[NOT AT ALL] is the Yak-52 dead?

berk.kp

I asked the team about many issues, and the guys that worked on the Yak are currently tied up on the Anton and other things, they will be back to the Yak very soon.

I hope this does not mean that work on the new warbird DM will come to a halt once again. It seems to be so close to release now.

It happened before when developers were removed from the long announced new DM to work on the Yak, with no visible progress for months.

So it wasn't dead, it's just they have more work to do. Who would expect that, right? :lol:

The sad part is when those devs come back to the Yak or whatever other module with current complains and fix things nobody of the rioters come back either to say "sorry, I was wrong and unfairly angry using thread names as -Yak is dead-" :music_whistling:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

So it wasn't dead, it's just they have more work to do. Who would expect that, right? :lol:

The sad part is when those devs come back to the Yak or whatever other module with current complains and fix things nobody of the rioters come back either to say "sorry, I was wrong and unfairly angry using thread names as -Yak is dead-" :music_whistling:.

S!

Ask yourself how things would look if for example the F18 would come out with basic bugs in early access and then not developed for almost a year? The shitstorm would be endless.

Thank you for the good news 9L!

I don't consider it good news but at least we know what is going on, as to a timeline who knows ?

The "Anton and other things" covers a multitude of possibilities and the Anton it's self is likely to require patches and bug fixes after it's initial release, lets hope it gets more than a Chinese localisation before the team move on to the next new thing or revisit the other WWII aircraft that require attention/updates for 2.5.x

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for the update on the development.

I'm still surprised the Yak has been put aside since the engine management has been degraded with a previous patch.

At first, priming the engine was necessary and decently simulated. Now both overheating and sub-zero temperatures on startup are no biggie.

Sure the flight model is still very enjoyable and admittedly accurate enough, but I'm sure many of us hoped for a more complete picture.

Hopefully this lovely module will get revisited in the upcoming weeks/months.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ask yourself how things would look if for example the F18 would come out with basic bugs in early access and then not developed for almost a year? The shitstorm would be endless.
The shitstorm at ED forums is always endless and I really wonder why since I don't see any other thing being so bashed out there by the same people who demand at the same time more and more content and attention from barely the same small team than years ago, now with a lot more to cater for. You all want new things, but you don't want to wait for them. And still people wonder why ED doesn't spread a word about future projects until they are near completion :music_whistling:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

And still people wonder why ED doesn't spread a word about future projects until they are near completion

The general point here is rather that they aren't near completion when released (or indeed a year after that), much less when announced.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Maybe I’m just an old codger but I just don’t see why people feel the need to be so confrontational. Even if you have a problem with DCS, and I don’t know of any platforms that doesn't have problems that might need taking up, there are ways of putting your point of view forward that don’t involve using language that seems to imply the people your questioning are incompetent, dishonest or both. It seems to be the bane of our social media world and apart from being offensive, it is so counter productive. Have any of you become any more enlightened or informed about what you are asking about for having taken a confrontational tone? I would doubt it. Please, talk to each other as you would want others to speak to you.

Thank you everyone.

Neil.

Heads up Neil, this is the INTERNET.

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean it's ok. Even I admit a need to dial back a bit. Angsty neckbeards taking their in-RL shortcomings and frustrations out on people providing a video game service is just stupid. Talk about 1st world problems @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Despite the understandable frustration of some users, it's important to acknowledge that the Yak-52 module is still in Early Access.

This status alone justifies why it's unfinished (as it doesn't promises regular updates or active communication about the module).

And if there's no ETA for the finished product, it's best to stay away from it/buying it if one disagrees with the process.

It's obvious EA makes it easier for the development team but it's also what helps them offer more products and stay in the combat flight simulation market.

And on the other hand I think the issue is not having any regular update on the development or small patch that would let the users understand the module is still being slowly developed, or just temporarily postponed for other priorities.

I'd be happy with a message stating "postponed due to development of X or Y module, ADF or Interactive Training Missions or Damage Model next on the list" - and in the meantime there's a lot to enjoy with the EA Yak-52 ;)

Just my two cents of course.

Here's a proof of great fun with friends ;)

unknown.png

Back to Batumi after a very pleasant group flight with aerobatics and stupid maneuvers ^^

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I think the problem is "expectations". For me it was a learning process: at the beginning I went by my experience with the A-10C "early access". So my expectations for EA were "~6 months" till finished. With the subsequent EAs I learned my lesson and don't expect anything anymore.

As work apparently continues on the Yak after the Anton release, I hope it'll be fixed sometime this year.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

The general point here is rather that they aren't near completion when released (or indeed a year after that), much less when announced.
You're right, I meant "near release" :thumbup:.

S!

This module is awesome, and I enjoy flying it. But with that being said, the engine seems screwed. When starting the aircraft up, the propeller no longer naturally pauses during its spins and spontaneously starts. Carb and hot/cold air seem to have no effect with the engine, and the performance is significantly weaker.

The radio I still have not yet been able to work. And of course, the notorious damage model still makes you bounce off the ground like a rubber ball when you crash. What I exactly question about this module is why we're getting planned development updates but everything has still been exactly the same, if not been getting worse ever since EA.

Heads up Neil, this is the INTERNET.

I know Ron. But don't you think it is necessary to make a bit of a stand sometimes - not for eliminating arguments on the net, the bloody thing's most important feature is that it facilitates debate - but for constructive debate. It's not just a moral issue, or an issue about manners and respect - although it is undeniably that as well - its about actually achieving something; getting somewhere. You can vent your spleen till the eschaton but generally all you succeed in doing is putting peoples backs up. They become defensive and often more obstructive. If you try and take a moderate tone, use language that gives a nod of respect, you bring people into constructive discussion with you and you might actually end up finding out what's going on. Its not just with regard to the net, your a UK man so you know that our public debate is ridden with this kind of demonstration of one's 'Umbridge', and you will be aware of just how far it has got us.

I wonder what you think? Doesn't it seem to you that people with such a manner whether on the net or anywhere else, are demonstrating a kind of self righteousness, a self importance in which they are saying that they are totally correct, they have nothing to learn about the situation from anyone else. the person they are speaking to is totally wrong, and that is what gives them the right to speak to others in the way they do. Well, in my experience no one, on any side of the argument, is always totally correct, nor is the one you are discussing things with, ever a total fool. I wonder whether, in fact, at the risk of breaking my own rule, the only fool is the man or woman who persists in thinking they are always correct enough to speak to othered as though they are fools.

Finally, back to the thread. I'm also glad to hear that the YAK is till being worked on. It is what I've come to expect that long after people have become convinced that some projects have gone dead, they are actually just put to one side for a moment and development continues at a later date.

With the greatest of respect

Neil.

Edited by Neil Gardner

We got a commitment that they'd get back to work on the module. Can we stop telling each other how we should or shouldn't feel abou it? If you're happy with it Great! No sarcasm intended. But I don't think its unreasonable to expect more progress than we've seen and to make those expectations known to ED. To which I again say thank you for setting when we can expect to see progress.

I'm still going to fly it. Am I totally devastated by the lack of a pilot body or radio? No. Would I wish for improvements though, specifically engine wise? Yes! At the end of the day, it was still ED's choice out of the contract to allow us to have this.

But then again, this is consumerism at its finest. If we (as consumers/those who bought this module) do not like it, that doesn't mean we can't give criticism. Not sure why that has been the latest thinking with other modules as well.

• ED Team

Looks like a fun flight, and video evidence? :)

Despite the understandable frustration of some users, it's important to acknowledge that the Yak-52 module is still in Early Access.

This status alone justifies why it's unfinished (as it doesn't promises regular updates or active communication about the module).

And if there's no ETA for the finished product, it's best to stay away from it/buying it if one disagrees with the process.

It's obvious EA makes it easier for the development team but it's also what helps them offer more products and stay in the combat flight simulation market.

And on the other hand I think the issue is not having any regular update on the development or small patch that would let the users understand the module is still being slowly developed, or just temporarily postponed for other priorities.

I'd be happy with a message stating "postponed due to development of X or Y module, ADF or Interactive Training Missions or Damage Model next on the list" - and in the meantime there's a lot to enjoy with the EA Yak-52 ;)

Just my two cents of course.

Here's a proof of great fun with friends ;)

unknown.png

Back to Batumi after a very pleasant group flight with aerobatics and stupid maneuvers ^^

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Looks like a fun flight, and video evidence? :)

Our camera guy "kinda forgot to hit the record button".

This session has still been better than GoT season 8 though ^_^

Hmm. I like that. It really looks quite different from the regular Yak, doesn't it

-edit because I'm a dumbass

It's not a Yak-52. Of course it looks different @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2