VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Have you tried in any other plane / mission to see if it occurs across the board?

Which mission are you trying so we can try to reproduce.

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

I seem to have fixed it with a reinstall of voice attack and vaicom pro.

I do have a new one though: What are the correct tab names for the keeboard? I have "AWACS Page", "Log Page", "Tanker Page", "Crystal Palace Page" (that was a hard one to work out), "Show Notes", but I can't work out ATO, ATC, or REF.

There also doesn't seem to be anything in the FAQ or manual saying what therse are.

• Like 1

Try the following (I have set the VAICOM option so I do not need to say Page to switch between them)

Chief = Ref tab

ATC, Air Traffic Control or an airfield name = ATC tab (ATC is the least reliable of these for me)

Show Log or Show Tasking Order will bring up the ATO page

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

With the latest update to OB and Vaicompro, I am now getting a uncommanded "comms menu" poping up and down. When a stock mission starts, the comms menu is up and eventually goes away. I press the comms switch on my HOTAS, it comes back up and eventually goes away. If I just sit and watch, it is coming up and down on its own. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sorted Above. Still have a question below.

Also, when I go to the Config page...Editor Tab, I notice the "Reload" button is in orange. I put my mouse over it and it says "Reloads database from last saved state". What is that about?

I'm getting the same. How did you fix it?

Copy the export.lua in your saved games folder and then delete export.lua. Close and then restart VA / Vaicom and then DCS

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks it's working again.

Great - in the future you don't need to copy Export.lua before deleting it unless you also use Tacview or SRS

Try the following (I have set the VAICOM option so I do not need to say Page to switch between them)

Chief = Ref tab

ATC, Air Traffic Control or an airfield name = ATC tab (ATC is the least reliable of these for me)

Show Log or Show Tasking Order will bring up the ATO page

Thanks, that definitely helped. With the VAICOM option to omit the "page" call it is also more receptive and reliable.

How about JTAC and AOCS? Any hints for those?

JTAC and Crystal Palace

If JTAC doesn't work try the callsign of your JTAC

I have the AIRIO plugin, but I can't get Jester to respond to any commands, and it appears to have disabled the Jester menu as well, because that no longer comes up when I press the hotkey.

The Jester wheel cannot operate if Vaicom AIRIO is installed. Did you follow the installation instructions in the Vaicom manual (summarised as install the AIRIO dll in the Vaicompro extensions folder, open the Vaicom config, go to the editor page, click on the Finish button and follow the instructions given, enable AIRIO in the Vaicom config (on the EX page))?

if you have and it is not working please could you turn on debug in the Vaicom config and post a screenshot of the VA log file when you try to use a command

The Jester wheel cannot operate if Vaicom AIRIO is installed.

That might be a deal breaker for me, as handy as it might be to talk to Jester directly, I feel like, at least while I'm learning the ropes with the software, I need the wheel to know what my options are. There's no way to make this optional?

Did you follow the installation instructions in the Vaicom manual (summarised as install the AIRIO dll in the Vaicompro extensions folder, open the Vaicom config, go to the editor page, click on the Finish button and follow the instructions given, enable AIRIO in the Vaicom config (on the EX page))?

if you have and it is not working please could you turn on debug in the Vaicom config and post a screenshot of the VA log file when you try to use a command.

It should be installed as per the instructions, I will try to post that log file the next chance I get.

I also can't seem to get it to talk to the supercarrier correctly, It made the default Inbound to land call, instead of the SC's special inbound call, and would not advance to the rest of the dialogue chain, nor could I get it to respond to "See you at 10," "Tomcat Ball" or anything else in that dialogue chain.

I have a buddy who recently got the kneeboard plugin and has had some trouble getting things to work. I was trying to help him out and noticed that on the keyword editor page he shows 0 keywords.

What would cause this?

Is there a quick fix?

We have tried re-importing a clean profile but still no keywords.

Is this a sign of some other issue?

