New here, have 2 questions about 2.5

=VARP=Ribbon

5-6 month ago i bought normandy map, spit, p51 and ww2 assets but didn't fly it much and uninstalled it due to shortage of free space on my ssd.

Now i'm impressed by the look of 2.5 version so i decided to give it a proper go.

Currently i'm downloading 2.5 beta and i have a few questions:

1.i'm interested in f18 but i have vkb gunfighter with kg12 grip modded for left hand (i'm lefty) so i'm still waiting for left hand version of vkb Modern combat grip, can i fly it with WW2 kg12 grip without being too unconfortable or should i wait L/H MCG to switch on modern jets?

2.Oh i want map from this video by any mean, so how it's called so i can purchase it?

Thank you!

Hello.

Sorry, I can't response on your first question.

You need different stick because you're left-handed? What about these pilots who are left handed too but they're flying on F-16 or Rafale ( stick is in the right site )?

What about right-handed captain in Airbus A320?

2 - this map is the new Caucasus map - it's in 2.5 beta instead of old map

Edited by Valium

correct. map is free and comes with 2.5 by default

No, it's in beta 2.5 at once.

The map is still the same - there's no any new airports but runways, buildings, hills look better.

There're new trees and there're a lot of them.

At this moment, there's problem with configuration, when you use MSAA especially.

those hills are main reason that got my attention, it looks sick good :pilotfly:

Thank you guys, that's pretty much all i wanted to know for now!

Now i'm impressed by the look of 2.5 version so i decided to give it a proper go.

Currently i'm downloading 2.5 beta and i have a few questions:

1.i'm interested in f18 but i have vkb gunfighter with kg12 grip modded for left hand (i'm lefty) so i'm still waiting for left hand version of vkb Modern combat grip, can i fly it with WW2 kg12 grip without being too unconfortable or should i wait L/H MCG to switch on modern jets?

I think only you could answer that, I am sure the joystick will fly the Fa-18 (Not released yet) fine, having lack of buttons may hinder you with complex systems management though.

2.Oh i want map from this video by any mean, so how it's called so i can purchase it?

Thank you!

Good news is that is the new Caucusas map that you get for free with DCS 2.5, now with millions of trees amongst other things.:thumbup:

To see mission like that, you can create new mission with a start Date in the following months:

• Summer (Bright Sun) is in June with temp of 10c to 30c
  • Autumn (Brown leaves) is in Sept
  • Winter (Snow) is in Dec with temp of -15c to 0c.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I think only you could answer that, I am sure the joystick will fly the Fa-18 (Not released yet) fine, having lack of buttons may hinder you with complex systems management though.

Good news is that is the new Caucusas map that you get for free with DCS 2.5, now with millions of trees amongst other things.:thumbup:

To see mission like that, you can create new mission with a start Date in the following months:

• Summer (Bright Sun) is in June with temp of 10c to 30c
  • Autumn (Brown leaves) is in Sept
  • Winter (Snow) is in Dec with temp of -15c to 0c.

Regards, Ian.

yeah that's what i meant, lack of buttons on the grip (english is not my native language).

Thank's for the pointers, winter map is what i'll try first!

Ribbon - as another new player coming from BOS/Clod I can certainly say that the MCG will provide you with much more functionality and immersion than the WW2 Grip. There is a lot a stuff that falls instinctively to your thumb that you will be accessing a lot in a flying computer like the F18.

So its great news that VKB are so good with supply and keeping to milestones and deadlines then.........:-/

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

So its great news that VKB are so good with supply and keeping to milestones and deadlines then.........:-/

:lol:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ribbon - as another new player coming from BOS/Clod I can certainly say that the MCG will provide you with much more functionality and immersion than the WW2 Grip. There is a lot a stuff that falls instinctively to your thumb that you will be accessing a lot in a flying computer like the F18.

lol yeah! their product is great but WAITING is painful, looking forward to LH MCG and TECS in a two years (in EU).

:lol:

It's nice to see familiar faces from il2, cheers guys!

S!

I fly the F15 and A10 using the KG12 stick at the moment, it's definitely doable but slightly limited, and joystick mapping software is a must. The MCG provides heaps of options, but seeing as you have to wait and are keen on the Hornet there are two options inbound, the Thrustmaster F/A18 grip, or the RealSimulator F/A18 grip (which has been announced as both left and right handed versions: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203226)

No timeline has been provided for either so who knows when they'll be ready...