Was getting 45-90 fps in VR before recent update, now I'm getting 20fps

Was getting 45-90 fps in VR before recent update, now I'm getting 20fps in the Hornet. The recent update where the texture for the F-14 wings on the bottom was missing. That update KILLED my VR performance and now it's UNPLAYABLE.

I have the most recent video drives. I have done a repair. Still having the issue. Nothing seems to increase the fps.

I have a RTX 2080, 32gb RAM, i7 6700k, Oculus Rift CV1.

The VR performance was even a little higher since before they started doing performance updates for VR but now it's absolute crap. The thing I noticed is if I play offline I get 90fps. It did drop from that before while on multiplayer but it rarely dropped below 45fps. Doesn't matter what server they all do it. When I'm on the server browser my FPS is ALL over the place too.. from 15fps to 90 fps... just keeps jumping up and down constantly. Seems like whenever there is network activity it goes to hell.

Help I can't play DCS anymore! Not with FPS like this... it would make me sick and I refuse to play it on my screen. Even on screen performance is down (but of course higher then VR).

What happened here ED? Why is it suddenly so bad?

• ED Team

Hi

please post a screenshot of your dcs settings.

I have not noticed a frame drop myself, hopefully we can suggest some tweaks for you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah, there is always worse fps performance online. Regardless of settings. Possibly due to more units or netcode.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Harlikwin, not my point. I was getting 45+ sometimes 90 fps ONLINE previously before the patch on the 14th. Now I can't even play. Overall performance is down but online performance is WAY DOWN.

I have an i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080, NVME SSD... there's NO reason I should be getting performance like this.

Before that patch I was getting much better performance after upgrading from a GTX 1070 to my RTX 2080 and DCS was one of the main factors (not only) of that upgrade. Since the VR "optimization" patch a while ago it didn't help much at first.. after some time it did improve. It got to the point I could actually get 90fps on decent looking settings IN multiplayer.

Now? Now it's running worse then when I had no VR optimization patches and worse then the GTX 1070 I had. There's no reason that with system stats like this I should be getting 15-25fps.

Also keep THIS in mind... main menu 90fps.. solid. No wavering. I go to the SERVER BROWSER.. my fps drops to 15fps. There's something really ODD going on here with this patch. The online traffic is directly effecting performance. My performance bounces up and down all over the place as well but online (even on the freaking SERVER BROWSER) it goes into the toilet.

Edited by csdigitaldesign

doesn't matter the settings I can lower it down all the way and the same issue. It seems to ONLY be online that I have the problem.

Hello, an Hello BIGNEWY

No it is not only you, it is the same here with my sim rig.

I also tried to report that matter and found some additional more threats about the performance matter:

My threat regarding FPS DRops in VR: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246543

Proplems in MP: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247265

VR getting worse?: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248019

Peformance degradation: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248189

Parked F-18s cutting FPS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248046

All the Threats are more or less about the same matter and it is not only a VR subject at all.

But in VR the performance problems are much mor present because VR is a little like living on the edge.

The FPS are droppimg much harder since one of the last updates.

Isn´t it worth of beeing reportet and investigated by ED?

Please @ Bignewy, may you forward our Problem also if it did not appear with your rig?

As I wrote in my threat and as it could be read by ED it seem that the VR performance updates are working different for all the users.

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you deleted your FXO and METASHADER folders after the update ?

Most fps drop complaints I saw around here were user/OS/machine bound error.

I dont see any drop either, in fact, if, it only got better.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Have you deleted your FXO and METASHADER folders after the update ?

Most fps drop complaints I saw around here were user/OS/machine bound error.

I dont see any drop either, in fact, if, it only got better.

I deleted them, but my frames are still trash.

EDIT: I'm only in single player.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Seems to be issue with on line particularly using the GUI; laser bombs not working etc.

What happened to the promised VR improvements we were suppose to get?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Yeah, there is always worse fps performance online. Regardless of settings. Possibly due to more units or netcode.

Harlikwin, not my point. I was getting 45+ sometimes 90 fps ONLINE previously before the patch on the 14th. Now I can't even play. Overall performance is down but online performance is WAY DOWN.

LOL... 3300 posts since Nov 2018...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

since the last update i can't even get 45fps on the caucasus-map when flying the hornet over water......even drops into the low 20s when flying at treetop level...

...i remember having 45-90fps in VR a year ago when the hornet came out.

VR-performance drops constantly with every new update...

...and i really never experienced any VR-improvement on my system...

...the opposite is true; VR is not really enjoyable anymore.

VR-improvements were just a broken promise by ED. Sadly.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

they were deployed, and didn't do anything for the most part

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

they were deployed, and didn't do anything for the most part

yep. and that means ED had promised a little too much with their "50% performance gain" they announced back then.

instead VR-performance is getting worse and worse and worse and worse...

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

• ED Team
yep. and that means ED had promised a little too much with their "50% performance gain" they announced back then.

instead VR-performance is getting worse and worse and worse and worse...

Users are seeing different results, I have seen a small increase personally.

Some General FPS tweaks are in the works and the VR optimisation is still being investigated.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Users are seeing different results, I have seen a small increase personally.

Some General FPS tweaks are in the works and the VR optimisation is still being investigated.

Thanks for the information, BIGNEWY!

Yes, there were some noticeable improvements a few updates ago, but since the last one everthing went really really bad (at least for me) performance-wise.

I really hope you guys can improve VR-performance to some enjoyable level again!

If you see worse performance most likely it's an unintended effect of the update that would be resolved in time.

Except if increase of draw distances has to do with it, certainly, but it would only take a little FPS IMO, and it would not produce an inconsistent effect to only to some specific machines.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

the VR optimisation is still being investigated.

Good to hear that it's a continued effort. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If you see worse performance most likely it's an unintended effect of the update that would be resolved in time.

Except if increase of draw distances has to do with it, certainly, but it would only take a little FPS IMO, and it would not produce an inconsistent effect to only to some specific machines.

It's definitely unintended, but if ED can't reproduce the bad performance on their end, then the fix is going to take longer. That's what I'm afraid of.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team

you could be seeing the recent changes to draw distance.

Increased draw distance of static objects to compare to AI/Player objects

Increased draw distances of Map objects

This had to be tweaked to allow better Targeting pod use.

I saw no noticeable change on my system when this changed, we tested it prior to release. But everyone's machine is different, you may need to adjust settings accordingly to adapt.

ED do have some tweaks coming for FPS but I can not say more than that currently.

I haven't really seen any big changes one way or the other. At some point I had an increase of crashes which were related to a NVIDA driver update, so maybe OP could double check stuff like that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

LOL... 3300 posts since Nov 2018...

Seeing as this is your only contribution to this thread, I gotta conclude you are cyber stalking me. I'll send you some "personal photos" if you ask real nice :megalol:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243521

It was sneaked in a while back, then swept under the rug when the improvements didn't really improve much consistently.

That's very disappointing.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR