED download page to use Normandy.

Edited by cthulhu68

Just so you know, if you've purchased modules through Steam they can be transferred over to work on ED DCS version, but anything bought through ED store cannot be used in Steam version.

On day of release you will need to simply download Normandy and then enter in Serial number provided in Email you should have received.

Edited by cthulhu68
  • Like 1

O darn .......here we go )-:

kind of going off the idea now, thanks for info cth

It is clearly marked as such.

steam_zps7o6ikr5b.png

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Of course.

Some WIP of the new Ormuz Asset Skin payware content

KMPlayer-2014-09-29-00-29-17-53_zps09gxgzla.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So when SoH comes out, will we have to pay for liveries for the Iraqi and Iranian air force?

What about units that fit that theater, will they be payed as well?

Business modules change all the time so, projecting a year or more down the road is kinda putting the Cart before the horse my friend.

S!

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you just purchased is incompatible with steam version of DCS. YOU will need DCS 2.0 from ED download page to use Normandy.

In your comment you mention that you'll need DCS 2.0 to use the Normandy map. I'm excited to pre-order the new map but don't have DCS 2.0 as flying over a desert (no matter how beautiful) doesn't really appeal, so I never bought Nevada. DCS 2.0's download page still says the Nevada map is required. Does this mean I'll have to buy Nevada in order to use Normandy? I really hope not as that doubles the price!

DCS 2.0's download page still says the Nevada map is required. Does this mean I'll have to buy Nevada in order to use Normandy? I really hope not as that doubles the price!

No, you will not have to buy NTTR. The v2 page just needs to be updated to reflect that you must own a terrain module to use it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In your comment you mention that you'll need DCS 2.0 to use the Normandy map. I'm excited to pre-order the new map but don't have DCS 2.0 as flying over a desert (no matter how beautiful) doesn't really appeal, so I never bought Nevada. DCS 2.0's download page still says the Nevada map is required. Does this mean I'll have to buy Nevada in order to use Normandy? I really hope not as that doubles the price!

You don't need Nevada just the free DCS 2.0 download.

Edit: twice in 5 minutes sniped by chichlidfan, he is just too quick.

Edited by Rangi
Sniped again....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Hot Shot was funny movie :megalol:

"recon reports the Indians are on the warpath over in your area...."

"the vultures are circling the carcass...."

"the pitbull is out of the cage...."

"the crips are raiding the liquor store..."

That movie was hilarious the first time around.

Now back on topic. Anxiously awaiting the Map release, woot! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I now own the Normandy map, does that mean that I can now download DCS 2.0 or will I need to wait for the map to be released?

You can download it it now but won't be able to use it until you install a terrain module in it.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

You can download it it now but won't be able to use it until you install a terrain module in it.

On that note, can we have a real distribution torrent setup from the start please. We don't need another NTTR download distribution episode now do we. :)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link