Looking for suggestions before telling him to reinstall and start over.

Thanks

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot

That might be a deal breaker for me, as handy as it might be to talk to Jester directly, I feel like, at least while I'm learning the ropes with the software, I need the wheel to know what my options are. There's no way to make this optional?

Sorry, I should have explained better. There is a Vaicom alternate wheel available (see page 43 of the manual), but there are technical reasons why the Heatblur one cannot be displayed. I don't have the deep knowledge to know what these are

I also can't seem to get it to talk to the supercarrier correctly, It made the default Inbound to land call, instead of the SC's special inbound call, and would not advance to the rest of the dialogue chain, nor could I get it to respond to "See you at 10," "Tomcat Ball" or anything else in that dialogue chain.

what command did you use and on which radio? In some of the instant action missions one radio will be tuned to the carrier (and possibly all support ships) and the other to a ground base. When checking in, don't use inbound - use Marking Moms or Inbound for carrier

I have a buddy who recently got the kneeboard plugin and has had some trouble getting things to work. I was trying to help him out and noticed that on the keyword editor page he shows 0 keywords.

What would cause this?

Is there a quick fix?

We have tried re-importing a clean profile but still no keywords.

Is this a sign of some other issue?

Looking for suggestions before telling him to reinstall and start over.

Thanks

Which editor list are you talking about - the one in VA or the one on the Vaicom editor tab?

The Jester menu is available via the Options function i.e. 'Jester,.. Options'.

Details in the user manual / AIRIO section.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hollwood_315

Help. How do I deactivate the kneeboard extension? It isn’t playing nice with my existing VA/KneeboardBuilder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry I meant to say it isn’t playing nice with my existing VA/KneeboardBuilder configuration.

Sorry I meant to say it isn’t playing nice with my existing VA/KneeboardBuilder configuration.

What symptoms are you getting? I am curious as I have it working with KneeboardBuilder and would like to see the differences

What symptoms are you getting? I am curious as I have it working with KneeboardBuilder and would like to see the differences

Thanks for kindly coming back to me, hornblower793. I'm afraid my main symptom was confusion as a result of not reading the flipping instructions. The kneeboard extension is actually quite brilliant. I, sad to say, am not.

Thanks for kindly coming back to me, hornblower793. I'm afraid my main symptom was confusion as a result of not reading the flipping instructions. The kneeboard extension is actually quite brilliant. I, sad to say, am not.

No problem - we have all been there:thumbup:

I've completed a new computer build, and have installed and set up Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro. From the first attempt to use, I'm having an issue after saying a command. For example, for carrier landing, I say "Inbound" and VA says "Recognize Inbound" but then it says "(awaiting additional input). I had these programs insatlled on the old computer, and it worked like a champ, never received that notation before.

I have tried deleting the Export..lua from the saved games folder, which I read somewhere, but this did not fix the issue. I reviewed the settings on Vaicom and VA, everything appears to be set correctly. I compaired the settings on the old vs new computer, and they are the same, except that the old profile had 300 additional commands. I just have no idea what "additional input" it's awaiting.

Any Ideas on how to fix this issue would be welcome.

Thnaks,

Mike

I've completed a new computer build, and have installed and set up Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro. From the first attempt to use, I'm having an issue after saying a command. For example, for carrier landing, I say "Inbound" and VA says "Recognize Inbound" but then it says "(awaiting additional input). I had these programs insatlled on the old computer, and it worked like a champ, never received that notation before.

I have tried deleting the Export..lua from the saved games folder, which I read somewhere, but this did not fix the issue. I reviewed the settings on Vaicom and VA, everything appears to be set correctly. I compaired the settings on the old vs new computer, and they are the same, except that the old profile had 300 additional commands. I just have no idea what "additional input" it's awaiting.

Any Ideas on how to fix this issue would be welcome.

Thnaks,

Mike

Which add-ons / extensions do you have for Vaicom?

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk